Let's chat: Daughters of Khaine

Payce

22 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Martyrs sacrifice on sister of slaughter will be funny, even if you kill me or I save you'll be getting some form of mortal wound back haha! :DxD

I'd rather put it on a unit of witches,  that way i just don't care whether you kill them or not.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

Spells are good, Mindrazor could be amazing and Withering is good as well, Prayers are even better. Pit of Shades is sadly very bad. 

So we also now they there is another Hero option - Slaughter Queen and Medusa is out spellcaster. 

I hope we will get Tanabrael as so far leader selection is very thin. 

Meh, it hits like arcane bolt against stormcasts and has a chance for super high-rolls. Not as cool as it could be but it could be worse.

It could be blades of shyish.

The stuff they are not telling us is intriguing as usual...

I wonder if doomfire warlocks will stay as a wizard unit with access to lore of shadow? or maybe they will turn Doombolt into some kind of shooting attack.

Really interested to see what they do with the cauldrons and bloodwrack shrines - a lot of the character buffs seem to have moved to spells and allegiance abilities.

The army is looking great so far though. seems like there will be a number of potential builds and everything revealed looks like it has a use. It looks strong enough to compete too, nothing seems OP - just solid - which seems characteristic of this latest wave of releases.

I can't wait to read the book. Lots of retcon going on to move Morathi from being a Slaanesh cult leader to being one of his most determined enemies which I think they are handling quite well. Looks like the Bloodwracks are just getting a straight up rewrite without even a nod to their 8th edition lore though! which again is fair enough since nobody used them in 8th anyway!

9 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

I can't wait to read the book. Lots of retcon going on to move Morathi from being a Slaanesh cult leader to being one of his most determined enemies which I think they are handling quite well.

I wouldn't call this a retcon.  This is purely character development based on events that occurred in the endtimes and formation of the mortal realms.  She used to lead Slaanesh pleasure cult, they didn't alter that piece of history.  She's just furious that she wasn't rewarded for it, but instead was consumed by Slaanesh.  She looks out for number 1.  That's always been the case and always will be.

2 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

I wouldn't call this a retcon.  This is purely character development based on events that occurred in the endtimes and formation of the mortal realms.  She used to lead Slaanesh pleasure cult, they didn't alter that piece of history.  She's just furious that she wasn't rewarded for it, but instead was consumed by Slaanesh.  She looks out for number 1.  That's always been the case and always will be.

Fair point. I should have separated my train of thought on the medusae from Morathi. I don't think she was ever really a "follower" of Slaanesh - but made pacts for her own ambitions which she probably hoped to never have to pay up for. I guess thats the stuff I'm hoping they cover in the Battletome.

5 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Seems legit, Witches Aelves are amazing with hero, shields are pretty bad now nothing special I'd rather have more attacks. 

You do get +1 attack from paired daggers - so 4 attacks within 8" of a hero. We lose re-roll 1's (or all) to hit from the old sacrificial knives ability though. Kinda expected that from the allegiance abilities.

Means there is less encouragement for big units though - except for the massive regiments discount

lost an inch of movement :( 

Hornblower now gives run AND charge though so thats amazing :D

4 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

You do get +1 attack from paired daggers - so 4 attacks within 8" of a hero. We lose re-roll 1's (or all) to hit from the old sacrificial knives ability though. Kinda expected that from the allegiance abilities.

Means there is less encouragement for big units though - except for the massive regiments discount

Well you'd get your rerolls from the alliegence abilities.

The Hornblower ability is rather strong when paired with the ability to reroll 1's on run and charge (assuming this is accurate...the wording doesn't seem as polished as GW new stuff.  Could be playtest warscrolls, so who knows if they actually reflect their final state).  It effectively puts Witch movement at 6+d6 rerolling 1 inches.

28 minutes ago, Drofnum said:

I saw some leaks for the warscrolls.  Looks like if you simply google the unit name+pdf you can pull them up from GW.  I dont play DoK though so cant comment much on the changes.

Edit:  https://imgur.com/a/BJR3x

The witch aelves, sisters and shrine scrolls match those on the gw website if you view them from the shop. Didnt see the warlocks there but it seems reasonable enough to be true :)

6 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Anybody sees any advantage of Sisters of Slaughter compared to Witch Elves? 

No, the fact that dance of death and frenzied fervor are the only differences between the two scrolls makes me skeptical of their validity.  That unit will never see play if it is accurate.  That 6" pile-in is hardly relevant thanks to the hornblower ability to run and charge.

edit: their whip has 2" range vs 1" for knife.  Still don't see them as useful, which stinks because i like the masks and whips.

3 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

No, the fact that dance of death and frenzied fervor are the only differences between the two scrolls makes me skeptical of their validity.  That unit will never see play if it is accurate.  That 6" pile-in is hardly relevant thanks to the hornblower ability to run and charge.

edit: their whip has 2" range vs 1" for knife.  Still don't see them as useful, which stinks because i like the masks and whips.

That's why I think it's fake, and that they both lost an inch of movement just to run and charge...

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

That's why I think it's fake, and that they both lost an inch of movement just to run and charge...

Yeah but that evens out cause you have no reason not to run, you're running a minimum of 1" anyway so you are always at their old base movement.  So in reality you didnt lose anything but gained the potential to move further.

Their warscolls are essentially the same except for dance of death vs frenzied fervour, with the latter being a much stronger ability, as well as sisters getting 2" on their whip attacks... I'd have liked to have seen them differentiated a bit more. On the plus side the hornblower & standard bearer abilities are very nice especially run & charge. 

The warscrolls are up on the GW website right now so they are definitely not fake.

8 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

Maybe as a potential second unit behind witch elves?  If you get witch elves 3-5 inches away from an enemy with sisters behind them you can charge with the WE and simply pile in with sisters and still get attacks out of both units.

Obviously a niche case but its something that could work.

12 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Run and charge is a big boost.  With rerolling 1s on run your average move becomes 9.75"

If you haven't noticed a theme, I like math-hammer. :D

Archived