Slaanesh wishlist

JonnyTheKing

I'd really like a redone Keeper of Secrets and a new fiend model. As for new stuff, though, some new mortals that aren't just sexed up; it'd be great for them to look at the other sins that Slaanesh represents (especially pride/the lust for perfection). 

Tbh, I'd love an entire army of Sigvald the Magnificents. 

On 4/9/2018 at 10:40 PM, Enoby said:

Tbh, I'd love an entire army of Sigvald the Magnificents. 

That does sound cool modelwise! Oozing arrogance and abilities that force your opponent to act (kind of like the Khorne taunting guy), and minuses 2 hit (nobody really wants to mar perfection ;) ). 

The army in the realmgate wars book (one of the last) sadly mentions crustations, claws and such a lot in their description of the Slaanesh force invading Neferata's realm. Which wound't be my favourite element to take and AoS'ify. 

I personally love the GHB17 take on the army. Especially the rules surrounding the infighting (Invaders, with three generals but needing the distance between them or else they start shouting at each other), the frantic searching for their god (Seekers, extra movement/the thrill of speed), only the pretender felt a bit flat to me. (useful but not as thematic as the other also useful ones). Same goes for the traits (extra pile in distance or +1 to hit if enough adorating minions are near the hero, etc.) and artefacts. 

But looking at the recent 4 tomes (including deepkin) 3 of them have rules that shift during battlerounds so i'm kind of expecting more of that. Nurgle with the cycle, Daughters with their fervent devotion and now Deepkin with the tides.

But maybe the other way around, the first rounds they all look pristine, feel confident and kick a**, the further along the battle goes the dirtier they get and therefore weaker, until turn 4 or 5 in which they totally loose self control because the surviving warriors look dirty, dishevelled and nothing like their fake perfection and they go bananas. Which also would give a nice tactical challenge, attack and the disengage? Only to re-engage the most favourable targets in the final turns? 

Or maybe terrain pieces like the shipwreck and Gnarlmaw would be cool. Statues of general or something. 

Personally I love my own greek style warriors for Slaanesh, shameless bragging incoming ;), so anything like that, I would love. Tall, arrogant and aloof (minimal mutations)

P1033256-2.jpg.1e5b8731c97f1523b1dd4b80e115d5ce.jpg

50 minutes ago, Kramer said:

That does sound cool modelwise! Oozing arrogance and abilities that force your opponent to act (kind of like the Khorne taunting guy), and minuses 2 hit (nobody really wants to mar perfection ;) ). 

The army in the realmgate wars book (one of the last) sadly mentions crustations, claws and such a lot in their description of the Slaanesh force invading Neferata's realm. Which wound't be my favourite element to take and AoS'ify. 

I personally love the GHB17 take on the army. Especially the rules surrounding the infighting (Invaders, with three generals but needing the distance between them or else they start shouting at each other), the frantic searching for their god (Seekers, extra movement/the thrill of speed), only the pretender felt a bit flat to me. (useful but not as thematic as the other also useful ones). Same goes for the traits (extra pile in distance or +1 to hit if enough adorating minions are near the hero, etc.) and artefacts. 

But looking at the recent 4 tomes (including deepkin) 3 of them have rules that shift during battlerounds so i'm kind of expecting more of that. Nurgle with the cycle, Daughters with their fervent devotion and now Deepkin with the tides.

But maybe the other way around, the first rounds they all look pristine, feel confident and kick a**, the further along the battle goes the dirtier they get and therefore weaker, until turn 4 or 5 in which they totally loose self control because the surviving warriors look dirty, dishevelled and nothing like their fake perfection and they go bananas. Which also would give a nice tactical challenge, attack and the disengage? Only to re-engage the most favourable targets in the final turns? 

Or maybe terrain pieces like the shipwreck and Gnarlmaw would be cool. Statues of general or something. 

Personally I love my own greek style warriors for Slaanesh, shameless bragging incoming ;), so anything like that, I would love. Tall, arrogant and aloof (minimal mutations)

P1033256-2.jpg.1e5b8731c97f1523b1dd4b80e115d5ce.jpg

Those models look great! Love to see something like that - seemingly perfect and beautiful, but still somehow off. 

That's a really cool idea for their allegiance abilities. As you said, battlerounds seem to be a big focus at the moment and your idea fits really well for them. It'd be very interesting tactically, too - really fitting of hit and run skirmish tactics. Alpha strike in, blend up the enemy, run off to objectives, have a tankier unit take the brunt for the middle rounds, and then get back to blending their weakened troops. Just hope you survive long enough to be revitalised! 

All I can hope is that they make something awesome whenever Slaanesh's time comes. 

For me its pretty simple:

1. A return to the Juan Diaz era art style, making it PG is fine, I don't care about the bare boobies. I just want to see a return of Slaanesh as dark, seductive, graceful, sleek, etc rather than its current "angry trannies" art style. 

2. Variance. This one is huge. Slaanesh is the only Chaos faction that is utterly 1 dimensional. Virtually every model does the same thing in a slightly different way. (fast moving but fragile unit with lots of low quality attacks that have rend). I think introducing "other" forms of pleasure into the Slaanesh mantra other than just sex would offer thematic opportunities for this. Slaanesh is the god of excess and pleasure after all, not the god of sex.

3. Cult of Slaanesh Aelves as the mortal aspect. So far every new chaos faction has come with a mortal side other than just slaves to darkness. In my opinion the best way to do this for Slaanesh would be to bring in a more classic Druchii art style Cult of Slaanesh. This would also bring a lot of opportunity to address #2. 

4. A New Keeper along with a named version. (Though I'd say this is a given)

5. To actually be good (but not OP). Slaanesh has always felt like an afterthought and as result usually sits near the bottom in terms of power level. Even looking at the GH2017. Compare the Slaanesh magic items to other factions, they are garbage. I want to be able to put my Slaanesh army on the table and not feel like I'm severely outmatched.

just make Slaanesh like he was in the original Slaves to Darkness realm on chaos book.  they were a force to be feared.

Slaanesh isn't as you say all about the physical, it's also the artist who trades his soul for the great masterpiece but never being happy with his work, or the weaponsmaster who wants to be the fastest or most extremely skilled.

the double edge is that their addiction and dedication always seems to need them wanting and so they sink a little deeper.

A new keeper will definitely arrive, all the artwork in 40k and Aos is all pointing that way but like everyone else, I'd like to see what they do with the regular grunts.

If anything maybe a rethinking of things like fiends, since some of the daemon lines have been very wierd to get your head around.  A heavy seeker-esque cavalry option would be interesting,  

The greek thing would definitely work as would something like the wrack aesthetic perhaps, and multiple limbs could so be a slaanesh thing.

One thing's for sure, with all the detail and decadence they'd be a (pleasurable) nightmare to paint :) 

While Slaanesh is not top tier, the artefacts aren't awful. They aren't all insta-picks but the 2 best are Icon of Infinite Excess and Breath Taker. Breathtaker on my keeper of secrets has just dominated elite infantry and heroes that I just need the extra attacks to fully murder, because who doesn't love a slaanesh green dragon. There was the guy in the main slaanesh thread  who used a daemon prince with the icon to pop it during a turn when the daemonette tide would hit for 3+/4+ with extra attacks on 4's, but staying far enough away to not empower the enemy. 

We have a powerful support unit in the form of hellstriders and the number of players I have frustrated with rerolling six's and stacking -1 to hit. We have a strong foundation that needs some help in the form of battalions, a slaanesh lore, and some new units. Our daemons are really good, especially because of them still being on 25's to allow for 2 ranks deep to strike, also allowing the keeper to hit behind rank 1 of daemonettes but outside of the 2" attack range of most enemies, just to swoop right in and swing over and murder.

Though speaking of the keeper of secrets, it is in desparate need of a new model, other choice of weaponry, and an upgrade in stats. 10 wounds for a greater daemon is pretty pathetic,  though the movement is certainly nice and the keeper is great at murdering hordes and surviving with traits. 

Archived