Army from Realm of Hysh

Gorthor21

I was thinking of starting an order army based out of hysh.  Im thinking lots of white, silver and more white.  The luminark is the center of my idea with close infantry support.  Crossbowmen seem to be the best ranged choice with guard units castled up around the luminark.  My main concern is in the wlite units.  I like the idea of greatswords and swordmasters fighting together but the costs are high there.  Im trying to make a thematic army and i was looking for advice on what units would fit into an army from Hysh.

I do not have much advice to offer in regards to what units would fit best in your Hysh army; I just wanted to say that I fully support your choice of colors, they will look very pure!

I have gone with a very similar color scheme for my Stormcasts, although a) because of all the armour it is more Silver + White; and b) I like my Stormcasts battered and dirty, so the look might not be as clean as yours. One piece of advice if I may - think of a spot color to possible include. Whilst painting mine I realised that I had to bring in more colors than I initially wanted, otherwise they came across as too bland.

SC_Liberator1.JPG.45ab3edbde96ae89a386093fa2d5bddf.JPG

Good luck with your new army!

A combination of aelves and free peoples definitely seems like a good match for Hysh. I've not got much advice though on the tactics front. If your looking for inspiration the AOS28 thread is always a good bet. Lots of grimdark but there's a few people designing warbands from hysh. 

I got inspired by the short story Prodigal with the city made of light and a priesthood of Tyrion.  The white wizards are what i plan for that.  My old recipe for white is a white primer a grey undercoat with two more layers of pure white.  Im thinking of the armor scales on the high elves would be white and maybe the greatswords.

I'd hope to see a few Luminark of Hysh's in your army ;-)

If I ran a Hysh army I'd look to inspiration from the High Elf range, even if I was to kit bash with alternative heads and weapons. 

Create a really clean looking army with sparkling mitheral silver, loads of bright colours like light blue/light red/yellow, and plenty of grass on the bases.

I'd love to see your hobby progression, so make sure to share photos.

22 hours ago, Gorthor21 said:

I got inspired by the short story Prodigal with the city made of light and a priesthood of Tyrion.  The white wizards are what i plan for that. 

Got it. Actually, one unit which could be quite cool would be the Battlemage on Griffon (converting / switching the top half of the mage's body with one of the wizards in the Luminark's set so that he fits in better with the concept, and looks less wild and barbaric). The griffon is such an outstanding model...

What about the executioners of Hysh, the only elves that trained their whole lives to kill with a single blow and the people you call if you need something truly dead without a chance of reanimation. Could be fluffy, could be a bit of stretch to fit in. But the dark coven executioners are an amazing elite unit, fast 4+ save, two 3+ 3+ attacks, deals two mortal wounds on a 6+ to hit. But the models are a bit love it or hate it. But I think the old models in white and silver could look very spiritual and fitting. 

3 hours ago, Roark said:

Haha, yeah I'm not a huge fan. I'm using these guys because no one here in Oz seems to care whether you use GW minis or not, as long as the representation is clear:

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/retribution-of-scyrah/units/ryssovass-defenders

Very cool, heroic 28mm? 

I have 30 of the metal ones and they are some of my favorite models ever.

You are spot on their soldiers wore white, sliver blue etc and of course they had a lot of light wizards with Luminarks. Also from Josh reynolds so go nuts my free guild regiment mainly worships Malerion and has a few darkling coven units. 

So are there free guild regiments that don't worship sigmar? Is it possible that regiments exist that worship Alarielle, Malerion, Grungi etc?

Yep! For instance, in a thing I just wrote, there's a regiment stationed in Hammerhal that's a mix of Azyrites and native Ghyranites. The latter still openly worship Alarielle, even though they're serving in a predominately Sigmarite regiment.

For those who do not know of the short story. 

BLPROCESSED-The%20Prodigal%20cover.jpg

THE STORY
Lykerna, the City of Light, sits in the Realm of Hysh in permanent tribute to the Tyrion, Lord of Light. But although it was once his home before the Blood God found him and twisted him to His gore-soaked service, the Chaos champion Graunos has never seen it... Forsaken and seeking revenge, he returns at the head of an army. Will he topple the gleaming towers, or will the light prevail?

I was just wondering. The way they describe the realm of light as full of geometric perfection, how would that affect the landscapes there?

From what I gather Hysh and Uglu are reflections of one another. So I assume they are tied together in what happened with Slannesh.

Army from Hysh? Ok. Here's what ya do. Buy and paint up all your bases all pretty like. Then glue one Xmas light to each base. Then paint a weapon for each light and glue it on. Then write a backstory and name each light! Army from Hysh, done!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived