Malin's painting blog

Malin

Hi all,

This will be my magical place for posting updates of my current painting mumbo jumbo. Hope this will motivate me to paint in more regular fashion :)

Main subjects of my brush strokes are going to be those blood Khorne Bloodbound guys. So this week I have been mostly doing bases and undercoating on:

- 20 Bloodreavers,

- Bloodstoker

- Slaughterpriest

- Aspiring Deathbringer

And this one big fella for a friend of mine:

ChpVnN1XEAAreIs.jpg large.jpg

His base is already modeled and everything is undercoated. Goal for today is to paint the entire base and start off with wing or hopefully two :) We will see how it will pan out in couple of hours :)

Will follow GW painting guide by https://twitter.com/ICantThinkEm not to the letter, as I have few alternatives in mind ;)

Regards

Malin

FpJwT5fd.jpg

So, one wing done, Nuln Oil drying up on the other.

Base is also ready, but will keep it a secret till the end as it contain small surprise for my friend ;)

More pictures to follow on next few days

That's a great start to your friend's maw crusher - black, red and white is such a classic evil army combo, and you've executed it well. 

Will you use the same colours on your Khorne models?

I'll be watching your thread with interest. 

MGP

P.S. I like your avatar pic - I'd never have thought that a black horror would work, but it does!

Thanks for the comments :)

My Khorne army follows black/red scheme, white is somewhere there when possible ;)

Maw Krusha is ongoing (day ain't over) hope to finish it this forthcoming week and get to my Bloodbound.

For my models I always opted for something different than usual scheme, trying to find my own way of painting this and that :) Black Horror is just the perfect example of such an attitude. Flamer, horrors and screamers are just another set of examples ;)

376754_10150408753591738_1308770236_n.jpg

293000_10151120088826738_780461978_n.jpg

553312_10151494971791738_149113157_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Time for some update after 3 week hiatus. Managed to get some time for painting yesterday and here is the small update on Maw-Krusha. Pattern was painted on both sides. Think will finish the skin today :)

CkihqYHUoAEid8V.jpg large.jpg

Just now, Dez said:

Looking good, just picked one of these up :)

Model is great, pictures on GW site don't do it justice. Its big, fun to paint and if you are going for the same scheme as I did, I highly, Highly, HIGHLY, recommend watching video guide on GW site. Emma did great job there, plus the list of paints saves you a lot of time.

4 hours ago, cb_rex said:

The Maw Krusha is coming along really nicely and I love what you did with the Screamers a very original look.  I'm not too keen on the Horrors though.

Original idea for the army was to have it done in white and red colors mainly, so the same as Polish flag :) Hence the scheme.

4 hours ago, Soulsmith said:

The maw krusha looks amazing. You've done the pattern better than Emma! Hard decision for me between red and white now

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks, but don't tell Emma anything about it ;) If it wasn't her I wouldn't paint that pattern after all, so all credits go to her :)

• 2 weeks later...

This model is so time consuming :) Horns are finally done, now it will be down the hill ride :D

hp_hgqDD.jpgJ6epQfyR.jpg

and this Maw-Krusha, so many horns on it, she is just so, well horny :D you should listen to this song while painting them  ;)

Cheers
Malin

The beast itself is ready, now, onto the rider himself. Will need to take better quality pictures after all is done and ready.

Explanations of all the small details on the model once it will be totally ready ;) and now the pictures:

AYok7WKm.jpg large.jpgo9u7M4VR.jpg large.jpgS-Z_wvSp.jpg large.jpg

So, this journey is over :) finally :D

With sigh if relief managed to finish Maw Krusha today, around 4:30 AM. Lets just say it was a long night ;)

I really enjoyed painting of the beast itself, even though painting horns might drive you crazy, taking glimpses throughout the entire process on another finished parts just drive you to more intense work. I never was an "Orc-y" or, should I say "Orruk-y" , painter, so the Boss was not my cup of tea. Hint for all the future painters of this model, do the rider first, so that once the beast is ready you just glue the guy on top. I always found this demotivating when there was "only" rider left to do. This model (rider) is huge and have so many details, that I could easily spend twice as much on him as I did.

Now some explanations. This model was done for a friend of mine (Tom), who is also store manager and played in Seahawks Gdynia football team, so:

- number 54 in few places, because it was Tom's number in the team,

- patterns on shoulder pad (not finding this term proper for AoS forum and model, but hey-ho) and cloth are the same as Seahawks players used to have on their shoulder pads,

- SHAGA, on the skeleton, is simply name of Tom's store. Skeleton is pointing to it, so it seems, Maw Krusha just came from there :D,

- checkered patterns, on Maw Krusha's head, in memory of Orcs from the world that was!

- Armour is red on the Orruk, because its really simple: RED GOES FASTAAAAA!

After all this, I would really like to say big, Big, BIG Thank You, to Emma (@ICantThinkEm  on twitter). Her video made painting this model Waaagh-zillion times easier and faster. Plus I really enjoyed your comments throughout the whole process of painting this beauty. Thanks Emma!

And now, time to end this talking schmocking, pictures:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

I can now get back to other commissions and my Bloodbound :D

At the moment I am dealing with extra fast Blood Bowl team commission. Still...

...managed to assemble first Skullcrusher. Plan is to build all the models for Brass Stampede Warscroll Battalion, be it good or bad, competitive or not. There is something magical in fielding 10 Juggernauts. So 8 more Skullcrushers to assemble and 1 Lord.

So, by Khorne, they will be done! :DCmoRcrFWYAIupCy.jpg large.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished my latest commission, it was few long evenings, but yet another Blood Bowl team is ready. This time Chaos from Willy Miniatures. Now I am able to get to grips with some of my Bloodbound (or so I hope) :)

20160718_122750.jpg20160718_122829.jpg20160718_122945.jpg20160718_123053.jpg20160718_123210.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After assembling Skullcrushers it was time for Knights and Wrathmongers:

Co41MrKXEAEgz44.jpgCo41OFpXgAEhCmr.jpg

Today time for some basing and undercoating, and for next few days think I have enough of assembling, it will be time to do some painting :)

Aspiring Deathbringer getting some brush love in next few days :D

Archived