Let's Chat: Khorne Daemonkin

mrstimpson38

So i have my khorne daemonkin army from 40k and i was wondering how would it perform in aos. Also i think that only allegiance for khorne daemons are CHAOS, right? Maybe we will have some specific allegiances ( and allegiance abilities)in future.. So here is ly list what i was about to use in local 1500p tournament

Bloodthirster of insensate rage

Daemon prince with wings

3 x 10 bloodletter

3 bloodcrusher

10 flesh hounds

5 flesh hounds

Soul grinder

1480p 

Couple thoughts from my limited experience doing Big red daemons :D if your taking 30 bloodletters id 100% take a wrath bloodthirster over skarbrand to give the letters run and charge if you run sayl its scary af....tho you are paying for it 

skullcannons i really wouldn't bother with not reliable good when they work......but more often than not iv been left disappointed.

Bloodcrushers i reallllllly want to love i love the jug models but again iv been finding that they leave me disappointed tho this could be more me being a poor player and not making the best of them, i have a friend who raves about them.

Fleshhounds bloody love these little blighters i use the puppets of war models and they look amazing (this could me being biased on looks)but generally iv found they are great annoying/harasing units stick them on a unguarded flank and send them hunting 

Soul grinder iv not used yet but damn do i want to get one they are solid as a rock in the games iv played against especially when given mystic shield :o

Bloodsecrator...........simply amazing with bloodletters my god what my letters chew threw with a banner down and hero in range :o

I think theres a case for marauders/bloodreavers for chaff and bodys on the table and ofc blood warriors or even chaos warriors for a little more durability in the battle line.........horses for corses

Now for me if your running a purely red daemon list the only reason to do it is to use the bloodhost of khorne which is amazing! but the cost and the limitations on it is sooooooooo much.......you wont win any tournaments and more than likely a super competitive player is going to beat you, but for a enjoyable game with friends or down the club its amazing thematically and "tactically" its amazing and well worth the tax imo

Hey guys, I've decided to purchase some Chaos Warhounds to have them "counts as" Flesh Hounds and another SC:DoK box to round out my Daemon numbers (for this, and 40k). I've wrote up a list taking into account only units I have access to, so I've had to mix in some Blood Warriors and a Bloodsecrator. Definitely don't mind having them around, as I like both units.  I'd love to hear some constructive criticism on it so I can have something to chew on while I put together my Ironjawz. How well rounded is this for mobility, playing objectives, defense, and offence?

And as a side note, this is the army that I'm going to put on my display board up against my Ironjawz (that you can check out my progress on over in the destruction forums). Once I've decided to start this army I plan on having a large WIP thread over in this forum!

Leaders
Bloodthirster Of Unfettered Fury (300)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
Bloodsecrator (120)

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (300)
9 x Bloodcrushers (480)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline
10 x Flesh Hounds (200)
- Khorne Demon Battleline
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaive
10 x Blood Warriors (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- 1x Goreglaive

Units

Total: 2000/2000

Thanks again for being so helpful so far.

@LuthorHuss

For killing power your list looks to be doing well between the Bloodthirster, Daemon Prince and Soul Grinder, but I think you may find your 10 man Bloodletter squads get deleted a little too easily without doing much. They're best ran in units of 30, but that would leave you with no other battleline units because you've went with a Soul Grinder, making the Hounds and Crushers not battleline. Do you have any other models to work with?

On 1.2.2017 at 4:09 AM, mrstimpson38 said:

@LuthorHuss

For killing power your list looks to be doing well between the Bloodthirster, Daemon Prince and Soul Grinder, but I think you may find your 10 man Bloodletter squads get deleted a little too easily without doing much. They're best ran in units of 30, but that would leave you with no other battleline units because you've went with a Soul Grinder, making the Hounds and Crushers not battleline. Do you have any other models to work with?

Not too much i'm afraid. Bloodsecrator is on my mind, it just seems to be so ridiculoysly powerfull. And i really want to go all the way with my Soul Grinder so i lost my daemon of khorne allegiance already..  First impression about blood host was good but now im starting to feel opposite. I hope we will see some nice khorne daemon battalions in future

In generals handbook it says that unit of flesh hounds is battleline if you have khorne daemon allegiance and your general is karanak. Same thing with bloodcrushers but herald of khorne is required as a general of the army. This rule have beem overwritten in some faq etc or i just misunderstood something. I would love to have 30 bloodletters, 20 flesh hounds and skullcrushers as my battleline. As long as i don't break allegiance with bloodsecrator of course. Another question i have in my mind is that some warscroll says that khorne daemon hero in 8" for example.. But none of heroes have that keyword. Hero, khorne, daemon only but that counts as? So my daemon prince of khorne will fullfil those requirements? And same thing with Soul Grinder, when i take it as khorne keyword it has daemon as itself so it fullfils requirements of daemon of khorne? 

And please forgive me my not so fluent english ;)

So if you take Karanak or Herald on Juggernaught as your General, you can take Flesh Hounds or Bloodcrushers as Battleline. However, you can only have one General, so you cannot have Flesh Hounds AND Bloodcrushers sadly. 

In regards to what I'm assuming is Locus of Fury and other rules, yes its any model that has the Hero, Daemon AND Khorne keywords. So a Khorne-marked Daemon Prince will fulfill that role if he's within 8" of Bloodletters or other models with similar rules.

And the Soul Grinder will not break allegiance if you mark it with Khorne. Correct.

I've decided to give my son all my Bloodbound (father of the year?), so I'm going to go with pure Khorne Daemons. I think this is the list I'll build up to once my Ironjawz are finished.

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Bloodmaster, Herald of Khorne (80)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Karanak (100)

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (300)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)
6 x Bloodcrushers (320)
- Khorne Daemon Battleline

Units

Total: 1000/2000

And just to say, I opened the Chaos Warhounds today and had to laugh at how simple they'll be to put together. It will be great to model them!

edit: Here's the model I picked up for Karanak! Should go great with the Chaos Warhounds!

La_Guevle_Des_Abysses_painted.jpg.7c401d8d9604cd046e4cd63c27072d11.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2017 at 3:14 PM, mrstimpson38 said:

I've decided to give my son all my Bloodbound (father of the year?), so I'm going to go with pure Khorne Daemons. I think this is the list I'll build up to once my Ironjawz are finished.

And just to say, I opened the Chaos Warhounds today and had to laugh at how simple they'll be to put together. It will be great to model them!

edit: Here's the model I picked up for Karanak! Should go great with the Chaos Warhounds!

La_Guevle_Des_Abysses_painted.jpg.7c401d8d9604cd046e4cd63c27072d11.jpg

Where did you,get that, cool model.

37 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Bloodletters should ONLY EVER be fieled in units of 10 or 30. Having 20 in a unit is complete waste. 

For competative games. 

Though the same can now be said for wanting to go mono Daemon, Mortals such as the Bloodsecrator offer so much, heck, Blades of Khorne offers so much!

Play how you want to :D

3 hours ago, Killax said:

For competative games. 

Though the same can now be said for wanting to go mono Daemon, Mortals such as the Bloodsecrator offer so much, heck, Blades of Khorne offers so much!

Sure.. but please tell me how 2 units of 20 bloodletters are better then one unit of 30 and one unit of 10. Its not competitive play...its smart play. 

18 hours ago, Killax said:

For competative games. 

Agree with @sal4m4nd3r, running two units of 20 means that your opponent only needs to kill one model from either unit to remove your +1 to hit.  Really easy as Bloodletters are a glass cannon unit and most of our opponents has some kind of ranged attack.

By having a unit of 30, your opponent has to kill 11 models to remove your +1 to hit - a much more challenging proposition.  Wouldn't have said competitive play made any difference to this decision.

I've played heaps of games with the following list and not lost one yet, against a variety of armies (including heavy shooting Dark elves) 

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (360)
Skarbrand (400)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)

Battleline
10 x Bloodletters (100)
10 x Bloodletters (100)
30 x Bloodletters (300)
6 x Bloodcrushers (320)
5 x Flesh Hounds (100)

Total: 2000/2000

Units of 10 letters are still choppy if in range of 2 secrators, and the army is actually fast with the stoker and WoK Thirster. 

Archived