[GA: Death] The icy touch of death!

Elmir

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 8:12 PM, Elmir said:

HB9UQpd.jpg

Works continues to get 10 blood knights ready for the upcoming battle tome! I'll be using the von Carstein upgrade pack again on their shields. 

I'm very interested in these guys.

What was your 'recipe' so to speak ?

I can see Dragon Blades for the horses, bodies and weapons.

The heads I cant place.

You've added some kind of modeling chain for the reins instead of the jeweled one, similarly you've removed any jewels on the armour and replaced them with spikes or hanging skulls.

Finally you've used the Death Upgrade pack for the shields and Banner ?

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, XReN said:

The metal is lovely, can you share what paint(s) is it? And for gold as well

I've used Vallejo game colour "tin bits" for the dark metal. GW retributor armour for the gold and GW leadbelcher for the white metals.

All of them are shaded with army painter dark tone wash and drybrushed with Vallejo model air steel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Elmir said:

I've used Vallejo game colour "tin bits" for the dark metal. GW retributor armour for the gold and GW leadbelcher for the white metals.

All of them are shaded with army painter dark tone wash and drybrushed with Vallejo model air steel.

Thanks, will try that

5 hours ago, DarkTrooperZero said:

Elmire, love your work, did you have a replacement in mind now that Guilliman Blue has been discontinued ?

I'm definitely going to be stocking up heavily on it. I'm also told that the new airbrush "clear blue" is the continuation of guilliman blue glaze, but I'll have to check that out for myself. Aethermatic blue is a bit too teal-leaning to be a complete replacement it seems. Suffice to say that I wasn't too thrilled when I first heard that news... :(

5 hours ago, XReN said:

Oh, I think I have another question: are magical smokey thing under Horrorghast and Lauchion painted with washes, or something else?

With thinned down guilliman blue glaze (about 50/50 with lahmian medium or matt varnish,  whichever pot is closest). If I want to make it darker, I just add a touch of dark blue artist ink into the mix, if I want to brighten it up, I spray a light mist of white ink over it with the airbrush, as that creates a very translucent layer that still shows some blue through the recesses. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A full unit of Myrmourn banshees also joins the army! 
jgVeBUX.jpg

Also, now that my balewind vortex is finished, all the endless spells usable by death, have been finished! Crazy how all of this was released in a year by GW. 

CenjwND.jpg

• Like 5