Soulblight up on this mf

DanWhite

Hey guys,

I'm looking at building my first real tournament list and have been having a lot of fun with soulblight but I'm struggling with the high cost of them. So my 2k list is as follows.

vamp lord on zombie dragon (ruler of the night, item dependant on final list but between cursed book, tomb blade or unholy sword)

vamp lord on abyssal terror

3 x 5 Bloodknights with all the bells and whistles

1x 6 vargheists

3x 2 bar swarms

now this list I've been pretty happy with but I've seen that I could get some real bonuses from having some summoning in there. So the question is do I drop the vargheists summoning points enough for a big gribbly like a terrorgheist, or do I drop the bat swarms for a more refined summoning pool. Or keep the list as it is, or drop a mix of vargheists and bat swarms.

I would rather summon the bat swarm into position, it needs to be within 12" of the shooters for it to give the -1. Also its only 5 to cast so should be able to. I wouldn't risk not being able to summon the Vargheists. You could drop the vargheists and put the cover throne on, but terrorgheist by himself is not worth it.

Thanks WoN, I should have specified I won't necessarily summon those units, units it's more about the poubts available to summon say cairn wraiths for 3 places of power or a block of zombies to win an objective. 

I would disagree on the terrorgheist, in my last game I played chaos and had left the vargheists out so on turn 2 I was able to summon a terrorgheist behind my opponents lines which screamed at a lot of his big units that I didn't have any answers for and definitely helped me win the game.

In matched play, currently you can't summon a terrorgheist as the warscroll has been changed to the flesh-eater-courts one. :(

The generals handbook only has points for the FEC one making it not playable in most tournaments.

As far as the scream, yeah its awesome against some things, but go against another death army or a demon army and then it ends up doing nothing.

And the VLZD, I would put Red Fury on him, and cursed book.

Launch him at something using the VLAT spell and see how much damage he can do in one turn. I might mathhammer this tonight...

44 minutes ago, WillofNagash said:

Because there are no points for it in the generals handbook.

I don't have the printed version to hand at the moment to confirm, but I do have the phone app.

My app puts the points beside the "Summonable" Terrorgheist rather than the FEC one... not sure if this is what they wanted to do - but I would have taken this to mean that its still usable in matched play.

yeah, there was big discussion about this, basically the tournament organizers i spoke to said the book is the correct version and the app is not correct. I really wanted to summon a terrorgheist, lol.

I was also told the warscroll on the website is FEC so I cant use it, apparently the old warscroll is summonable.

Just thought I'd give you guys an update on my decision, so I've decided to take the original list but drop the third unit of bats to give me a small summoning pool that I can use for mission specific summoning, either a cairn wraith/banshee in three places of power, or a chaff piece, or some skellies/zombies to sit on an objective.

So essentially its a one time minor advantage towards a mission

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the thread necromancy here. But your list made we wonder....

But I've been trying to work the vamp lord on abyssal terror into some lists also, and was wondering how it fared for you.

Main problem I'm thinking about is the fact, that even though he's a vampire, he's not soul blight. He's compendium. So doesn't that wreck the bloodknights as battle line set up? Ie. you're not running pure soul blight?

How did you get around this? Am I all wrong in how I interpret the rules (would love to be!)

T

19 minutes ago, Teletomas said:

sorry for the thread necromancy here. But your list made we wonder....

But I've been trying to work the vamp lord on abyssal terror into some lists also, and was wondering how it fared for you.

Main problem I'm thinking about is the fact, that even though he's a vampire, he's not soul blight. He's compendium. So doesn't that wreck the bloodknights as battle line set up? Ie. you're not running pure soul blight?

How did you get around this? Am I all wrong in how I interpret the rules (would love to be!)

T

Yes it would, you'd need to find 180 points from somewhere to take 3 units of zombies as that's the cheapest way to fulfil your battleline requirement in death.

Archived