Ghb 2017 allies rules... what do we know?

The Grand Alliance Death sneak peak showed the Deathlords Pitched Battle profiles which also had a list of the factions it could ally with. So we know that who you can ally with is going to be fixed.

It is also implied that the Deathlord's wide choice of allies is a bit exceptional and not the case with other factions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ollie pretty much sums it up. i can imagine stormcast being available to all order factions as allies but aside from that it may be limited to what makes thematic sense for the army (so fyreslayers, dispossessed and KO could ally with each other but maybe not with collegiate arcane or something). but thats just my speculation

Has it been confirmed what allies are? Are they the armies that you can pair to a certain extent without breaking allegiance, or they the only armies you can pair up with? Since deathlords is the one we have seen, does this new rule mean that you can never run deathlords with tomb kings, because they aren't specified allies?

Has it been confirmed what allies are? Are they the armies that you can pair to a certain extent without breaking allegiance, or they the only armies you can pair up with? Since deathlords is the one we have seen, does this new rule mean that you can never run deathlords with tomb kings, because they aren't specified allies?

It's so you can run mixed forces without breaking allegiance in Pitched Battles.

I'd speculate mixed forces outside those rules would function as they do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

It looks like you can take 20% of your army from factions on your allies list without losing your faction specific allegiance abilities.

You can still freely mix in anything from your grand alliance by taking your GA allegiance abilities.

Superb :)  this what I'd hoped. A skin wolf pack for my slaves to darkness army or Aunty nom nom the hellcannon for my khorne psychopaths.

I get the feeling that this won't happen in Matched Play.

I mean, we already know Fyreslayers are mercenaries, and have worked for Chaos in the past in order to secure Ur-Gold. But I don't think you're going to see Fyreslayers as Allies for every single faction in the game.

I get the feeling the 'Allies' thing is more like a Battle Brothers type deal. These are factions that work closely together quite frequently, tied together due to similar ideals, approaches, etc. It's why I'd say, you're likely to see Free Peoples with Devoted of Sigmar, Ironweld Arsenal, Collegiate Arcane, Dispossessed, Stormcast Eternals, but I don't think you'll see them alongside Fyreslayers or Kharadron Overlords as there's no fluff link that matches up these factions as good partners.

The might partner up from time to time, but it'd be more an adhoc thing and hence would fall under the Grand Alliance banner.

Archived