High Elves in AoS

DantePQ

I think your best bet is going with the swifthawk formation (it now comes with the repacked island of blood set.. so if you have island of blood you should have the models).

Get the app on a tablet and the warscroll for that formation is free (at least it was for me).

Your army will still be order allegiance so you'll be able to add any other order stuff to that army outside of the formation (or increase the units already in the formation). Phoenix guard are a good anvil for taking an objective but pretty expensive. Some archers are nice, for example high elf archers or proxy them as glade guard. You can also add a phoenix for fun.

There is also a pheonix list on this forum somewhere (recent), not sure if it's actually good but people have thought about it at least.

17 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

I think your best bet is going with the swifthawk formation (it now comes with the repacked island of blood set.. so if you have island of blood you should have the models).

Get the app on a tablet and the warscroll for that formation is free (at least it was for me).

Your army will still be order allegiance so you'll be able to add any other order stuff to that army outside of the formation (or increase the units already in the formation). Phoenix guard are a good anvil for taking an objective but pretty expensive. Some archers are nice, for example high elf archers or proxy them as glade guard. You can also add a phoenix for fun.

There is also a pheonix list on this forum somewhere (recent), not sure if it's actually good but people have thought about it at least.

If you break the swifthawk allegiance you'll need another pure battleline unit

Dawnspire and dragonlord formations are good starting points.  Dawnspire battalion gives you withering shooting power or extra mobility.  Dragonlord battalion gives you a once per game movement enough for a 1st turn charge. Add a skywarden for the +1 to wound totem for swifthawks. Add some phoenixes and phoenix guard for staying power.

I play mainly HE, Order Draconis is solid with the right loadout. 

It is hard to compete with Stormcast/ Sylvaneth/ Tomb Kings, however bringing something fresh to the table is fun and has its advantages. 

The HE just lack synergy since they were split up. Either stick with one faction and go all out or find two that can run side by side and "compliment" each other.

Teclis is badass.

35 minutes ago, AAUBURGER said:

I play mainly HE, Order Draconis is solid with the right loadout. 

It is hard to compete with Stormcast/ Sylvaneth/ Tomb Kings, however bringing something fresh to the table is fun and has its advantages. 

The HE just lack synergy since they were split up. Either stick with one faction and go all out or find two that can run side by side and "compliment" each other.

Teclis is badass.

if you are playing a plan that requires speed, teclis will f#$* you up.

Archived