Let's Chat: Seraphon 2017

tolstedt

2 hours ago, Ratrek said:

Don't suppose you could expound on what a 2k Thunderquake list might look like?

I haven't eyeballed AoS in some time and I'm feeling the Dinosaur itch.

Its a thunderquake batallion, acompanied by a slann usually and than fill up to 2000points with things you like: so normally:

An engine of the gods

2 bastiladons

1 unit of razorsons/salamanders

Than you add

A slann 

An asteolith bearer 

And the battleline unist ( normally skinks) 

Than you add whatever you prefer.

Another stron list is thinderkroak, basically the thunderquake with a kroknado ( kroak+balewind)

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Special Question  ;).

When you build a Dread Saurian, he has no base. Is that legal?

I mean, how do you know then if Units are in 1" range of him?

SO do you have to buy a Base ( i think 170x105?) or can it stay like this?

have you checked the 160mm round base?

i have checked the rules and there is no clear rule that he has to be on a base.

if you dont put him on base, how is the pile in work? are you take the distances from his claws then? :)

This graphic, along with the information in the Summoning article, indicates to me that we might have very robust summoning mechanics. I was originally worried that it would be limited to a ritual requiring both a Slann Starmaster (but not Lord Kroak for some reason) and a Saurus Astrolith Beater, but the language here opens it up. Lord Kroak is a Slann, and this adds in Engine of the Gods.

Hopefully @Xanax Lot 's source is reliable and we'll know even more tomorrow!

summoningteaase.jpg

2 hours ago, Christopher Rowe said:

This graphic, along with the information in the Summoning article, indicates to me that we might have very robust summoning mechanics. I was originally worried that it would be limited to a ritual requiring both a Slann Starmaster (but not Lord Kroak for some reason) and a Saurus Astrolith Beater, but the language here opens it up. Lord Kroak is a Slann, and this adds in Engine of the Gods.

Hopefully @Xanax Lot 's source is reliable and we'll know even more tomorrow!

summoningteaase.jpg

Hopefully! I just saw thr post on redsit so I can't promise anything.

This leeks so far make seraphon even more competitive 

I like the summoning system. Requires a specific army setup and sacrificing spellcasting, and can be countered. On the positive side, it's extremely reliable as long as the Heroes are alive. 

Comparing to the Nurgle table, they get garbage units for 7, small heroes/meh units for 14, better units for 21, and GUO for 28. If Seraphon go similar, it'll probably be 6 points for trash, 12 for something like Skinks/Warriors/Cavalry, 18 for bigger units of those + artillery, 24 for Monsters? Or something similar, I would wager. Either way, it will make playing with and against the Lizards much more interesting.

1 minute ago, Christopher Rowe said:

I think it's interesting that that graphic posted upthread mentions Engines of the Gods, but the article does not. I wonder if generating conjuration points will be one of the results on the EotG's table on an updated warscroll.

As to the system in general, it looks pretty cool!

I think the meaning is that when you roll a 14-17 for your Engine roll, that unit that is summoned does not require points. The Celestial Conjuration system is different.

1 minute ago, Xanax Lot said:

Not at all, a free unit a turn sounds great

Yes, I hadn't thought through the points generation fully when I posted that. With Lord Kroak as your general, foregoing all four spells for 12 points, generating an extra for being a Slann, and getting 1-3 from an Astrolith Bearer one could decide to not be a magic army but a grinding army and get 14-16 points per hero phase!

Archived