This is 'How I Brayherd' Bro!

HobbyHammer

HobbyHammer%2BMP%2BBattle%2BReport-%2BBrayherd%2BVs%2BIronjawz%2BFront%2BCover.jpg

Game 2!

So tonight I managed to finally play my first game with the Brayherd, I have 1000points painted and challenged Matt Ransley to a 1k Matched Play game. This is the army I shall be playing for the foreseeable future, Beastmen were my first love in Warhammer and after selling my original army back when AoS dropped (personal life financial stuff), I have wanted to redo them in Age of Sigmar. Matt has been playing a year or so no, although hasn't played many games, his Ironjaw army is amazing and received a painting nomination at Realm Hoppers at the beginning of the year.

The Lists:

Brayherd.

IMG_3085.JPG

Mojgorox (Beastlord with Twin Axes) - Great Destroyer

Great Bray Shaman - Crown of Conquest

20 Bestigor

20 Gor with Shields

30 Ungor with Mauls

10 Ungor Raiders

10 Ungor Raiders

Total - 960 points

Ironjawz.

IMG_3086.JPG

Megaboss on foot - Battlebrew

Warchanter

5 Brutes - General in the unit

5 Brutes

5 Brutes

5 Brutes

Ironfist Formation

Total - 1000 points

Deployment:

IMG_3087.JPG

We rolled up for Border Wars in the Generals Handbook. I had set the Brayherd on the line, knowing that Matt would make me go first, I had my objective protected and had units ready to run out for the middle ones too. Matt had split his forces on each flank with his General in his Brutes plus his Warchanter on the left and his Megaboss and other brutes on the right. 

Turn 1:

My Turn 1: I ran my whole army up to the middle of the board claiming the middle objectives and potentially being able to get a first turn charge off from the Bestigor on the left flank. The beauty of the Brayherd is in their movement. They can move 6" + run (+1" from banner) + 3" to move as within 8" of GBS and the Brayhorns allow them to charge too. I did make one mistake here but moving off my own objective meaning i only scored 4 points this round. The Bestigor failed their charge and the Raiders took 1 Wound off the Megaboss on the right.

IMG_3088.JPG

Matts Turn 1: After his initial Hero phase movement and buffing, mainly +1 to hits, his Brutes on the left smashed into the Bestigor, clipping the Raiders too and the Megaboss wanting to avoid the big block of Ungor and Gor, charged into the raiders on the right. The final unit of Brutes moved across to claim his middle objective. Brutes are well... brutal, they killed 7 of my Bestigor and took no casualties in return. The Raiders took a wound on the right off the Megaboss but were then hacked down fully. I had inspiring presence on the Bestigor so no more ran from their.

IMG_3089.JPG

IMG_3090.JPG

IMG_3091.JPG

End of turn 1

Turn 2:

My Turn 2: I won Priority and again gave inspiring presence, this time out to the Ungor and Gor, also casting Mystic Shield on the Gor too. I moved up and split them to send the Ungor into the Megaboss and Brutes on the right and the Gor into the 5 Brutes holding the enemy objective. Mojgorox followed the Gor. The Bestigor were still stuck in combat with 10 Brutes over on the left. The GBS moved back to claim my own objective, something I should have done from the beginning. All charges went off and the Ungor piled into the Megaboss, the Gor into the Brutes too and Mojgorox also into the middle Brutes. I elected to go first with my Gors who rolled up for Anarchy and Mayhem gaining an extra attack and +1 to wound. They also gained the Great Destroyer, so +1 to hit. The problem being, I couldn't get more than 12 in though due to the size of the bases for the Gor. I killed 2 Brutes though which was pretty good. The fight was returned on my Ungors and 12! went down. I went next with my Bestigor and took down another 2 Brutes before Matt went up against Mojgorox taking 2 wounds off him, the Gor were left untouched. 

IMG_3093.JPG

IMG_3094.JPG

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

Matts turn 2: With the Bestigor now cleared out, the Brutes started moving towards the GBS in the middle. The Megaboss continued clearing through the Ungor and the Brutes in the middle went down to the Gor and Mojgorox, crucially the Ungor still had bodies remaining pinning the Megaboss and Brutes for another turn. 

IMG_3099.JPG

IMG_3100.JPG

Turn 3:

Matts turn 3: Matt won priority and got a double turn, he moved across and murdered my GBS, claiming my objective to start raking up the 4 points from this one, the Megaboss and brutes finished off the last of the Ungors

IMG_3102.JPG

My Turn 3: I had a decision to make, either go hold up the Megaboss and 1 unit of brutes on the right or come down and charge the 2 units of brutes and Warchanter. I decided to go right and attack the brutes. My Gor did not fair well against them... although I did take one down. 

IMG_3103.JPG

IMG_3104.JPG

IMG_3105.JPG

Turn 4:

My Turn 4: The Gor continued chopping up the Brutes and being chopped in return. Nothing else really happened..
Matts turn 4: He moved up his army to reclaim his own objective and also killed the Gor down to 3 remaining once his Megaboss got into the fight.

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3107.JPG

Turn 5:

My Turn 5: I retreated my Gor to attempt to protect the objective and charged in Mojgorox to hold the brutes up once again, I killed one more brute leaving him with one remaining in that unit. 

IMG_3108.JPG

Matts turn 5: The megaboss charged Mojgorox and the brutes came across from the middle to charge the Gor, this was the end for me, all units were killed and I was tabled..

The score was 25-25, I was up all game from early point grabs but on the last turn having killed all my units, matt had claimed all 4 objectives and got the 9 points needed to tie the objective points, because of kill points, Matt won a Minor Victory.. 

This goes back to my mistake in Turn 1 of moving off my own objective and missing out on that 1 point.. This would have won me the game with a Major Victory.

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

After game thoughts:

I learned so much in this game, it was my first with the Brayherd. I was I believe a little too eager to get at him in turn 1 and left myself open a little too much, the big block of Ungor and Gor in the middle is definitely a good idea as it is an avoidance part of the army for the enemy and also gives good board control. Gore definitely need the Beastlord around them to give them the buffs. The army does lack good shooting but does make up for it in speed. The real issue is lack of damage. Most if not all of the Brayherd only deal 1 damage. At 1k, fitting monsters in from other Chaos factions is probably overkill, but at 1.5k or 2k, I believe a monster, or at least option for a monster is needed. It was a great fun game though and a great one to learn, Ironjawz are tough as nails and hit hard too, it was never going to be easy but with a few key decisions I could have easily taken the Major but...

Result: Minor Loss

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great report - details where needed, and omitted when not.

It's a shame that you were defeated by a silly mistake in Turn 1. For your first game, though, well down. Brayherd are especially good at border war because of how quickly they can move across the board, take objectives and deny them. It's a shame your Bestigors lost that first charge - you could have set it up so that you could have had his objective on the second turn, if a retreat worked in your favour.

Keep at it, and do another one of these! Nice pictures.

38 minutes ago, Furious said:

Great report - details where needed, and omitted when not.

It's a shame that you were defeated by a silly mistake in Turn 1. For your first game, though, well down. Brayherd are especially good at border war because of how quickly they can move across the board, take objectives and deny them. It's a shame your Bestigors lost that first charge - you could have set it up so that you could have had his objective on the second turn, if a retreat worked in your favour.

Keep at it, and do another one of these! Nice pictures.

Cheers buddy! Will try and get all my battles reported here in some way or another. 

This is a thing of pure beauty! Do you have a picture of him next to your brayherd?

If you come up with points for the warscroll do share, i think he would also need at least a -1 rend in his melee attack, being an imposing monstrosity of chaos at the size of a Daemon prince!

Game 3! Against Flesh Eater Courts. 

HobbyHammer%2BMP%2BBattle%2BReport-%2BBrayherd%2BVs%2BFEC%2BFront%2BCover.jpg

So this week I got to play Adam with his new Flesh Eater Courts, ok they are unpainted but he is learning the army as he paints, similar to me with the Brayherd. This time the game was at 1500 points, still Matched Play as it is probably the best way to learn what an army can do. The battleplan we rolled for was Escalation which is a pitched battle with the diagonal zones.

My army is:

IMG_3212.JPG

Furious Brayherd Formation.

Mojgorox (Beastlord) - General with Great Destroyer and Crown of Conquest

Great Bray Shaman with Crown of Conquest

20 Gor with Double Weapon

10 Gor with Beastshield

10 Gor with Double Weapons

20 Bestigor

30 Ungor with Mauls

Then not in the formation is

1 Great Bray Shaman

20 Ungor Raiders

220 Reinforcement points (Basically for a Ghorgon)

My idea is to send the big blocks of Beastmen up with Heroes just behind to give them the buffs they need, have the Ungor Raiders flank round, the 2 smaller units to stay back and protect the Great Bray at the back who will be trying to summon the Ghorgon. Once the Ghorgon is on the board, his job will be to disrupt lines.

Adams army is:

Crypt Infernal Courtier - General with Cursed Book

Crypt Ghast Courtier

Crypt Ghast Courtier

Abhorrant Ghoul King - Cursed Book

3 Crypt Flayers

3 Crypt Flayers

3 Crypt Flayers

30 x Ghouls

3 Crypt Horrors

Deployment:

IMG_3213.JPG

This is my deployment, Adams final drop was his Deadwatch Battalion, 3 units of Crypt Flayers and an Infernal which came down to the left behind the wall. This wall would prove pivotal in my decision making and mindset for this game. As I finished deploying first, I decided who would go first and let Adam take the first turn, knowing I could not score turn 1 anyway. But in deployment the Ungor Raiders made a move towards the left flank basically to bait his flayers.

Turn 1: Adam!

IMG_3214.JPG

Adam in turn 1 moved his flayers forward, his ghouls moved onto the central objective and horrors protected the right flank, no charges were made, just the flayers shooting my Raiders, its a bravery shooting ability and took a fair few of them out.

Turn 1: Sean!

IMG_3216.JPG

IMG_3217.JPG

In my turn I moved the Bestigor up to charge the Flayers, summoned the Ghorgon which charged the rear of the of the same unit. The Gor and Ungor moved round the right flank.. this is my first mistake, the wall in the centre played with my mind, in hindsight I should have attacked the Ghouls from this way as I had the numbers to take that objective eventually. The Ghorgon took down 2 of the flayers at the rear and the Bestigor lost a few but took another down.

Turn 2: Adam!

IMG_3218.JPG

Here lies my second mistake and to be honest, it was more not knowing my opponents scrolls that made me make it. I won priority but handed the turn to Adam thinking I had control. The Infernal though allows the flayers to come back to life, something I probably should have been aware of. If I would have taken this turn for the double I probably could have killed both units if not 1. In Adams Hero phase he reanimated all the Flayers so both units were back to full strength, then he attacked in the Hero phase (Deadwatch battalion ability), by the end of his turn, the Bestigor had been destroyed and the Ghorgon was bought down a few wounds too. He scored for the middle objective only, so 1 point.

Turn 2: Sean!

IMG_3219.JPG

IMG_3220.JPG

I moved the Gor round with Mojgorox and got both charges off on the Ghouls and Crypt Horrors, The Gor were frenzied and killed 2 Horrors with the help of Mojgorox, there were still two Raiders left on the left flank who secured one objective, a unit of 10 Gor moved up to secure the right flank objective. I scored 2 points.

Turn 3: Sean!

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3222.JPG

IMG_3223.JPG

I won priority again and took it this time. I moved the Ungor round and charged the Ghouls and Ghoul King, The ghorgon was still tied up and I just couldn't get through the Ghouls, no matter what I did, I couldn't kill the Heroes bringing them back, Adam had protected them really well by the is point. I did score another 2 points though.

Turn 3: Adam!

IMG_3224.JPG

IMG_3225.JPG

Once again, in the Hero phase, he bought back all the flayers and Ghouls that had been killed, swamping me once again, he took out the Great Bray Shaman and the 2 Ungors guading the objective. It was a game of attrition now, but the key is my Brayherd couldn't come back to life. Adam scored 2 points.

Turn 4: Adam! 

IMG_3226.JPG

IMG_3227.JPG

Adam killed the Ghorgon and took out the remaining Gor, leaving a few Ungor and Mojgorox left, I knew the game was over at this point, so i just wanted to see how long I could last out. Nothing of note happened in my turn and the score at the end of this round made it so I couldn't achieve a victory.

Afterthoughts:

The battle report on reflection made it sound extremely one sided and although looking back it did look like that, during the game it didn't. I felt I had a chance for most of it. If I play FEC again, I know this time to take out the Heroes first, no matter what. Adam did protect them really well though. One key factor, not in my control was the poor dice rolls for the Gor, with the formation and Anarchy and Mayhem, they were dealing 3 attacks each but with 30 odd attacks in each of the 3 rounds they were in combat, I averaged 6 hits each time, and with the Deathless Minion save, only 3 or 4 were getting through. The Ghouls at one point were attacking with 6 attacks each! 2 base+1 for a spell from the Ghoul King, +1 for over 20 models, +1 for each of the Ghoul Courtiers as they both killed a model before hand. It was a great game, brayherd are tough to play with, but i really feel I can make them better. Back to the drawing board!

Now everyone go follow Adam James on twitter or @warhammernerd here and tell him to paint his miniatures!

Result: Major Loss

Nice. Well played - probably would have taken it if it weren't for so many flayers coming back from the dead.

It's a shame when Bestigors get wiped so quickly. For me that's usually a sign of a lost game. They're a really good unit. With the Furious Brayherd, I like having the Shaman follow them around, giving them the +1 attacks, Insp. Pres. from Crown of Command and mystic shielding them. May seem like a lot for a 20 wound unit, but they're my foremost melee unit and they rip through things surprisingly well, and usually in the first round.

3 minutes ago, Furious said:

Nice. Well played - probably would have taken it if it weren't for so many flayers coming back from the dead.

It's a shame when Bestigors get wiped so quickly. For me that's usually a sign of a lost game. They're a really good unit. With the Furious Brayherd, I like having the Shaman follow them around, giving them the +1 attacks, Insp. Pres. from Crown of Command and mystic shielding them. May seem like a lot for a 20 wound unit, but they're my foremost melee unit and they rip through things surprisingly well, and usually in the first round.

Agree, Bestigors at the moment don't seem to do as much as my Gor, but then again, they were mortal wounded mostly in this game by a lot of flayers!

HobbyHammer%2BP2G%2B-%2BBrayherd%2BVs%2BSlaves%2BFront%2BCover.jpg

@ferguson834 and myself tested the waters with the new Path to Glory campaign this week, we started from the top and started working through the battle plans. Gotta say, it has probably been the most fun in a while I have had with playing Age of Sigmar! The campaign begun with us picking our warbands, this was the only part where we picked, everything else along the way we rolled for which made for some great moments later on.

Mojgorox had brought to war his trusted Gor herd, most devote to him and a horde of Ungor including some Raiders, those "trained" to use bows! For himself he was of course the Lord of War which meant he could bellow orders to others or himself to hit harder. He also had come to possess a Runeblade to allow him to attack faster and a Bane Weapon which doubled the amount of damage inflicted. All of the these weapons had been fused into his claws as the rest of his armoury was.

(Mojgorox new profile was 7 Attacks, 3+ to hit re-rolling 1's, 3+ to wound re-rolling against Heroes, -1 Rend, 2 Damage)

Facing the Herd was a Slaanesh Slaves to Darkenss Warband led by a Chaos Lord on Manticore, in his warband he has a Chariot and 5 Warriors. Not a lot but hopefully enough to keep the Beastmen from invading their encampment. We managed to get through 3 battle plans in one evening and below is the journey for Mojgorox as he Rises on the Path to Glory.

IMG_3264.JPG

The Altars of the Gods - Battle 1

4 Altars in the four corners of the lands there were, each a dedication to a different aspect of Chaos, much like the mind of Mojgorox, split. The castle was held by a Slaanesh warband, recovering from previous battles, the herd approached from the south.

Deployment:

IMG_3265.JPG

Turn1: Paul -

Paul finished deploying first and took the first turn, he moved his Lord across to the Altar of Rage with some Warriors close by whilst his chariot moved round the right flank.

Turn 1: Sean -

I begun moving my Ungors to the Altar of Change and Mojgorox led his Gors over to the Altar of Doom, the Ungor Raiders moved into the Castle ready to shoot the enemy from there.

IMG_3266.JPG

Turn 2: Sean -

I got the double over on the Slaves, Mojgorox attempted to gain a reward from the Doom Altar but the gods were not yet listening, instead he shouted Lord of War to his Gors who charged into the Chariot, the Ungors protected the Altar of Change whilst the Raiders hit and wounded the Manticore slightly. In the Combat phase, with Lord of War and also Anarchy and Mayhem, the Gors went into a frenzy and destroyed the chariot in one turn!

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

IMG_3271.JPG

Turn 2: Paul -

Paul moved his Lord towards the Ungor and got the charge off to, the Warriors decided to invade the castle and attack the Raiders. In one fell swoop the Ungor protecting the Altar were hacked down, the nearly all the rest run off, devastating the Brayherd lines!

IMG_3269.JPG

IMG_3273.JPG

Turn 3: Sean -

Mojgorox hearing the screams of the Ungor started running over to them, he ordered the Gor to go find the Warriors in the castle who were being held up by the Raiders. The remaining Ungor took another wound off the Manticore before being destroyed.

IMG_3274.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

Turn 3: Paul -

Paul regrouped and seeing Mojgorox coming round the corner of the castle moved his Lord to face him, the warriors finally seeing off the Raiders, moved back out of the castle and charged into the Gor.

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

Turn 4: Paul -

With a double turn gained, the Warriors took down a few Gor and in return the Gor with all there attacks failed to hit a single time! The gods mocking them as they done so... The Lord failed to charge Mojgorox, perhaps frozen by the shear sight of him.

IMG_3281.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

Turn 4: Sean -

The Gor still ground out with the warriors but Mojgorox with Lord of War on himself ran into the Manticore, 7 attacks and damage 2 is no joke, he clawed and bite down on the Lord and in one go the Lord was brought down leaving only the warriors left. Mojgorox ran to the Gors aid leaving a badly injured Chaos Lord and his Manticore silently laying on the ground.

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

Turn 5 -

Before Mojgorox could get there, the Gor had already killed the last of the Warriors leaving them standing victorious on the battlefield!

IMG_3287.JPG

Result: Major Victory!

2 Glory points were gained and on the roll on the tables, the dice gods decided another unit was to be added to the warband, this unit after rolling was a second Beastlord, so meet Krax, the lieutenant of Mojgorox! Paul also rolled for more followers and a using his Glory point he gained he added in 5 Chaos Knights.

The Sacrifice - Battle 2

Seeing as I added another Hero into the army, it was only fitting that the story progressed to a rescue mission to free Krax from the Castle. The second battleplan was always going to be tough, each Hero phase on a 2+, D3 mortal wounds could be dealt to Krax as the ritual went on. Luckily I got first turn, Paul set up to defend the castle, not knowing where the Beastmen would ambush from.

IMG_3288.JPG

Deployment:

IMG_3289.JPG

I had to get inside the castle quick, I ambushed from the corner I wanted to and the Gors and Mojgorox charged the Chariot protecting the gates. The Ungor Raiders climbed the walls leaving their combat brothers at the bottom waiting for their chance. With Mojgorox in battle with the chariot, it was destroyed in one go, he ripped it to pieces, angered by the imprisonment of Krax.

Turn 1: Paul -

Paul moved his Lord to the top of the castle keep and his horses charged the Raiders, The Manticore dropped down onto Mojgorox and with the attacks it made sent the Beastlord hurling back towards the direction it came from. The Gors angered by the sight piled in on the Lord reducing it down to hardly a wound left. The Raiders were soon dispatched too. The Ritual saw 2 Mortal wounds inflicted on Krax.

IMG_3290.JPG

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

IMG_3293.JPG

IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

Paul double turned, the ritual was enacted again and another 2 wounds were taken from Krax, leaving him with 1 left. The Lord destroyed some Gor and the defences in the castle were repositioned.

Turn 2: Sean - The Gor with Anarchy and Mayhem and still goaded with Lord of War from previous rounds tore what remained of the Lord to shreds, the vengeance on him was complete. The Ungor entered the castle after climbing the walls and charged the Knights, taking one down to a single wound remaining.

IMG_3296.JPG

IMG_3297.JPG

IMG_3298.JPG

Turn 3: Paul -

The warriors charged through the gate and into the Gor holding them up once more, the ritual this time could not be complete with a roll of a 1 for Paul meaning Krax would survive a little longer. The Knights continued to bring the Ungor down.

Turn 3: Sean - The Gor killed the warriors easily whilst the Ungor all but died to the Knights, those who didn't ran cowardly back over the walls.

IMG_3299.JPG

IMG_3300.JPG

IMG_3301.JPG

IMG_3302.JPG

Turn 4: Sean -

Having killed the Warriors the Gor charged the Knights, a few more were brought down but it was not enough, the 2 remaining knights swiftly hacked the Gor down.

Turn 4: Paul -

With no more threat from the Brayherd warband, the Ritual was completed and Krax was sacrificed and sent back to the Realm of Chaos.

IMG_3303.JPG

IMG_3304.JPG

Result: Major Loss!

With only a single Glory point gained and a roll for a Follower reward (+2 to the movement of Gors), things were not looking good for the Brayherd, Paul rolled for additional followers once again and added in another Chaos Lord on foot. Krax had been sent back to the Mortal Realms by the gods to aid Mojgorox pretty quickly, a boon for the warband for sure.

The Vendetta - Battle 3

A rivalry had been forged, Mojgorox hated this Slaanesh follower and in return was hated himself, the Vendetta could only be between these two, the deployment of this battle meant you could have started in combat with the enemy, instead the Brayherd played it a little more cautiously, knowing they would not be going first. The objective was the kill the unit in the enemy lines that had the Vendetta against them. 

Deployment:

IMG_3305.JPG

Turn 1: Paul -

Paul flew his Lord to the top of the castle and charged the Chariot and Warriors into the line of Ungor, the Knights of the far side moved up but failed the charge on the Gor and Krax, the Ungor took a few casualties but in return took out all 5 Warriors!

IMG_3306.JPG

IMG_3307.JPG

The Ungor moved into the chariot and bought it down to 2 wounds left, definitely man of the matches this game already! The Gor moved up with their extra movement and charge were able to surround the knights but pulled in the Lord on foot in combat too. Mojgorox attempted to climb the wall and charge the Lord, but failed his attempt. I  the combat phase for the Gor, they took down 2 knights with the help of Krax, but then the Lord on foot piled in, he used his once per battle ability (Causes 2D6 wounds!) and took down 10 Gor... The knights took a couple more and the rest ran away at the shear devastation, 20 Gor gone in a turn.

IMG_3308.JPG

Paul charged into Krax with his Lord on Foot (spoiler.. Krax died again) and the Lord on Manticore dropped down from the building and charged the rear of Mojgorox. The Ungor Raiders had taken a few wounds off him in the previous turn but not enough to pull him down a peg. With all of the Lords attacks he took 4 wounds off Mojgorox, not enough to kill him this time. Mojgorox knew his time was a now, the gods smiled upon him, Khorne was ascended in his mind, he swung back with his claws and took 9 wounds off the Lord, leaving him with just one.

IMG_3309.JPG

IMG_3310.JPG

Turn 2: Sean -

With another round of combat the Lord would be dead, hopefully for this time, the Vendetta was completed and Mojgorox secured the castle out of the grips of Slaanesh. Khorne showered him with gifts, his claws and teeth grown longer and sharper ready for the next fight to be had.

IMG_3312.JPG

Result: Major Victory!

With another victory another 3 Glory points came my way, this put both of us on 6. I rolled and gained another Champion reward, this time a reward of bravery. Much needed for the warband too. Now Mojgorox could let out a War Cry and all units around him increase their bravery by 2!

And so ends Part 1 of the Path to Glory campaign, Part 2 will be next month sometime, in the meantime in a couple of weeks we are running a more club based small Path to Glory campaign involving more people. This is how we played the campaign, by rolling each time. I n the other room, Kye and Simon also had a small campaign running, but instead of rolling, they decided to pick rewards and followers based off how the previous game went, Kye for instance adding in a follower reward for his Palladors of no more batteshock tests as in the game before they were particularly brave. We on the other hand used the rewards we gained to tell the story in the next battle. 

This to me shows how much you can do with this supplement, it is great fun, the battle plans make the game very balanced even if the warbands are not. Let me know if you have played any games yet and how you get on in the comments below! 

See you soon..

Sean.

• 3 weeks later...

Added 30 more Gor to the herd, finished them off at lunchtime. This time double handed weapons, re-rolling 1s with that many attacks should be great. 

IMG_3513.JPG.aaefb1717912703093b25c188c733c6a.JPG

Playing on Tuesday eve against a Hero heavy Sylvaneth army, Full 2k for the first time. The List I am going to run is 

IMG_3515.JPG.ec4bc9aeb3b2d664ee87694ecc240741.JPG

340 points are reserved for summoning which nicely adds up to a Cockatrice (Which I ran last week and it seemed awesome when summoned, summon 9" away from Hero, try and one shot him with its petrifying gaze ability) and a Ghorgon. But I also have 30 Plaguebearers, 3 Plague Drones, Nurglings and even a Great Unclean One just incase something else is needed. 

The army is a one drop, I will keeping the 10 Ungor unit, all Ungor Raiders, the 10 Gor with twin axes unit off the board at the beginning and then in the first turn which I will take Move my models up to deny as much wildwood deployment space as possible and bring the 2 units in ambush on from each edge to try and goad opponent in going to kill them. This should split his forces nicely. Will be an interesting battle for sure. The Chariots job will be to hold up Durthu (one of the heroes I know opponent will be fielding), Their move and mystic shielded should be a good tar pit for at least a turn or 2

So thats where I am at! The chariots are unpainted but I really wanna try them out.

Battle Report for it will be up next week!  

4 hours ago, HobbyHammer said:

340 points are reserved for summoning which nicely adds up to a Cockatrice (Which I ran last week and it seemed awesome when summoned, summon 9" away from Hero, try and one shot him with its petrifying gaze ability) 

That's pretty cool!

I remember in 8th someone have a freak out that "i could buy Nagash at 1000 point model for $130 and this cockatrice, if it rolls a 6 removes it from play?!!? Does GW not get how broken this is?  Why aren't people more upset!?!?!" and I boy,.. I couldn't stop laughing at his reaction.  

I like the cockatrice, always have.  I think it visually could work with Tzaangors nicely.

Hi Everyone! So today i thought i would look into the new Brayherd Allegiance abilities and alllies and what i means for the army now. As some will know, I am a returning Beastmen player, I played them solidly in 8th but due to personal finances had to the sell the army at the beginning of AoS. But now, with the Rise of Mojgorox, the Brayherd return and I just can't see me doing anything else, bar small Ally forces and maybe one day finishing my slower Stormcast army. 

Whats new with the Goat?

So in GHB17, Brayherd now have allegiance abilities! This new abilities give them a return to great character these goats had before, so what do we now get?

Battle Traits.

The first battle trait is a take out from the formation, ambush. The Ambush ability gives you the option to deploy any of your units off the board and then arrive on any battlefield edge within 6" in your first movement phase. Making sure your 9" away from enemy models. What this means is you can now control the board like never before. To be able to come on to the side or even behind the enemy lines with any of your units is massive, it splits the enemy forces making them decide whether to engage the new arrivers or continue forward like before. 

We also see the return of the herdstone! The herdstone used to be an auto include in 8th edition and now we get it for free. The herdstone is setup after deployment within 6" of your General, it is a 4" max terrain piece that has the rules of Damned (sacrifice D3 mortal wounds on a unit but get +1 to hit), Inspiring (+1 to your units bravery within 3") and Arcane (+1 to cast for your Great Brays), but as well as this, it also acts as Deadly terrain for non Brayherd units (so if they charge or run over it, roll a dice for the model and on a 1, the model is slain!)

Command Abilities.

Unreasing and Deadly: Re-roll wound rolls of 1, this one is pretty good when you think a Beastlord or GBS Wound on 3's, it just gives you the little more knowledge to know you will be doing some damage, but don't forget Beastlords already re-roll failed wounds against Heroes, so probably better on a Wizard.

Crown of Horns: Another little nod back to 8th, when your General attacks, you roll a dice, on a 5 the enemy unit suffers a Mortal Wound, on a 6, they suffer D3 mortal wounds. Again, this could be awesome for kitting out a Beastlord to get as much damage output from him as possible. 

Malevolent Despoiler: This one is pretty interesting as it means any unit within 12" of your General can not benefit from any cover save. So if your up against Sylvaneth for instance, finally those dryads and hunters may become manageable!

Massive Beastlord: add 1 to your wound characteristic, does what it says on the tin, makes a Hero that tiny bit better. 

Scions of the Dark Gods: If like me, you always have a good pool of summoning points, this is probably a must, put it on a GBS as your general that is on the Herdstone, suddenly you get +2 to cast, Savage Dominion now triggers of a 7+ and daemons on rolls as low as like a 3+, I can see people taking this one a lot.

Bestial Cunning: Again this is very interesting, you can up to half your units in ambush off the board until turn 2. So if you have army bunkered up , you can goat them out with your main force and then hit with the ambush a little later. May try this one a few times too. 

Artefacts: (Will only show three of the best ones here, the other 3 are good too though, +2 to charge etc)

Ramhorn Helm: This is a better Crown of Horns, it allows you to inflict an automatic D3 mortal wounds when you charge. Now putting this with Crown of Horns could mean a potential 2D3 mortal wounds if you roll lucky, but could be a Hero Killer for sure. 

Trumpet: This looks like an auto to me, +1 hit to any ambushing unit within 12" of the hero, Can imagine 40 Ungor Raiders ambushing with your hero, suddenly them little Ungor are hitting on 3's re-rolling 1's and 2's, then wounding on 4's (possibly re-rolling 1's if you take the battalion) could mean a possibility of a lot of save rolls needed for the enemy, take Malevolent Despoiler and target a unit bunkered in terrain and then they are -1 to their save too. hmmm. Interesting....

Herdstone Axe: My favourite, just for the shear ability to potentially take down a Stardarke or even Nagash/Archaon in one go. After you have attacked, and caused a wound with that weapon, roll a dice, on the roll of a 6 the model is slain with no save of any kind. Just gotta get that one wound through... Now, if you equip on a Beastlord with Great Axe, thats 3 attacks (potentially 4 attacks if you have taken formation), hitting on 3's (potentially 2's if you have another Hero with Trumpet nearby), wounding on 3's (retooling all failed against Heroes, -2 Rend and 2 damage. It is pretty likely you'll get something through, then just gotta roll the 6! May the Dice Gods be in your favour with this one. I wanna hear the stories! Auto include... just because. 

Allies!:

Ok and finally onto the allies for the army, you are allowed to take Warherd, Thunderscorn, Gargants and Monsters of Chaos. You will probably, if like me, always max this slot out now, the Brayherd lack any sort of decent damage. The most coming from the Beastlord, they also lack any sort of rend... -1 being the most really, except the Beastlord with Great Axe. So to get 2 Ghorgons in there with rend and high damage, or a Chimera for Mortal Wounds... or my new favourite model, the Cockatrice which for 120 points is a steal. Or even 6 Bullgors, 6 Dragon Ogors, 2 Gargants etc. The combinations are endless! One idea 1 had was this for a 2k game...

6 x Great Bray Shaman (540pts)

3 x 10 Ungors (180pts)

2 x Ghorgons (400pts)

This would leave 880pts for summoning, so either Monsters or anything from the Daemons list for example. A couple of Bloodthristers... 4 more Ghorgons... Archaon himself plus some Plaguebearers, a couple of Great Unclean Ones which then summon on some plaguebearers on objectives. 

This example is extreme, but it does show just how much you can do with the Brayherd Faction now. I for one can not wait for Tuesday eve, I have a game planned against Kye down the club, My list is as follows..

599ffb1689f72_ScreenShot2017-08-25at11_24_59.png.751420b0952aaaff971152f7d91875d7.png

Wont give away my game plan in case Kye reads this, but the game will be streamed live on youtube if you wanna watch it. Just click link and subscribe to channel to get update of when we go live (around 7pm)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTKQOTzHI6BQ-YYAFatQILQ/feed 

See you soon! 

Ok, so the Live Streamed game happened, it ended up being a Triumph and Treachery game as @warhammernerd's opponent failed to show, The game was 2000 points each side, 3 way Border Wars from the Generals Handbook 2017. Firstly the new additions to Triumph and Treachery are amazing! The Treachery points you build up and use are so good, in fact *SPOILERS* this is how @KyeBaker ended up winning the game. 

I ran the list above still and I gotta say, it did perform pretty well. The reinforcement points were used for a Ghorgon, which in the first turn munched away 20 Eternal Guard and a Cockatrice which ended up, although not doing any damage, held an objective for the game, stopping Adam scoring. I won't go into any real detail about the game as you can watch it in link below... it was a 4 hour marathon stream and Parental advisory as @warhammernerd drops more C Bombs than North Korea! 

I was picked on pretty much from the start, i think people think all the goats are a big threat. I am not happy with how squishy the Heroes are, Mojgorox with his Herdstone Axe was eliminated before he could do anything, I think this will be a theme in all games to come. Annoyingly.. he is a big Beastlord model and looks like a real target on the battlefield, but I shall persist with the Herdstone axe until I kill something big in one go! 

Scions + Herdstone is awesome, Isummoning stuff is so much more viable now. 

Cant wait to play the list again. This week it is a 2k game against Ben Crowe.

If you would like to see the game previous, the youtube link is below.

1 minute ago, Papa Nurgle said:

Great looking models!!! I'am starting a Brayherd army myself and I have a question; can I have Gors with shields and Gors with two hand weapons in one unit or can I only have one type of them in my Gor herd?

Greetings.

Looking forward to seeing your Herd soon then! Make sure you link it on here dude. In answer to the question, unfortunately no. On the warscroll it states, some UNITS are equipped with Two Blades, some UNITS are equipped with Shields instead. So this means you have to equip each model in the unit the same. But if your aiming for 2k, you'll have enough Gor units to cover both... I am working up to Two 30 Gor units with Two blades for offensive and 1 unit of 30 with Shields for protecting own territory and Great Brays that are around the Herdstone.

I'm also starting a new army - was thinking of the following tactical approach: Beatmen blitz.

Deploy general and herdstone 3" forward him. Then drop blob of 40 ungor raiders as close as I can do it (3"), shaman on other side.  Depending on board layout, deploy blobs of 20 gor either behind enemy line, or on flanks from ambush. If ambush looks to be no go/unfavorable layout, deploy in midline and rush them forward turn 1 with bonus from shammy.

Hero phase, shaman pops a balewind on a 5 (artifact + herdstone), then summons be'lakor on a 6. Be'lakor pops his summon to bring in a 2nd demon price of tzeench forward of his position, his other ability . That prince pops mystic shield on whatever unit is going to be engaged in the charge first.  If everything goes to play, strong opener - if not, still have tarpit Gors to capture objectives.

Ungors move up past the herdstone but within 3". Sacrifice a few for the hit bonus, rain down on any squishy targets or things I want to soften up. Gor's split off to cap objectives or tarpit - if demons made it to the field they move and reinforce.

2nd round plays out the same shammy cycle as round one, bringing in anything else I can muster up on a 6 or less (if not a monster). Gors full on sprint into melee or capture as required, trying to get as much board control as possible.

I really like the idea of using mass Gor + ungor raiders (buffed) for the combo of speed and backline ranged support (which isn't awesome, but the re-rolls and the hit bonus will put a dent in lots of things). The demon summoning is just situational but can make it more dynamic. The core will be 40 ungor raiders, 2-3 blocks of 30 gor (so I an split into 4 20's if needed), and maybe some warherd support. Undecided yet.

My biggest wish for the army came true, with the possible +2 to casting rolls (+3 if you get a vortex).  Now you can easily cast  savage dominion and open up a whole new summoning tactic for  the army.

My two favorites are the chaos Dragon and manticore. A turn one suicide charge by a chaos dragon before units get spread out can be devastating. Manticores are also nice and can potentially snipe characters.

I'm excited for the army. Especially with the additional ally possibilities. Congratulations Breyherds!

Archived