Lets Chat Wanderers / Wood Elves compendium

warhammernerd

On 10/22/2017 at 7:09 AM, Cerve said:

Where was the "all the dead Monks can pile in and attack before you remove them" pray? 

I just remembered its the furnace prayer isnt it. He chose blessed with Filth instead of Rabid Fever prayer so he had reroll wounds not pile and attack before dying (in hindsight we know which one he should have picked!). Unfortunately he only had a few of monks left after my 17 wild riders (3 died to shooting earlier), 2 eagle lords, dragon lord and Orion had finished their attacks. To be honest I was a little disappointed they didn't wipe out all 30 but I did kill the furnace as well which had 12 wounds so it was ok in the end :D monks

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Frozenbeast said:

yeah it is still a WIP (basically I am buyig now all the random pieces and the project is in mi mind) bt as the army theme is WOW Night Elves the Avatar of the Hunt would be something similar to Cenarius (old Archaon horse torso and hands and head from another company plus a spear and a Kurnoth huner bow). I'll post the pics of the stepsXD. keep you up-to-date!

Make me one too please! :D

Just made a new post over in the Order thread going over my list and a high level recap of the two-day tournament I attended over the weekend! It's a Wanderer-themed mixed Order list, I tied for Best General. Scored 3 major victories, a minor victory, and lost one game. Did really well with it. :)

2 minutes ago, WABBIT said:

Jes is the Nomad Prince. I bet they let him re-roll ones in any game he plays :D He is an Awesome scupltor.

A store close by won the 100-contest in North America and he came for the day.  My 2nd baby girl was just  born and I couldn't make it.

That.... hurt.

Like,.. a lot.  

24 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

But 5 for 80 points instead of 3... They improved.. except loosing Wanderer keyword. They are elite archers and shouldn't be battle line anyway.

Yeah you're right, I always thought they should not be battleline and 5 is how they should always have been.

All Wood Elves should retain wanderer and that's how we play it. If you play Wood Elves the only battle line they have now is Glade riders which is silly. I mean Glade Guard are not wood elves anymore....I know they are all order anyway but it's just a messy way to make changes like this. AoS started out as a champion of simplicity, now it's a car crash of rules, versions, compendiums and FAQ updates which only make it more difficult to agree on how to play the game with your opponent. It's ok if you're discussing game rules with your mate but I dread having the discussion with someone I've never met before.

er I rambled again didn't i? :D

I'm trying to get a beetle (wardroth from alarielle) cheap to put the device from the hurricanum on it's back as my hurricanum. and then I'm going to try wanderer order too (as said above with that free city allegiance just to get that bonus).

I've not really thought about it.. but I think a unit of 20 GG, 2x10 EG, several MSU units of waywatchers, a loremaster and 2 reaper boltthrowers as my shooters. I've not yet got a hurricanum so I'm thinking about using Drycha instead for now, decent melee, a 4+ to hit is also a good target for the loremaster. I'm contemplating how much melee I want. I might just go executioners (ranger models) since they also combine well with the hurricanum. It's a list that can use mostly wanderer models and has a few units that have a good synergy with the hurricanum and a few good targets for the loremasters. In this list I'd leave out the jade wizard since most damage from the executioners will be due to MW anyway. 

14 hours ago, Aezeal said:

I'm trying to get a beetle (wardroth from alarielle) cheap to put the device from the hurricanum on it's back as my hurricanum. and then I'm going to try wanderer order too (as said above with that free city allegiance just to get that bonus).

I've not really thought about it.. but I think a unit of 20 GG, 2x10 EG, several MSU units of waywatchers, a loremaster and 2 reaper boltthrowers as my shooters. I've not yet got a hurricanum so I'm thinking about using Drycha instead for now, decent melee, a 4+ to hit is also a good target for the loremaster. I'm contemplating how much melee I want. I might just go executioners (ranger models) since they also combine well with the hurricanum. It's a list that can use mostly wanderer models and has a few units that have a good synergy with the hurricanum and a few good targets for the loremasters. In this list I'd leave out the jade wizard since most damage from the executioners will be due to MW anyway. 

Which BL are you gonna use? Because EG are not gonna count as such as u ll play Order allegiance, what did you have in mind.

I think we are kind of starting to define that some models in a Wanderer themed or Wanderer based Order army are almosy compulsory or very often deployed and some other units can appear in these list pretty often. Although we still have a pretty high variety of other troops that really go with the taste and the idea of army a person has in mind and this is pretty nice considering previously if you wanted to play something both competitive and enjoyable aometimes you had one and one only list you could play (look at dark elves spamming witches and couldron combo or empire playing light council and lot of cav). Is really nice to see this kind of variety, it allows people to have different approches to the game and counterplays.

On 10/25/2017 at 3:26 PM, Aezeal said:

Just a heads-up dude, the beetle is WAY bigger than a Hurricanum. No way to make it fit on the correct base for the Hurricanum. I'm all for conversions and all but in AoS having the correct size base is pretty important, especially with units that have auras!

2 hours ago, Tidings said:

Just a heads-up dude, the beetle is WAY bigger than a Hurricanum. No way to make it fit on the correct base for the Hurricanum. I'm all for conversions and all but in AoS having the correct size base is pretty important, especially with units that have auras!

Isnt everything measured from the model now anyway?

Yeah, no one I know in Oz Measures to the model. What a head ache that would be. 

Im moving my wanderers into a mixed order list. I was pretty pumped when the new abilities dropped but now I'm just a bit ho  hum with them. They really do shoe horn you into a very particular, inflexible play style.

I reckon a good unit of GG and 2 units of reavers will fill out my BL. I'll convert my wild riders into reavers. Just add bows! Wild wood rangers become Executioners, etc etc. 

Better start working on a Hurricanum conversion. Thinking of a floating waystone or something like that. 

2 hours ago, Origin said:

Yeah, no one I know in Oz Measures to the model. What a head ache that would be. 

Im moving my wanderers into a mixed order list. I was pretty pumped when the new abilities dropped but now I'm just a bit ho  hum with them. They really do shoe horn you into a very particular, inflexible play style.

I reckon a good unit of GG and 2 units of reavers will fill out my BL. I'll convert my wild riders into reavers. Just add bows! Wild wood rangers become Executioners, etc etc. 

Better start working on a Hurricanum conversion. Thinking of a floating waystone or something like that. 

I don't even mind it's inflexible. It's a sort of playstyle I'd like: the ambushing etc etc.. however 

1. it's not a style that wins games as it is.

2. it's not a style that is fun to play against for most armies (except for the win you'll probably get).

PS don't you have old glade riders, they don't even need conversions to be reavers I'd say (might be cheap on ebay too these days).

16 hours ago, Aezeal said:

don't you have old glade riders, they don't even need conversions to be reavers I'd say (might be cheap on ebay too these days).

Really not a fan of the figures and I have decided not to have any horses in my aleven army. Makes them a bit more 'high fantasy'. Thus me hunting down lion chariots to use as 'heavy' cav.

If anyone knows of some decent rhino models that would serve as concussors I would be so happy. 

On 10/26/2017 at 5:22 PM, Tidings said:

I haven't met a single person who measures model to model haha. Everyone I played with in California, Singapore and Canada measure base to base.

I saw one guy post on a FB group that no one measures B2B and man,.. that poster got a beating... haha.

On 10/27/2017 at 7:45 PM, Origin said:

Really not a fan of the figures and I have decided not to have any horses in my aleven army. Makes them a bit more 'high fantasy'. Thus me hunting down lion chariots to use as 'heavy' cav.

If anyone knows of some decent rhino models that would serve as concussors I would be so happy. 

You can sell your Glade Riders to me!  :D 

Another fun alternative is Fenrisian Wolves from 40k. I use those as my hunting hounds, but they work great for a more feral style mount!

Yeah I have considered the wolves. My little gelves have a savannah/African Plains style. So not sure the wolves fit. Maybe I can repaint the glade riders in a zebra stripe pattern

Had a very funny game last night verses some pestilence filled rats. Plague monks that pile in and attack when they die verses eternal guard with a 4+ mortal wound bounce back... Hilarious... 

Archived