Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, kozokus said:

One would argue that you can cast your spells and then plant your banner after :P

I am sure we haven't finished discovering builds in KHORNE. After all, some newly discovered things where there from the begining.

Let's look at the N°10 from the LVO :

A minimum sized Brass stamped + a minimum sized 3 priest gore pilgrim (allright, this one is not new) with a stocker and 5 Khorgorath.

Unseen before.

You could, but feel free to present a build that jams well with it all. It means you are cutting into Bloodthirster slots and/or Bloodletters and/or Blood Warriors. Due to the Bloodsecrator running anything that doesn't improve in melee is a bit of an oddity. 

Rotigus is nice and all with his spell but the true hurt from Nurgle starts when you do that on top of the Cycle Manipulation so that several oppossing support Heroes suffer 2xD3 Mortal wounds, leading to their quick demise. 

The 10th place LVO list is neat but at the same time doesn't do anything unpresented. Gore Pilgrims and Brass Stampede have made their appearances in GH2016 aswell. Khorgorath are a good unit choice for sure but those who have 5+ actually know that allready also :) 

@TheAdequateWargamer we technically cannot at all. Having said that though Nurgle Rotbringers as a faction doesn't excist anymore either. So maby it's supposed to say Nurgle/Maggotkin of Nurgle. We don't know yet ;) ....

This is what I’m playing in my spring league

Might exchange the Chaos Lord on daemonic mount for a Daemon Prince to have something flying for an second option for alfastrike other than Bloodletterbomb 

The alfastrike is at the mercy of the opponent because I’m even trying to win the deploy

Allegiance: Khorne

Leaders
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (330)
- General
- Trait: Slaughterborn 
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Killing frenzy
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Killing frenzy

Battleline
30 x Bloodletters (270)
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
10 x Bloodreavers (70)
- Reaver Blades

Units
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)
1 x Khorgoraths (80)

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Total: 1970 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 141

1 hour ago, gertat said:

This is what I’m playing in my spring leagueMight exchange the Chaos Lord on daemonic mount for a Daemon Prince to have something flying for an second option for alfastrike other than Bloodletterbomb The alfastrike is at the mercy of the opponent because I’m even trying to win the deploy

Looks great to me. Would certainly go for the Daemon Prince.

@Pompe, no worries, they still stack. They arn't the only Prayers who do. What I think becomes more and more odd now is that the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut, Skullcrushers and Mighty Lord of Khorne don't have the Daemon Keyword.

Litterly every Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Slaves to Darkness has the Keyword where it makes sence.

5 minutes ago, Killax said:

Looks great to me. Would certainly go for the Daemon Prince.

@Pompe, no worries, they still stack. They arn't the only Prayers who do. What I think becomes more and more odd now is that the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut, Skullcrushers and Mighty Lord of Khorne don't have the Daemon Keyword.

Litterly every Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Slaves to Darkness has the Keyword where it makes sence.

Completely agree! Would be awsome sauce to get extra attacks on a 6+ for a LoK on Jugger with Gore cleaver.

3 minutes ago, Pompe said:

Completely agree! Would be awsome sauce to get extra attacks on a 6+ for a LoK on Jugger with Gore cleaver.

Absolutely, more important for me though is that we then don't have to oddly force ourselfs into Slaves to Darkness to obtain the Chaos Lord on Daemonic Mount for Blades of Khorne purposes. Note that I'm not hating on either choice but want to highlight how strange it is that still (close to three years in now) several Keyword designs make no sence.

I'm very happy that the Poxbringer has the Wizard Keyword now and yes he logically should have it. So do these 3 particular Blades of Khorne Mortal-Daemon units. 

Going for logical and visually matching Keyword designs should be the core of this game. It's important to me even for non-Matched play games. 

1 hour ago, Pompe said:

27537566_1709065622534005_589334777_o.png?oh=29c53491b5917190b042a721c6df5ed7&oe=5A721DF6

Yeah or we keep it this way and have some fun at it too :P 

I'm contemplating some Mortal model inserts for my Daemon bases so I can remove that silly Daemon Keyword in my Seraphon opponent's turn ;) 

22 hours ago, Killax said:

But it's nice to see that the Bloodstoker can still stack and that the Brazen Rune is actually a bit better as I played with last year! :) 

I'm missing this.  If I have 2 Bloodstokers, I can buff a unit on the run and charge, but how much stuff do we have that can run and charge?  Marauder cav, what else?

Just now, Fireymonkeyboy said:

I'm missing this.  If I have 2 Bloodstokers, I can buff a unit on the run and charge, but how much stuff do we have that can run and charge?  Marauder cav, what else?

Check the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster's Command Ability, since his nice cost reduction in GH2017 I've played around with it and really liked it.

On 1/27/2018 at 8:34 AM, Killax said:

Yeah I doubt the Battalion will be anything too amazing. What I can see happening is that it's a nice bump to Slaves to Darkness but this isn't really the place or space for that discussion.

But I certainly agree, I see close to no use for her. 60 would be a fun filler, 80-100 is the cost I think GW would put on her but in general it doesn't do anything we can't do. Because even at the 60-80 level it's less hazardous to include a Bloodstoker that simply whips a single unit. 

Sure whipping one unit isn't the same as 12" effecting all units but with stuff like the Order Herald by comparison the use for small Hero generals is pretty much gone for Chaos. 

Maybe they go the other way and the Battalion adds Khorne and Totem keywords to her. After all, the photo shows her leading  Blood Reavers.  Maybe then she'd be worth 80 points. But even there.... I doubt it.

14 minutes ago, annarborhawk said:

Maybe they go the other way and the Battalion adds Khorne and Totem keywords to her. After all, the photo shows her leading  Blood Reavers.  Maybe then she'd be worth 80 points. But even there.... I doubt it.

Well the Slaves to Darkness wouldn't even benifit from that. Plus the Facebook video has her leading Skullcrushers and all that aswell. All of these units do not even have a StD Keyword.
I pretty much don't see potential here. Where with the Order I see a ton and with Destruction and Death's you could at least consider it for small point games. 

Thing is really, because it affects StD and not just Chaos it's buffing the oldest parts of lines that have not been included in any of the recent Battletomes. While I understand why they might not want to put Chaos on there at least consider the Mortal Keyword instead which logically can represent any Chaos Mortal tribe.

9 hours ago, Killax said:

Check the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster's Command Ability, since his nice cost reduction in GH2017 I've played around with it and really liked it.

I've never tried Dual Stokers. I usually go with 3 Spriests and Gore Pilgrims.

12 additional inches on a Letterbomb is insane though. I might have to give it a go.

9 hours ago, jazman84 said:

12 additional inches on a Letterbomb is insane though. I might have to give it a go.

Works on WOKBT too of course but also Dogs. And dogs are very underrated.

They are already quite fast and very dangerous (4 attack  3/4+/- each, double of a bloodwarrior) When bloodletters can reach the ennemy turn 1, the fleshounds can touch the guy at the backline (or that pesky raptor unit)

Certainly the inclusion and consideration of Fleshhounds should always be there. Only thing is that usually I will spend those 100 points elsewhere. 
Sometimes I get asked why I run Wrathmongers that often for example, prime reason is that they can act as a secondary much smaller Bloodsecrator attack buff and that buff in itself is relevant in the lategame. But certainly an alternative of Fleshhounds and a Khorgorath isn't a bad choice at all. 

But still looking forward to what Malign Portents has to offer, as it seems now Khorne isn't heavily involved, but is there? We'll see. :) 

On a sidenote, in relation to the latest FAQ/Errata. Mail has been send for the Keywords in regards to Blades of Khorne units who "are with Daemons" but do not have the Daemon Keyword. Units confirmed in narrative that are Daemon aswell as Mortal (or should be seen as that based on 10 other Warscroll examples) are:

- Mighty Lord of Khorne
- Khorgos Khul
- Khorne Lord on Juggernaut
- Skullcrushers of Khorne

Offcourse we could debate again if Valkia or Skarr shouldn't be part of this aswell but what I will also say is that for these two characters in particular the lore isn't as clear cut and/or consistent as it is with Fleshhounds and Juggernauts being daemonic.

Valkia for example didn't start out as a 'daemon princess' in her initial appearances in Warriors of Chaos 7th edition. There her lore confirms that she is gifted with many mutations who make up her appearance and indeed she does not have the Deamonic ability there either. In 8th edition she was not Daemonic either, not do we have confirmation that she is in fact a Daemon princess. The only reference I can find in a website claiming her to be a Daemon Princess would likely be found in her Novel (?) and this website:
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Valkia_the_Bloody
Fasting forward to Age of Sigmar neither Bloodbound Battletome or Blades of Khorne Battletome give enough confirmation that she actually is supposed to be a Daemon Princess...

Skarr on the other hand certainly did start out as a Daemonic Lord, based on his title and lore from 8th edition End Times. Altough in rules he did not have the Daemonic ability (like Valkia) and I truely believe that if there is something in between Mortal and Daemon it would be Skarr. In Age of Sigmar again his lore doesn't really confirm he is either. 

Hope to see the Keywords adressed in the next FAQ, it's always possible this is completely ignored.

9 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Have you guys seen the community page?  Death get an ability where, if an enemy unit is destroyed within 6" of one of their gravesites, they can bring back one of their units on a  4+.  I'm really hoping this is a spell with a ridiculously high casting value.

FMB

It's an ability and 99% likely costs points in Matched play games :) 

1 hour ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

God I hope so.

FMB

34 minutes ago, TheAdequateWargamer said:

So like the death version of pink horrors, but they have to be near a fixed point and get lucky on some dice?

Yeah that's the jest of it. Odd thing is that some Death players don't even see the value in that yet. I am quite certain you have to keep points/unit seperate for it and it isn't guaranteed but if it's kept small and cheap enough it's great for objective holding purposes. It's suprising how sometimes tactical relevancy reflects better outside of the actual player base. 

In general I'd say summonning isn't going to be a massive part of AoS but there are still reasons for it to be considered. Except that we can't even do it unless we have 8 units dead on the table ;) 

It is a minor bonus to their allegiance though, knowing more spells and having that additional 1 on casting rolls are the better parts of the Allegiance. The additional "end of combat phase" summon is just icing on the cake in my opinion. 

Archived