Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

Where you see the dmg 2 on khorgoraths??? I am searching and don't see it anywhere xD

Yeah the cards! :D

The cool thing is that if the Khorgoraths won't be too expensive I think you can make a really cool Khorne Monster Army aswell (soon). To me it also suggests that in the 3 next months the Khorgorath will be available in single box but certainly don't thake my word for it... I mean the Fleshhounds are still not in a plastic box either.

24 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

I hope a box is released, hopefully it will have different options for heads. In the mean time Chaos spawn make good counts as for khorgorath.

Could very well happen! Though I think the non-starter set versions will come out differently as the current static variant. Which is why Im afraid it will thake a while, especially since GW clearly mentioned that BoK isn't recieving additional releases which in my eyes means that the perfect moment for it has passed. Same applies for the plastic Fleshhounds. 

By all accounts a new khorgoraths box is coming but not till the latter part of the year, far too much cool stuff that needs to come out beforehand :)

if the Lord of khorne flesh hound us anything to go by id love a box of new plastic flesh hounds to come out.

Id love that too. It's likely the Fleshhounds will be part of the change to 8th (I think) as I think that Khorne Daemonkin is a very good example of how 40K will also continue in forms akin to Age of Sigmar.

The only thing is that the Khorgorath is technically a Khorne spawn but in the practicle sence isn't and doesn't have any overlap to 40K (yet). The moment that will change could be a really awesome moment though and I believe that the Khorgorath could also be a very cool piece for World Eaters/Khorne Daemonkin in the future.

58 minutes ago, Killax said:

Id love that too. It's likely the Fleshhounds will be part of the change to 8th (I think) as I think that Khorne Daemonkin is a very good example of how 40K will also continue in forms akin to Age of Sigmar.

The only thing is that the Khorgorath is technically a Khorne spawn but in the practicle sence isn't and doesn't have any overlap to 40K (yet). The moment that will change could be a really awesome moment though and I believe that the Khorgorath could also be a very cool piece for World Eaters/Khorne Daemonkin in the future.

Wasn't Khorgorath a native race of monster/animals that Khorne mutated to become Khorne-Monsters? A Spawn its not a specific race, they are just things mutated beyond recognition. I'm correct? 

And yes, I love to buy minimum 3 Khorgoraths! The model its just so cool, but converting the monopose one its beyond my hobby skills :( 

15 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

So I can still use my slaves to darkness khorne and give them all these lovely goodies?

how does it work in the tzeentch book?

Yes, probably you dont have new batallions for him, only the throwed before this date. But you can give him gifts! artifacts and all, like the tzeentch book yes ^^.

I use the fatesworn warband usually and i have 0 problems xD

16 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

So I can still use my slaves to darkness khorne and give them all these lovely goodies?

how does it work in the tzeentch book?

yes.

In the tzeentch book you can choose between 3 sets of items/traits. these are split into Mortal/daemonic/arcanite.

some models contain more than one keyword, for instance the lord on daemonic mount, or some contain all three, gaunt summoners/ chaos lord on flying disk. this allows them to pick items from any list it qualifies for. 

for the lord on daemonic mount can pick ( for khorne ) between mortal items and daemonic items/traits.

we've yet to see the traits or mortal items so i dunno how useful this is yet.

1 hour ago, Galas said:

Wasn't Khorgorath a native race of monster/animals that Khorne mutated to become Khorne-Monsters? A Spawn its not a specific race, they are just things mutated beyond recognition. I'm correct? 

And yes, I love to buy minimum 3 Khorgoraths! The model its just so cool, but converting the monopose one its beyond my hobby skills :( 

I really dont know much about the new lore, the old Chaos Spawn lore allowed for pretty much anythinh to become one, all races and warriors included.

Im hoping for a new kit aswell, it looks great but mono pose remains boring :)

26 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

there is a question i have, if we give the mighty lord of khorne, a new weapon, does he lose his current weapons ability?

I dont think so, as long as it follows the same Gifts logic. All in all this is all upgrades :) I think this is also why the changes arnt too massive as Khorne was allready a very viable mark and general set up. 

I do wonder about more changes, wether or not the Skullcannon would be a great ranged support piece.

What is the Khorne fluff like now? Are they all still frothing at the mouth maniacs or are there some with brains who are able to restrain the rage in there?

Whilst I love the whole martial pride thing I've always been put off Khorne because the consumate warrior is too enraged to do anything but charge in blindly, and as I hear lately, then indulge in a feast of man flesh (even more off putting to me as they were never cannibals originally and I think going back to the 90's they weren't so stupid back in the day just awesome cc fighters). 

If we had an intelligent version I'd be much more interested! :D

38 minutes ago, NoElf said:

What is the Khorne fluff like now? Are they all still frothing at the mouth maniacs or are there some with brains who are able to restrain the rage in there?

Whilst I love the whole martial pride thing I've always been put off Khorne because the consumate warrior is too enraged to do anything but charge in blindly, and as I hear lately, then indulge in a feast of man flesh (even more off putting to me as they were never cannibals originally and I think going back to the 90's they weren't so stupid back in the day just awesome cc fighters). 

If we had an intelligent version I'd be much more interested! :D

Pretty much, but dont let you stop by that. The prime reason I dont bother too much with it is because it isnt the type of fantasy I like.

Reality bending axes are funny but not my cup of tea.

And yes, I love to buy minimum 3 Khorgoraths! The model its just so cool, but converting the monopose one its beyond my hobby skills [emoji20] 

I'm with you here, would love to convert the current khorgie but beyond my skill.

And yes, Khorgoraths are beasts driven mad by Khorne.
141bc8197b29ac463cc7d017771381e5.jpg

So from bob at lady atia:

murderhost battalion:

one bloodletters hero, 3-8 : hounds, letters, crusher, canon. 
Get a 2d6 free move at start. if maxed each hero phase ^^ (yea crazy fast 

regarding banner upgrade:

Reroll 1 or all (if already reroll1)
-Mortalwound around the banner
-reroll charge 

and aparently might Lord Khul of big angry gets:

Goretide is :
khul get a 8" pile in during your hero phase + reroll to hit.
+
in each of your hero phase all units can 1d6" free move you can use to move or charge.

thanks bob, thanks atia. 

6 hours ago, Arkiham said:

yes.

In the tzeentch book you can choose between 3 sets of items/traits. these are split into Mortal/daemonic/arcanite.

some models contain more than one keyword, for instance the lord on daemonic mount, or some contain all three, gaunt summoners/ chaos lord on flying disk. this allows them to pick items from any list it qualifies for. 

for the lord on daemonic mount can pick ( for khorne ) between mortal items and daemonic items/traits.

we've yet to see the traits or mortal items so i dunno how useful this is yet.

Thanks for that, so selfishly since I can't mark the war mammoth like you could in fantasy battle, it would break allegiance if I included it in the army :(

Dear forgeworld, God keywords on the mammoth and skin wolves pleeeease!

That additional speed is key, happy to see it, can almost certainly say that this will be common for competative builds as its the practicle option against ranged attack.

To me the Bloodletters just went up even more in functionality for the functional average. While Marauders are cheaper and so are Bloodreavers but if Bloodletters are still 10 p/m then their quantity remains so solid and that speed is just stunning.

So since we're here and have some spoilers to work on, I'd love to hear and see some thoughts on the Daemonic Gifts!
gift.jpg

From a competative standpoint I think the mayority of the Daemonic Gifts are very good to incredibly awesome. 

Ar'gath, the King of Blades
- Bloodthirster of Intense Rage likes this Gift aswell, as it is a very nice way to have that very functional budget Bloodthirster.
- Daemon Prince of Khorne with Daemonic Axe seems to be auto-hitting Heroes, granted I don't know for certain if the interaction stacks like that. If it does it's still a great HERO killer.
In general the King of Blades is very good for the Khorne Daemons who hit on 4+'s, in my opinion there arn't too many combo's I see now where other than the above 3 the Gift is extremely functional. For both Skarbrand and Daemon Prince the ability to do this is extremely functional however and killing opposing Heroes is allready a good task for the Daemon Prince and a nice additional job for Skarbrand who otherwise basically chews through anything. 

Deathdealer
-  Skullmaster, Bloodmaster models will like this, including Blood Throne
The gift in general is good for practically every budget Khorne Daemon Hero but also something I think is easy to overvalue. In many cases we allready do D3 or D6 wounds on our 'stronger' Khorne Daemon Heroes that might reach an oppossing HERO in time.... I might be wrong but this isn't a gift I bank too much upon for now. Though this can be typically incredible if we see Khorne Daemon Heroes in the future who have a dozen of attacks dealing only 1 damage. 

Khartoth the Bloodhunger
Awesome for those who love to imbue control-ish aspects to Khorne armies. The prime reason why I can't comment much on it now is because it's effect can be decent to great, highly depending on the list and other synergies you brought (including the Blood Thite count). Hope to comment more on this later and point towards great uses for it :).

Hellfire Blade
Very cool that they decided to include this for mainly conversion reasons. Additional Mortal Wounds are always a good choice, though having them on 6's means it's still not the best to depend upon. A very fluffly choice but not the 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick for me.

Harvester of Skulls
- This is good on every Khorne Daemon Hero
Very simple and extremely effective as the weapon is not looking for any specific opponent to trigger it's effect, which in turn means the chances of slaughter increase for all. Simply said amongst the better to best picks. 

Behemoth's Bane
- This is likely the sickest Gift of all :D
The prime reason as to why I think Behemoth's Bane is the best of all is because of the re-rolls we recieve for monsters in this case, which fills a particular role within Khorne that isn't common, while in my opinion Behemoth's (and Behemoth Heroes) are. This can certainly be a meta-analysis that differs for you and your playing group but Ive found that the 'bigger is better' choice is quire common.
Re-rolling wounds and the outcome of such wounds, leading to many of our 6's triggers to be met slightly easier and leading to our D3 to D6 damage monsters to cause obscene carnage.

So to sum it up, I think the best 3 of our Gifts are Ar'gath, Harverster of Skulls and Behemoth's Bane. Deathdealer comes in at the fourth and in general the quality of the chosen 3 Gifts depends on your own personal meta and meta expectations. The simple sum up would be:
- Feel like hunting down Heroes because meta has important Heroes <- Ar'gath, the King of Blades
- Feel like hunting down Behemoths because meta has important Behemoths <- Behemoth's Bane
- Feel like hunting down Units and general massed numbers <- Harvester of Skulls
- Feel like piling the skulls <- Deathdealer

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, Killax said:

stuff

you've used a few named characters. 

aside from bloodthirsters i really do not rate daemon heroes,  so unless battalions make me take some ill pretty much ignore them, i find the mortal heroes do so much more. 

and for the bloodthirsters the only one i can see worth taking is the 2nd personally. 

16 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

you've used a few named characters. 

aside from bloodthirsters i really do not rate daemon heroes,  so unless battalions make me take some ill pretty much ignore them, i find the mortal heroes do so much more. 

and for the bloodthirsters the only one i can see worth taking is the 2nd personally. 

Yep, we'll have to see how much the book mentions on that! If Skarbrand, Karanak and Skulltaker are excluded in the above now.

I like the Deathdealer to, as mentioned, not my favourite (yet). 

Archived