Enter the Yceslayers

Ansuz

After some tests with the official paint scheme for the Fyreslayers, I decided that I needed something with colder tone, and specifically some blue in it. Honestly this was the original scheme that came to my mind the first time I saw this figures and judging by the result, I think I made the right choice. I'm not a good  painter, so I only aspire to paint my army to a decent tabletop quality. The scheme is quite fast and once perfected I'll be able to complete a figure in two hours. It's also batch painting friendly.

Just tell me what do you think.

20160625_235522.jpg

20160625_235625.jpg

20160625_235602.jpg

C&C are welcome.

Nice work. You do yourself a disservice by saying that you're not a good painter - you clearly have more than handy brush skills and an eye for a nice colour scheme.

For me, the only bit that I don't like is the copper/gold - I think that the warm colour clashes too much with your cold palette. If I was you I'd experiment with a metallic black, or a metallic blue - the Scale75 one looks good, but I've never used it myself.

I'll be watching your blog with interest.

MGP

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Morghot said:

Good looking Fyreslayer, it's a pity there are only few pics from this dwarves around (at least i don't see a lot of it!!)

Very cool the blu beard idea!!

Have you paint more of that

Thanks for your comment. I'm trying to find some time to finish the unit. I hope to keep updating my progress in this thread.

Archived