Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

28 minutes ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

I hear ya man.  We can't win every game, and technically "shouldn't"... it's tough but I think in some games you just have to go for minor victory, sadly.  It's unfortunate, but our toolbox is so limited.

Im thinking Death or new fish elves.

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Entombet said:

Im thinking Death or new fish elves.

As another army to take?  I would say that if you love chaos dwarfs, just try your hardest to learn to make them work.  A lot of times, it's tough to learn how to counter things until you lose a bunch of times.  Once you know the army's tricks and their plans for the scenarios, you just have to try and set up to counter it.

Hey guys. 

So I'm thinking of doing chaos dwarf conversions from either kharadrons (and make cool steampunk chaos dwarves) or dispossessed to save on large costs and also because I love heavy conversion projects! (Will likely buy the warmachines from forgeworld though)

How do chaos dwarves hold up in a mixed chaos force e.g. alongside slaves to darkness? I'm thinking the fireglaives would be really useful to add in shooting as would the big cannons. How do things like bull centaurs, the fire monster things (forgot the name) and the axe and shield troops hold up in a mixed group though? There's always a chance I may expand into a full force if I like them enough but it would be cool to see if they work alongside my main slaves & tzeentch bits.

Bull centaurs are bullgors with an extra wound and better save (4+).

Ironsworn (axe infantry) are fairly equivelent to chaos warriors. The only have one wound and attack but they are almost half as expensive and they have rend. Their shields can inflict mortal wounds instead of saving them.

Daemonsmiths have a spell that gives -2 to ranged attacks and runs.

I haven't had a chance to use the fireborn yet but they seem to be good against chaff.

I think they would fit in pretty well other than preventing using allegiance abilies other that grand alliance chaos because they are not listed as allies for anyone as far as I know.

I got an email back from Forgeworld about the Skullcracker. Hate to be the bearer of bad news:

"Hi there,

Thanks for the email. After speaking with our studio manager the confirmation is that the Skullcracker War Engine has sadly been discontinued.

Unfortunately whilst undergoing its repackaging we noticed several defects in a batch of models and investigated the issue. As it turns out the mold had corroded to a point we were unable to fix the mold which lead us to remove this item from the range at short notice.

We have no intentions to return this product to sale for the foreseeable future and apologize for the inconvenience."

4 hours ago, klggor1 said:

I got an email back from Forgeworld about the Skullcracker. Hate to be the bearer of bad news:

I'll get the mourning party ready and organise the wake. :(

Sad times for us and also for the poor guys who will succumb to the ebay scalpers.

We need to start thinking of cool kitbash and conversions :)

29 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I'll get the mourning party ready and organise the wake. :(

Sad times for us and also for the poor guys who will succumb to the ebay scalpers.

We need to start thinking of cool kitbash and conversions :)

That's too bad :/ 

It's not looking good for them expanding the range... if they were planning on it, I'd hope that the Chaos Siege Giant and Skullcracker would be maintained...

"We have no intentions to return this product to sale for the foreseeable future and apologize for the inconvenience."

2 hours ago, Black_Fortress_Immortal said:

That's too bad :/ 

It's not looking good for them expanding the range... if they were planning on it, I'd hope that the Chaos Siege Giant and Skullcracker would be maintained...

"We have no intentions to return this product to sale for the foreseeable future and apologize for the inconvenience."

On the other hand, I doubt they would say anything If they were preparing new stuff for LoA. But you are right, it is more likely bad news.

Always a shame to hear when models get discontinued D: Though I'd suspect the siege giant at least wouldn't be too hard to convert from a regular one. Though the skull cracker looks like quite a difficult conversion, might be able to kitbash it from some skaven kits though as they have the similar ramshackle themes.

9 hours ago, Trayanee said:

On the other hand, I doubt they would say anything If they were preparing new stuff for LoA. But you are right, it is more likely bad news.

Man I wish we could just get some new fluff or Battletome rules already. It feels like FW just doesn’t care 

1 hour ago, FERRUMITE said:

Man I wish we could just get some new fluff or Battletome rules already. It feels like FW just doesn’t care 

Mmm it would be nice to see fluff and allegiance abilities for forgeworld armies.

And also something allowing them to be taken as allies by other chaos armies. As chaos dwarves would be great for allies. It's weird how they can take allies but can't be anyone elses ally.

4 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

...As chaos dwarves would be great for allies. It's weird how they can take allies but can't be anyone elses ally.

not really,  its just the usual Forgeworld sloppiness I'm afraid.  They do enough lip service  to get by but they probably don't have the time or inclination to really re-read and have a good think about what they've just printed. 

I hope this is just to tide us over until we get some sort of campaigns featuring them... i hope.

(but then I've been saying that since they released the compendium for us)

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

not really,  its just the usual Forgeworld sloppiness I'm afraid.  They do enough lip service  to get by but they probably don't have the time or inclination to really re-read and have a good think about what they've just printed. 

I hope this is just to tide us over until we get some sort of campaigns featuring them... i hope.

(but then I've been saying that since they released the compendium for us)

We are all still hoping that Kaleb

Hey guys new to the forum but been with the legion before the switch into AOS. I probably lose more than I do win but I honestly don’t care. I don’t think I could see myself playing any other army other than the legion. I think one of the reasons I went with them was the fact you don’t hear much about them as far as the mainstream armies go, as far as being competitive I’ve always loved a challenge anyways. I hope that in the future we keep getting updates to our units and hopefully a couple new models every once in awhile. As long as we don’t get squatted. I dont think we will see a battletome but I can hope for some sort of a mini Armybook giving a page or 2 of fluff. I’d rather see some effort instead of no effort I mean something is better than nothing when we got shar’Tor.

44 minutes ago, Ecl9489 said:

Hey guys new to the forum but been with the legion before the switch into AOS. I probably lose more than I do win but I honestly don’t care. I don’t think I could see myself playing any other army other than the legion. I think one of the reasons I went with them was the fact you don’t hear much about them as far as the mainstream armies go, as far as being competitive I’ve always loved a challenge anyways. I hope that in the future we keep getting updates to our units and hopefully a couple new models every once in awhile. As long as we don’t get squatted. I dont think we will see a battletome but I can hope for some sort of a mini Armybook giving a page or 2 of fluff. I’d rather see some effort instead of no effort I mean something is better than nothing when we got shar’Tor.

Agreed.  I just like playing this army and their style much more than the others.  We can only hope for the best :/

Hey guys, a quick one on the above news although it is sad I've been into GW since the 90's and the first box I ever picked up was a set of plastic big hat Chaos Dwarfs.

Since then we got discontinued and we were gone for nearly 15 years, the fact that we were gone though meant this fantastic birth of creativity dedicated hobbyists on forums like Hand of Hashut and Chaos  Dwarfs Online, being a player of Chaos Dwarfs does mean playing outside the box and his current range has always been make the most of it while they are there as we may not have enough of a fantasy to warrant these amazing minis they are doing for long, we are a cult and we live on the outskirts of Warhammer and I think we always will... and I think that's OK, or maybe it's just what I'm used to

Anyway the reason I came was to ask a question, the Taur'ruk command ability is for any friendly Ba'hal unit to charge even if they ran in the last turn with 18". Does that include himself?

1 hour ago, TeddyMadeMeDoIt said:

Hey guys, a quick one on the above news although it is sad I've been into GW since the 90's and the first box I ever picked up was a set of plastic big hat Chaos Dwarfs.

Since then we got discontinued and we were gone for nearly 15 years, the fact that we were gone though meant this fantastic birth of creativity dedicated hobbyists on forums like Hand of Hashut and Chaos  Dwarfs Online, being a player of Chaos Dwarfs does mean playing outside the box and his current range has always been make the most of it while they are there as we may not have enough of a fantasy to warrant these amazing minis they are doing for long, we are a cult and we live on the outskirts of Warhammer and I think we always will... and I think that's OK, or maybe it's just what I'm used to

Anyway the reason I came was to ask a question, the Taur'ruk command ability is for any friendly Ba'hal unit to charge even if they ran in the last turn with 18". Does that include himself?

Yes, both himself and shar'tor would count.

Thanks again :D

Got a couple of lists I've been interested in for fun (apologies for the long post but couldn't see the option for hidden content) all bases around the same core with a couple of differences... 

-Dreadquake Load out-

Leaders 

Draz

Taur'ruk (G)

Demonsmith 

Demonsmith 

Units 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

3 Bull Centaurs 

Warmachines 

Iron Demon 

Iron Demon 

Dreadquake Mortar 

Deathshriker Rocket 

Battalion 

Hashut Artillery Train 

2000pts

-Skullcraker Load out-

Leaders 

Draz

Taur'ruk (G)

Demonsmith 

Demonsmith 

Units 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

3 Bull Centaurs 

3 Bull Centaurs 

Warmachines 

Iron Demon 

Magma Cannon 

Magma Cannon 

2000pts

-Magma Cannon load out-

Leaders 

Draz

Taur'ruk (G)

Demonsmith 

Demonsmith 

Units 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

10 fireglaves 

3 Bull Centaurs 

Warmachines 

Iron Demon 

Iron Demon 

Magma Cannon 

Magma Cannon 

Battalion 

Hashut Artillery Train 

2000pts

Idea being I'll mix them up as I need to for different armies or just if a fancy a change, my favourite is probably the Skullcraker list but unfortunately it'll be the last one I get to as it as 6 of those Bull Centaurs and the only models I'm happy with are the FW ones. I have nearly everything else in the list apart from those however I've now told the Mrs that I will only buy stuff from the money I make selling stuff so I'll have to wait a bit for those 

9 hours ago, Entombet said:

Well discontinuing skullcracker it not strange to me, i think this wait rest of our minis when forms will worn out.

The Magma Cannon, Dreadquake Mortar, and bull centaurs I got around Christmas all seemed to be pretty new molds, nice and crisp casts. So there's still hope! As others have speculated, with Shar'tor being released as a named character the LoA might morph into more of a bull centaur army, who knows?

17 hours ago, The Door Master said:

Hello everybody, sorry as I am rather new to the Legion thread, but I have an interest in starting a Legion of Azgorh army. Dose anyone have any good advice on how to start? 

Tau'ruk, 30 ironsworn, 2x10 fireglaves, demonsmith, 2/3 magmas, iron daemon, skullcracker, 3 bull centaurs would be good start.

Archived