Blood Knights - No Models nor substitutes?

Sharievan

Hey everyone,

i'm not quite sure in which sub-forum to put this so i guess i just put it here. I've recently decided that my heavily converted Chaos Space Marine Warband is 'finished'.. yeah, finishing Armies sound stupid, i know - and since quite a bunch of people in my FLGS switched from 40K to Age of Sigmar, i decided to jump into a complete new frontier as well. So, i've decided - after reading through the General's Handbook '17 - to go for a 'Soulblight' Army.  Now, i looked up what substitute's i could use to build some Blood Knights from - what base model i could use & most people said / wrote to use Dragon Blades / Dragon Princes and just swap heads. As soon as i decided 'Yeah, i'm gonna go for it' those Models were unavailable in the Webshop, and the original Finecast Kit isn't just unavailable - its finecast. FINECAST.. *shudder*

So my Question is actually quite simple; what models - other than Chaos Knights - could i use? Horses seem to be on the brink of extinction in Age of Sigmar. I was thinking about Chaos Knights with Ghoul heads (or Darkling Coven heads) or maybe slightly modified Black Knights. I've spent quite some time now researching how to convert already & most importantly still existing Knight Kits into Blood Knights and most, if not all conversions were based on the Dragon Blades kit. Do you guys have other Ideas ? Do Chaos Knights - if the Chaos heraldik is removed - could be substituted for Bloodknights, are converted Black Knights ok or maybe to small / undead-ish?

The black riders from the dark elf lime seem like fine substitutes. The blood knights in Josh Reynolds new book eigth lemantations describes blood knights like the black riders. Head swaps and color scheme will go a long way aswell

4 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/vampires/334-caja-de-caballeria-lugubre.html

Not the cheapest but definitely one of the more impressive substitutes in my opinion :)  

Yep those are great minis. I used them as mounted heroes for my old fantasy VCs. I don't care for the weird one with a jester looking hat and horse holding a sword in its mouth. Always felt that was a very odd choice for the 5th member and he seems very out of place.

To TC, I would just look on Ebay for the dragon princes. Should be fairly easy to find.

6 hours ago, Cambot1231 said:

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/vampires/334-caja-de-caballeria-lugubre.html

Not the cheapest but definitely one of the more impressive substitutes in my opinion :)  

They are 'meh', and the fact they're - and i quote "Made of Glorious Metal" makes them a no-go for me. I tend to stick with GW, so i'm probably gonna convert something or wait a couple of months till GW decides to re-release some models. And since there are no Dragon Blades on Ebay on Germany, i probably have to wait.

I've been looking at both Dragon Blades and Chaos Knights. I'm leaning towards the Dragon Blades option because I don't have any head swaps and the Chaos Knights are pretty obviously Chaos, while the "dragon wing webbing" decoration on the Dragon Blades can easily be viewed and vampiric bat wings instead. Also I'm using left over Black Knight pieces from all my Hexwraiths, and I think they'll fit the Dragon Blades better.

4 hours ago, bsharitt said:

I've been looking at both Dragon Blades and Chaos Knights. I'm leaning towards the Dragon Blades option because I don't have any head swaps and the Chaos Knights are pretty obviously Chaos, while the "dragon wing webbing" decoration on the Dragon Blades can easily be viewed and vampiric bat wings instead. Also I'm using left over Black Knight pieces from all my Hexwraiths, and I think they'll fit the Dragon Blades better.

That and the Blood Knights come from the Blood Dragon bloodline. Dragons fit heavily in their backstory (what with the whole Abhorash story), and a draconic motif fits with them perfectly.

6 hours ago, Kyriakin said:

Has anyone tried Morgul Knights? How noticeable was the scale difference?

It's really noticeable, not only is the scale of the models smaller but the model stances are far more conservative than AoS cavalry. They come on 40mm round bases compared to AoS 60*35mm cav bases.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SoEinBasti said:

Have to reopen this topic.

Looking for substitutes as well. Maybe somebody has some new alternatives?

If you're willing to search for OOP models, High Elf Silver Helms and Empire Knights can make great conversions and haven't been mentioned above.

Archived