[GA: Death] The icy touch of death!

Elmir

Hey folks

I've always held some interest in vampire counts in the old days, doing a few models back in the square base era... Unfortunately, I never really got around to properly finishing the undead army (the modelcount bothered me somewhat). 

With the arrival of the GHB, I did start out with my new Undead army, starting with a Vlagurescu's horde army, combined with a start collecting from both FEC and the deathrattle. Here are the results so far: 

G6bMMya.jpg?1
fqqX56O.jpg?1
rFZEcV8.jpg?1
4jndt0F.jpg?1
iq6HCib.jpg?1
74CpWSL.jpg?1

And the deathrattle: 

06Hcoae.jpg?1
D0kONzD.jpg?1

And of course Arkhan, who I'm hoping will be the base for a summoning based deathlords only army... Just need to get my hands on morghasts soon...

zDnKWA4.jpg?1

Hope you like them!

Edited by Elmir
  • Like 25

On 2017-6-4 at 2:58 PM, Lysandestolpe said:

Very Very nice! The Morghast Harbringers are nuts to summon. 3D6 charge just makes their charge average dice-roll. :D

I've got 3 boxes inbound for the coming week. I'm going to see if they can be magnetized to make both variants (at least for one of those boxes). 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15-6-2017 at 7:17 PM, Elmir said:

The 3 boxes of morghasts have arrived and I have started working on them. Here's a WIP shot of the bodyguards to Arkhan (to  run the all deathlord army soon):

LJBCB01.jpg

Very cool. Love the scheme. 

And a cheeky unpainted vampire in the background. A tease of the next update perhaps?

Indeed. They are nearly finished now, but I can't get around to taking pictures until I get a new white background paper. I sadly ruined mine a few days ago. :(

I also got a bit sidetracked though... 
16WrWt9.jpg?1

Edited by Elmir
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Slave2Chaos said:

How'd you do your blue ghostly bits?

I start off with a basecoat of baharoth blue (edge colour from GW), followed by an airbrush layer of pure white over that, glazed by a mix of matt medium and Guilliman blue (GW glaze).

• 3 months later...

Got around to taking more pictures today: 

Finished Manfred on horse... Although I think I might highlight the mount's head a bit more and possible add some blood effects to the blade: 

1bFRku6.jpg

I expanded the Morghast archai to 4 and added 2 harbingers. This means I can now field full deathlord lists up to 2k! Yay

2KpsWVn.jpg

qsX8ctW.jpg

Krell was also finished (excuse me... Generic wight king with black axe now):

GREhnJ6.jpg

wjjqUfc.jpg

And finally, a zombie horde of 60 that I really wasn't able to squeeze into the lightbox/frame. So here's a bit under 30 to represent the shambling horde: 

Tqdl9r6.jpg

Hope you like them!

• Like 7