Chaos Dwarf in AoS - Help?

I apologise in advance if this has been posted before.

I have a Chaos Dwarf army from way back (early 90's) and was wondering if it was possible to incorporate them into AoS. I have noticed that GW have put some warscrolls out there for WHFB armies, and Chaos Dwarves is one of them. The thing is, the Chaos Dwarf army I have is from the 5th/6th not the later 8th edition and what about the Hobgoblins? Would it be possible to bring them onto the scene?

Any help would be grateful.

Most certainly, you can bring all kinds of Chaos Dwarfs to the mix and more Daemonic Engines or Fabrications then ever. This is the case because Forge World decided to remake Chaos Dwarfs because GW pretty much left them aside since their solo release in the form of the Hellcannon, which was way back in 2004's Storm of Chaos.

If you download the Age of Sigmar app you'll be able to find their Warscrolls. They are now known as The Legions of Azgorh.

If you want to expand your army, here's Forge World's stuff: https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-NL/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar?Nu=product.repositoryId&N=102780+3084036522&qty=8&sorting=rec&view=table&categoryId=cat2210035

As for the Hobgoblins I then you'd have to use them as 'counts as' models. If you don't want to lose the chaos allegiance and with it the allegiance abilities you'd have to stick with chaos units.

I'd say for the harassing cheap chaff style you could go with marauders, ungors, or perhaps most suitably you could have them count as skaven. 

Thank you all for your input and help. \m/xD

It looks like I might be re-basing some Chaos Dwarf models soon.  Should go nice with my slowly growing Khorne army.  Shame about the Hobgoblins not having the Chaos keyword that would have been the icing on the cake.

I have looked into the Legion as well.  The big issue I have is that I have several Swivel Guns, 2 bazooka teams, a mortar team, and units of crossbowmen.  I may be wrong as I have only tried through the App but I have not found an equivalent for any of those as the original poster said, they are using other war machines from later runs.  I also used to have the boarataur thing with meat-grinder flail cart or whatever that thing was but cant seem to find him (either the miniature or the warscroll).

The Legion actually does have Goblin Wolf Riders and units with bows and stuff so I have been using my hobgoblins as different things under those lists including making some of my old Ogre units now the Chaos Ogres available so it is a heavy goblin/hobgoblin army at the moment but I want to be able to field the swivel guns and other light artillery the CD's were famous for.

so... all substitute war scrolls have the chaos keyword in place of their alternative counterpart such as destruction. One day they'll do an Errata and FAQ and this will be in there to that effect i'm sure.

The boartoaur thing pushing the slicy dicy pram thing you can use as a skullcracker as esentially that's what superceded it - it's the closest equivalent.

I would use the swivel guns as Deathshrieker rocket launchers and the bazooka teams as perhaps magma cannons, and the mortar as a dreadquake which went on to supercede the earthshaker.  You could easily say that the swivel guns fire daemon rockets and the bazookas fire a ensorcelled shell which is filled with living magma from a kdaai so behave entirely differently from normal bazookas.

You could use your crossbows as fireglaives.

The Legion of Azgorh Zharr Gorath was a different citadel to the citadel of Zharr-Naggrund where Astrogoth was lord, it was more of a penal colony so the structure was very different from Zharr-Naggrund.

The most important thing to remember with any compendium army is that the "counts as" warscrolls were for units which there were no models.  In this respect they elected to give you an alternative scroll but the allegiance can be said to be the original intent not the donor.  Now obviously you have the rule of no model, no warscroll.  You'll notice that the monstrous arcanum compendium has a lot of stuff missing in respect to what was in the original wfb book.

Once I have a moment I will take an in depth look at all this, and see what can be used as substitutes for other models. I will post on here when done and let you know what the army will consist of.

I know I have CD warriors, Bull centaurs, blunderbuss, etc so these should be quite straight forward to convert.

• 1 month later...

What's really interesting is that the possibility of bringing Chaos Dwarves back is, so to speak, possible. They have been mentioned in the "All-gates" campaign book as those who have helped Archaon capture and build strongholds.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2017 at 3:32 AM, BloodReign said:

I apologise in advance if this has been posted before.

I have a Chaos Dwarf army from way back (early 90's) and was wondering if it was possible to incorporate them into AoS. I have noticed that GW have put some warscrolls out there for WHFB armies, and Chaos Dwarves is one of them. The thing is, the Chaos Dwarf army I have is from the 5th/6th not the later 8th edition and what about the Hobgoblins? Would it be possible to bring them onto the scene?

Any help would be grateful.

funny, I just interviewed @Ben tonight for ep 198 Combat Phase podcast (May 31st release date) on this very subject. :) Give it a listen when it drops. B|

Right people. I need some help.

I have looked at the warscrolls for The Legions of Azgorh and think that most of my army could be re-labelled to fit these. I couldn't find a list for the Lammasu in there though so did some searching and found a warscroll for that and the Great Taurus in the Warriors of Chaos warscrolls by GW.

After reading these I noticed that the Great Taurus couldn't have a model mounted on it as it would deal out damage to the model with its Blazing Body, but could you place a CD Sorcerer onto the Lammasu as the Sorcerous Miasma doesn't affect Chaos sorcerers. There by having a CD Sorcerer riding a Lammasu.

I know that the Lammasu is listed as a wizard itself (being able to use Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield) but I think I would drop that ability if the CD Sorcerer was mounted on it as a fair trade off.

What are your thoughts.

5 hours ago, BloodReign said:

Right people. I need some help.

I have looked at the warscrolls for The Legions of Azgorh and think that most of my army could be re-labelled to fit these. I couldn't find a list for the Lammasu in there though so did some searching and found a warscroll for that and the Great Taurus in the Warriors of Chaos warscrolls by GW.

After reading these I noticed that the Great Taurus couldn't have a model mounted on it as it would deal out damage to the model with its Blazing Body, but could you place a CD Sorcerer onto the Lammasu as the Sorcerous Miasma doesn't affect Chaos sorcerers. There by having a CD Sorcerer riding a Lammasu.

I know that the Lammasu is listed as a wizard itself (being able to use Arcane Bolt and Mystic Shield) but I think I would drop that ability if the CD Sorcerer was mounted on it as a fair trade off.

What are your thoughts.

This is something you would have to house rule with your opponent.

With AoS the most important thing and difference with old fantasy, and it’s something that 40k 8th ed players will need to get to grips with as well is this;

The game is model centric not list centric.  By this, essentially there a) must be a model  and b) the option must be in the model’s kit.

This is why if you look in the compendiums like Warriors of Chaos or Legions of Azgorh anything that didn’t have a model had a warscroll equivalent of an existing model elsewhere.

So in your case, unless there was a model of the Lamassu with rider, you won’t see a scroll for it.  There is no granularity in AoS, so your points buy the model with those options, you don’t pay x for this and y for that.

This isn’t to say that in your group (and I’d be fine with this) taking the wounds of the daemonsmith and combining his scroll with that of the Lamassu.

For your bale Taurus scenario, same applies, so I’d ask nicely, again just combine warscrolls, and maybe combine points or use Drazoath’s points as your guideline if you’re playing matched play. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived