What are your 2018 Objectives?

Marc Wilson

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/15/2017 at 10:59 AM, Kramer said:

I won't be doing numbers pledges, but finishing everything in the to-do box by summer would of course be a very big plus...

First to start off with doing some inventory work. DONE! 28-12-17 I have a lot of stuff left unpainted, that I got from friends, my brother (as he doesn't mind grey plastic on the table, 'shudders') and more that I want to paint over the year. And either give back the stuff i'm not painting or put it all into a 'long term to do box'. As a consequence, i'll only be buying something to add to that box if I finished something in it. 

secondly: I recently grabbed a small box which fits about 5/6 models. That is now my 'i'm working on this box'. I found out that working on bigger groups really hurts my motivation and this 5/6 models allows me to grab three from two factions etc. I will only be adding to this box for the 'long term to do box' if something is finished!  Also it helps me to start something new while working on the fiddly details of something new. 

Thirdly: play more games, Shadespire is looking to really help with that, but also i'll be looking towards more one of games as I tend to play in gaming weekends, but those are becoming few and far in between. 

Two thirds of the year done, so I was curious to see how others, and myself, are doing on their goals. 

For me personally the inventory really helped. As well as the small painting box so not to paint to much at the same time. 

Shadespire was a bit of a dud sadly. Played it too little, it deserved more, great game. But on the plus side it was because we played more AoS. 

Also I'm adding another goal. I have started a couple of new factions this year due to good second hand deals or in one case a friend dropped his Beast of Chaos here. But right now I have 4 factions that i'm close to painting everything of. So in the rest of 2018 that's going to be the goal! 

Finish:
Kharadron Overlords: 1 Frigate, 3 Skyriggers, 1 Khemist
Ogors: 20 Goblins, 1 Overtyrant & the bits to convert a Butcher with Couldron
Daughters of Khaine: 10-15 Witches, Bloodwrackshrine, 1 Slaughter Queen
Beast of Chaos: 9 Ungors, 8 Gors, 1 Beastlord, 1 Khazrak the one eye.
Garrek's Reavers.

I've never completed a line of models before and seeing that I am almost 3/4 done with my Kharadron Overlords, I might just go ahead and pick up the straggler models like Brokk Grungsson and put together maybe 6 or 9 Skywardens since I already have a full compliment of Endrinriggers (count em,  18 Endrinriggers). 

Really want to participate in big local tournaments but seems like timings don't seem to match up.

With winter fast approaching I think its best to get as much filed and spray painted as possible before its no longer an option for me to do. Then paint my way through the last few months of 2018. 

20 Arkanauts finished. 10 Currently filed and waiting to be primed. 

1 Khemist 

1 Admiral 

Half done assembling/gap filling/priming my Ironclad. 

Finishing Painting 1 Firgate. 

I'm going to try and get this done by the end of the year since there isn't too much games coming out so I shouldn't be too distracted. 

1 hour ago, Barkanaut said:

With winter fast approaching I think its best to get as much filed and spray painted as possible before its no longer an option for me to do. Then paint my way through the last few months of 2018. 

20 Arkanauts finished. 10 Currently filed and waiting to be primed. 

1 Khemist 

1 Admiral 

Half done assembling/gap filling/priming my Ironclad. 

Finishing Painting 1 Firgate. 

I'm going to try and get this done by the end of the year since there isn't too much games coming out so I shouldn't be too distracted. 

Good call on the base couting! I should make that a priority as well. 

On 12/15/2017 at 6:44 AM, Praecautus said:

Finish space hulk - 1 squad, librarian, Claudio and a few bases to go

Play all the space hulk missions

Build and paint gorechosen

Buy and paint silver tower

play some silver tower

Get the last unit of my mortal blood bound finished

Decide on, build and start next army - likely Daemons of khorne

Get distracted by the new shiny and ignore most of the above ?

Space hulk has failed miserably 

Gorechosen is done

Silver tower is not available but I did do all of Hammerhal and played trough it twice.

Mortal bloodbound army is done for now at 4K points, but new units are on the horizon

The new army is Idoneth deepkin

On 1/15/2018 at 6:12 PM, mastercrafted said:

1. Finish painting my mixed chaos army, 2000 pts min - should be doable. Probably have enough painted already, but theres a few things i wanna add

2. Buy, Build and paint archaon, just as long as angron doesnt appear in 40k

3. Actually play my first game of Aos, even if i have to rock up to an event on my own!

Got distracted by a few other things, but i'm pretty much there with 1. My mixed chaos army became a khorne army and a tzeentch army, and my khorne will be mostly done by the end of this year. 

Was playing a lot of 40k earlier this year, so i bought the lord of skulls instead of archaon which is still only half built. Kind of wished i bought archaon, can't see me splashing out again like that in 2018.

Played my first game of Aos in the summer, and i'm now playing fairly regularly which is great.

Archived