New Cooperative Shadespire Warhammer Quest game please

Null Field

So, I am playing and loving the new skirmish rules. As I was reading the chapter "Treasures of the Katophranes" I was constantly thinking that this would make a great co-op board game in the style of Silver Tower. Lots of traps, random dungeons and treasure (special shadeglass items). And it has a built in excuse for why there would be lots of random factions in the area searching for treasure. Come on, GW give us another co-op AOS game!

Sorry guys. I am all for a Shadespire WHQ expansion, but I much prefer the GM version to full Coop. We are almost done with Hammerhal and had so much fun twisting and rolleplaying it so I hope that whatever expansion comes out will be open to GM and Coop. But if I had to choose I will pick GM any day.

^ Agree. Big fan of Silver Tower here because of the co-op play. I hope they do a title set in an undead setting. I was originally hoping for something with the Flesh Eater Courts, but with the big Shadespire push that would only make sense.

Sorry guys. I am all for a Shadespire WHQ expansion, but I much prefer the GM version to full Coop. We are almost done with Hammerhal and had so much fun twisting and rolleplaying it so I hope that whatever expansion comes out will be open to GM and Coop. But if I had to choose I will pick GM any day.

All things being equal, and having a choice between a GM and a co-op version of SoH...

Playing with a GM is preferable.

Not all gaming groups have that option. (Sometimes it's just two players ... total... or just one.)

I'm personally much more a fan of co op but let's not derail the thread! (But wouldn't it be great if they produced future boxes that were both!)

I agree that a warhammer quest set in Shadespire (and with some amazing new death models like Silver Tower) would be super great.

Gw do it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really would love a shadespire one. I didn't buy hammerhal and don't plan on doing it because it doesn't have a co-op mode. I just want a co-op dungeon crawler with progression and customization. That's why I decided to write my own rules because at the end I houserule everything. I started a year ago with FreeQuest, a cooperative dungeon crawler where dungeons are generated randomly and you have up to 10 levels and progression and campaing mode. Still working on it.

• 7 months later...
On 2/16/2018 at 2:40 AM, MacDuff said:

We're all still waiting for more. I hope they don't forget us.

They released an addition to SoH in White Dwarf (Dec ‘17/Jan ‘18/Feb ‘18) that added 3 new dungeons to explore in Cinderfall, and new locations to visit in town.

I fully expect GW to be supporting the product line in an ongoing fashion, especially with the release of the Chaos Adversary Cards. (The new areas actually can use those new adversaries with replacement models for those who don’t have them.)

I’d like to see death and destruction adversaries be made available. (Though I’m still working on getting all of the units for the chaos adversaries!)

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/02/2018 at 1:11 PM, TheOtherJosh said:

They released an addition to SoH in White Dwarf (Dec ‘17/Jan ‘18/Feb ‘18) that added 3 new dungeons to explore in Cinderfall, and new locations to visit in town.

I fully expect GW to be supporting the product line in an ongoing fashion, especially with the release of the Chaos Adversary Cards. (The new areas actually can use those new adversaries with replacement models for those who don’t have them.)

I’d like to see death and destruction adversaries be made available. (Though I’m still working on getting all of the units for the chaos adversaries!)

I have one of those modules (the last one), does anybody else have the other two

On 3/4/2018 at 1:06 AM, flemingmma said:

I have one of those modules (the last one), does anybody else have the other two

While it doesn’t have the cards included, the magazine is available digitally.

And all three issues are available in the GW online store (USA)

Archived