Warhammer Community Survey

Frozenbeast

Today while  rotting on my sofa on my day off I stumbled upon this on the Warhammer Community website:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/11/30/say-big-community-survey-nov-30gw-homepage-post-1/

Nosy as I am I clicked on the link and found out that actually seems that GW is interested in what we (the community) think of their company and their games. Now, I  don't know how strongly this will affect their future decisions on their management of the games but seen how "new GW" (let's say from the release of AoS on) has been working for the past years, I might have "a new hopes"(quote). I decided I'd give it a go and also to share with TGA this thought GW had for us hoping (again) this is not just "panem et circenses" just to shut our mouth and be able to return this on us once somebody will complain in the future ("well, we asked for your opinion and we have done what you said now why are you complaining again?"). I deeply think it might be helpful it takes 3 minutes and is pretty straight forward (besides being in multiple languages) so if you like e are hopeful, just give it a go.

Peace

It's a really comprehensive survey too.  I don't envy the poor soul going through the results though.

17 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

I got sent this in my email, got one from total war also to join a special forum.

Got mine by e-mail too.  Not special enough to join a forum *sniff* (don't play total war either ;))

If you look at their questions you can see what they are after. Such as the possible correlations between years in the hobby and hobby focus (do old gamers like painting more for example ?) or if gamers play more than one of their games. 

I hope they take the results to heart. I tried to make some points while filling in the survey and I think there were plenty of room for that. 

I think they are seriously taking in consideration the possibility of shutting down a lot of shops though some of the questions were really focused on where do you go to play or paint or where do you meet your friends who play, etc... 

1 hour ago, Sigwarus said:

I hope they take the results to heart. I tried to make some points while filling in the survey and I think there were plenty of room for that. 

really hope it too. Although the fact that there is plenty of room for yo to make a point is just a bird mirror. Nobody will ever read those because is very possible that those comment would "force" them to make actions they don't like to take.

6 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

I think they are seriously taking in consideration the possibility of shutting down a lot of shops though some of the questions were really focused on where do you go to play or paint or where do you meet your friends who play, etc... 

I doubt that.  

The questions are to help them understand how the community works, and how much the stores see of the community attention. If anything I expect its to help them identify the best way to improve stores, and places they should be looking for new stores.  

I hope they aren’t planing to shut lots of shops, you will see a steady decline in new players if you do. 

If they want to make the shops more profitable stop being 25% more expensive than the online retailers. If they were a comparable price I’m sure everyone would buy from them direct.

37 minutes ago, Charles said:

If they want to make the shops more profitable stop being 25% more expensive than the online retailers. If they were a comparable price I’m sure everyone would buy from them direct.

Problem with this is a fair competition. Some brick and Mortar stores cannot survive with giving a discount so if GW gives a discount they are directly competing with the Indy store which considering they cannot open a store in every town would be bad for business. It may also be in violation of trade agreements but I am unsure of this as I am not a lawyer. 

On the subject of shops - I doubt it's to find out about closing them. I think it's more to see how people use them. For example, I very rarely go into a shop and when I do it's to get some models or paint. I haven't played in a GW store for years but I imagine that there are plenty of players out there who use them for painting or playing in.

It's well worth doing the survey as GW are interesting in what we think and if you look at how they have performed as a company, it seems to be really working for them! But I really don't fancy being the person(s) going through that data. Facebook is bad enough, so I dread to think what would be in that survey!!!!

1 hour ago, Gaz Taylor said:

On the subject of shops - I doubt it's to find out about closing them. I think it's more to see how people use them. For example, I very rarely go into a shop and when I do it's to get some models or paint. I haven't played in a GW store for years but I imagine that there are plenty of players out there who use them for painting or playing in.

It's well worth doing the survey as GW are interesting in what we think and if you look at how they have performed as a company, it seems to be really working for them! But I really don't fancy being the person(s) going through that data. Facebook is bad enough, so I dread to think what would be in that survey!!!!

I expect the words are just going to be pushing into 'word clouds' so they can go hunting for 'Good' and 'Bad' words. 

But it wouldn't surprise me if we do not see the results for 4 to 6 months. If we see the results.

21 minutes ago, Uveron said:

I expect the words are just going to be pushing into 'word clouds' so they can go hunting for 'Good' and 'Bad' words. 

But it wouldn't surprise me if we do not see the results for 4 to 6 months. If we see the results.

I think we will see the results. I think they will do some stuff on social media to poke a bit of fun at some of the weird stuff people have said but also to follow up on some of it. I think some of the stuff people expect to see of GW will never happen because it would be bad for GW but also suck out some of the fun around what they do. They have been doing a great job recently by making everything they do with the community fun. As long as we keep on enjoying it, they will keep on doing it

Archived