New Skirmish Game Also Set in Shadespire

So it appears that the new skirmish game is also set in the city of Shadespire, according to the description for the book:

"Lying forgotten in the Desert of Bones, the ruins of the spectacular ancient city Shadespire are brimming with untold riches and power, ripe for the taking. Though it is now a mere skeleton after being put to the torch by Nagash, the city's treasures remain, a morbid hint at the splendour that existed before Shadespire’s soul was torn away…

Take command of a small warband of warriors and put your skill, wit and determination to the test with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Skirmish: a book containing the information and rules needed to fight Skirmish battles – including a hard-fought campaign amidst the ruins of Shadespire!"

I must say I'm excited to see what GW do with this. Shadespire seems to be something of a spiritual successor to Mordheim - a ruined city filled with lingering treasures and (probably) untold horrors, where warbands go in search of fortune. Could be a good place for some grittier and more personal stories rather than the epic clash of armies AoS has focused on so far! 

And of course, if the Skirmish rules are half as a good as Mordheim I'll be sold xD

1 hour ago, Sactownbri said:

Does anyone know what factions have rules included in the Skirmish game? Is it just limited to the factions that are up for sale? Do all factions get rules? Something in the middle?

It's mainly factions with plastics. They explained they didn't get too much time for this one and wanted, thus, to focus on the more readily available armies.

Also, skirmishes is more like WHFB warbands, not Mordheim. Apparently "Mordheim" is set to appear on christmass 2017 or early 2018 (around those dates). If it turns out to be set in shadespire I'm going to burst out of laughter. I mean... "Shadespire: the weirdo magnet of the realms! Murderhobo groups of 4 or more members get a discount!"

It's mainly factions with plastics. They explained they didn't get too much time for this one and wanted, thus, to focus on the more readily available armies.
Also, skirmishes is more like WHFB warbands, not Mordheim. Apparently "Mordheim" is set to appear on christmass 2017 or early 2018 (around those dates). If it turns out to be set in shadespire I'm going to burst out of laughter. I mean... "Shadespire: the weirdo magnet of the realms! Murderhobo groups of 4 or more members get a discount!"

I am VERY intrigued and apparently missed that rumour of when "Mordeim" may be released. Care to say where you've heard this? I am hoping that it will be well worth this wait!

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Just now, Lord Cedric said:

I am VERY intrigued and apparently missed that rumour of when "Mordeim" may be released. Care to say where you've heard this? I am hoping that it will be well worth this wait!

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

If memory serves right, Hastings commented on early 2018. But recently, can't remember where, heard it may be for christmass. But it's inbound for the foreseeable future.

Wahammer Skirmish is set in the ruins of where Shadespire used to be in the Realm of Death.

Shadespire: Underworlds is set in the city of Shadespire itself which was ripped from the Realm of Death by Nagash and placed in a limbo between the Realms of Light and Shadow (For preventing their souls going to Nagash when they die).

Hopefully they do some sort of tie in story when Shadespire: Underworld comes out where warbands are snatched up from the ruins of the great city and transported to the damned city itself to fight for the amusement of the God of Death.

Hey guys,

@bottle is on this weeks episode of The Black Sun podcast, released tonight (around 7pm GMT). We discuss Warhammer Skirmish and he gives a great rundown of the background for the game, including the origins of Shadespire. It's super interesting and well worth a listen (I hope). You can find the podcast by searching The Black Sun on iTunes, visiting www.theblacksun.co.uk (the site is due an overhaul) or on the podcast section of this forum.

Looks like @WilliamMatthews corroborates your thoughts on the setting for the Shadespire game itself Sam.

• 1 month later...

I have the rules (incredibly inexpensive), and I think it's a great way to ease into AOS. With a hero and a box or two you can grow a warband as large as allowed. This is helping focus my painting as I stare of several unpainted armies.

Archived