Countering Kharadon Overlords

Congratz

Moonclan with few monsters and plenty of fanatics would actually be pretty good. Grots get 2 broken buffs against shooting - 4+ saves and good bravery! These days a lot of the damage relies on the Riggers, but Fanatics will shut them down, then even a vanilla unit of 40 Grots could kill them in melee in your turn.

Aetherstrike Force gives them a challenge if you stack all the defences against shooting. If they kill any of your units, they get shot in the face and they are far squishier than you. Again Aetherwings block the Riggers.

Fulminators just laugh at the shooting from KO with Staunch Defender on.

Cunning Deceiver hurts them a lot.

Be'Lakor on the Riggers would be nasty.

Anything with a lot of chaff is gonna cause issues, you take up so much board space.  Rhukk will spread out and reduce drop area (potentially even stop it completely!), Same with full murderhost.  Mirrorshield drake etc gives it lots to think about also. 

Also think potentuially Nurgle Blight Guard formation plus a ton of Plaguebearers will shut them down

You can summon junk onto the table if you can go first to really block up space. 10 Pinks summoned 9" away from your front line can spread out to a line 20 inches long and exclude the ship from coming down anywhere 9" away from that line. If you stuck out 10 Pinks and 10 Plaguebearers you could wall off a huge area.

15 hours ago, Congratz said:

Wich army counters Kharadon? from all Grand alliances?

Have tried Bretonnia and Pure Moonclan grots

Any ideas?

Each Grand Alliance has the tools to counter KO.

You need to treat KO (especially the one that drops from the sky) similar to a Clan Skryre list. Deployment is your key to victory or will undermine your battle. 

Units will need to be sacrificed and you may need to provide a juicy target in order for the rest of your army to remain safe.

I'll screen my buffing units with battle line with precise measurements and have a counter-punch strategy in place.

I only know that the guy I've played around here has a rough game against warherds. Out of 6 games he almost won one. The rest he got stomped. He then went on to win the tournament we were prepping for. He was running the battalion that has the prosecutors and venator in it. He had a frigate and an ironclad and I can't remember what else. I just know that the speed and hitting power of the warherds was enough to wipe them out quick. By turn 3 the game was usually over.

There was a really good episode of facehammer recently where Byron and Russ discussed Byron's army of Aelves. They seemed to have a lot of bonuses against shooting attacks and are a bit off the wall too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/8/2017 at 5:12 PM, Aezeal said:

Do sylvaneth actually stand a chance against KO?

If you were to ask me from my games, I think Slyvaneth is the best matchup against KO.  KO can do hardly any Mortal Wounds, though they can spam Rend-2 quite a bit.  But Slyvaneth has some of the best armor saves in game.

Filling the board with woods can cause the few melee units/runs KO wants to do to be risky, especially since the best killy unit we have are all pricy 2 wounders.  Not to mention things like Durthu's stomp easily knocking off the hit modifiers.

Minus to hit can cause the 'elite but few' units that KO brings to not have the impact they want, as well as the +1 to armor save as you are always in the woods keeps your stuff a float.  And there is nothing a unit of your big guys cant scythe through casually.

1 hour ago, GlanceOnASix said:

If you were to ask me from my games, I think Slyvaneth is the best matchup against KO.  KO can do hardly any Mortal Wounds, though they can spam Rend-2 quite a bit.  But Slyvaneth has some of the best armor saves in game.

Filling the board with woods can cause the few melee units/runs KO wants to do to be risky, especially since the best killy unit we have are all pricy 2 wounders.  Not to mention things like Durthu's stomp easily knocking off the hit modifiers.

Minus to hit can cause the 'elite but few' units that KO brings to not have the impact they want, as well as the +1 to armor save as you are always in the woods keeps your stuff a float.  And there is nothing a unit of your big guys cant scythe through casually.

I'd think their heavy shooting with rend would kill our expensive models before we can kill theirs.. But good to hear it's not that bad. Still their shooting combined with khemists seems impressive.

@Aezeal They absolutely will in some cases, when I think about having to shoot at Durthu, who has a 2+ rerolling ones in the woods with -1 to hit him, and hes already 9 inches away from me because his forest showed up in my face.  Its a lot easier to have to shoot some tzeench greater daemon than that.

I'd rather shoot down skyfires than deal with hunters in the woods with their reroll saves (and possibly even more bonus to saves if they do that stormcast mix army thing).  

I think its a close matchup, but if I were to put money down on best KOplayer in the world vs best Sylv.  I'd bet Sylv.

Archived