Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Praecautus said:

I was considering her, but with monster generals becoming so popular she may not be the best use of points and is a bit fragile. A juggernaut lord or daemon prince may be a better use of points.

Well, I was thinking about in addition to a a Prince or Jugger Lord.. but yep her fragility is what gives me pause. 

On 1-12-2017 at 5:17 PM, Uveron said:

So! 

Valkia the Bloody! 

Does anyone use her? If so how do they find her? 

I have been considering her as a good hero for Duality of Death.  Shes Fast, Deadly and a Good Save so could be a winning unit for that scenario. 

Used to, but 140 points is just a bit too much for her. 

What I liked about her in GH2016 with The Goretide is that she made a very nice and potent assassin-like Hero. With the ability to fly over others with her small base it wasn't very hard to reach for Wizards and the like to simply thake them out. At 120 points it was a "hit & forget" but not one that had massive issues with being used this way cost wise.

For Duality of Death specifically I think you could still use her but I too have now prefered the Juggerlord, Mightylord or even Daemon Prince, though generally still prefer using a Bloodthirster for the looks and the likes. 

Valkia was really need and likely cost bumped because Skaar was made cheaper but in reality she didn't need the small cost increase because it suddenly puts her at the level of support Heroes which she doesn't really do. The morale effect is okay-ish but not all to relevant because of the Bloodsecrator and the likes.

List context matters above all, I havn't found the points to put her in any list yet.

Yeah well my opinion on that is pretty much the same still, it would indeed be Murderhost, Gore Pilgrims or Bloodmarked Warband and that's basically all the Battalions I can see myself working with with GH2017.

I guess the reason why my focus has been more on Shadespire lately comes from the "Battalion thing" that happend with GH2017. I still hope GH2018 will put a propper cost on it as since the inception of Battalions the costs involved remain extremely odd.

Khorne in my opinion is basically Bloodletters and Slaughterpriests right now. For sure Blood Warriors and Bloodreavers are still cool an so are Bloodthirsters, Skullcrushers and Wrathmongers but that stuff can all be sprinkled in as you like with the former included first :) 

Hello everyone,

I come to you because I start aos and I thought about this list of army for my first games what do you think?

-skulltaker 100 pts

Battle trait unpredictable destruction

Lord of war Command Trait

(For artifact I do not know yet if you have a proposal do not hesitate)

-bloodmaster 80 pts

Again I do not know yet what to add him

-bloodsecrator 120

-30 bloodletters 270

-30 bloodletters 270

- 160 canon skull

-> 1000 pts

I have 3 bloodcrushers and a lord sorcerer of chaos.

Thank you in advance for your remarks / advice

2 hours ago, kozokus said:

BTW, what is your favourite Khorne List at the moment? 

GHB 2017 was both nice and hard with us and most lists now seems to run at least Pilgrim/Murderhost and focus either on Bwarriors/Bloodletters/Khorgoraths, but mostly on demons.

I am a fan of Gore Pilgrims. And its basically what I am painting and collecting at the moment

Murderhost is the best we have, but its the battalion most asking for the Nerf bat in 2018.  If they hit the Gore Pilgrims, there are other formations that use the same models that will become useful (Esp if the price on some of them are dropped slightly) 

I've completed my 1K points of Khorne and would like some advice on taking it to 1500 points.  I began with the starter set, and would like to continue to use all my models. I have an extra slaughterpriest model as well.  I'm not a fan of painting, so lots of little details are annoying Thoughts?

Allegiance: Khorne
Leaders
Khorgos Khul (200)
- General
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Slaughterpriest (100)
Units
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
-Goreaxe & Gorefist
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
-Reaver Blades
2 x Khorgoraths (160)
10 x Chaos Warhounds (80)
- Allies
Total: 980 /1000
Allies: 80 / 200

2 minutes ago, chord said:

I've completed my 1K points of Khorne and would like some advice on taking it to 1500 points.  I began with the starter set, and would like to continue to use all my models. I have an extra slaughterpriest model as well.  I'm not a fan of painting, so lots of little details are annoying Thoughts?

Add the extra Priest and you can get the gore pilgrims battalion. Thats 250pts 

I would then look at may be another 10 Blood warriors (200). Unlocks a better champion weapon for them and more bodies are good. 

For the last 50, I would save it (For when you add the next 500 to take you to 2000) or add a Chaos Spawn. 

1 minute ago, Uveron said:

Add the extra Priest and you can get the gore pilgrims battalion. Thats 250pts 

I would then look at may be another 10 Blood warriors (200). Unlocks a better champion weapon for them and more bodies are good. 

For the last 50, I would save it (For when you add the next 500 to take you to 2000) or add a Chaos Spawn. 

Thanks!   My local meta is big stuff (glotkin, dragon ogres, Beast claw, etc).    usually I throw Khul at the biggest thing they have, but if that doesn't work I'm usually hosed.  

Just now, chord said:

Thanks!   My local meta is big stuff (glotkin, dragon ogres, Beast claw, etc).    usually I throw Khul at the biggest thing they have, but if that doesn't work I'm usually hosed.  

Suggest to either change khorgus to mighty lord of Khorne or lord on juggernaut. Both are 140 and will save you points.

As a result and combined with Uverons suggestions You maybe able to squeeze another khorgorath in or some marauderhorse men or a gore chariot. All will be fun in different ways ?

2 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Suggest to either change khorgus to mighty lord of Khorne or lord on juggernaut. Both are 140 and will save you points.

Yes if you change him to the Mighty Lord of Khorne, you will be able to add another Khorngorath. 

Though with the worry about big things, something has to be said for Bloodletters 

Just now, chord said:

The 60 points for Khul is not worth the extra pile and attack during hero phase as well as the re-roll failed hit rolls?  I was thinking that's like having an artifact on its own.   ?

Good point I will consider! 

True, 

But when he is not Khul you can give them an artifact and trait. So will work out about the same... 

Plus it's easier to cope with the loss of a 140 pt model than a 200pt one. The main reason to take him is that axe and they both have it. As a MLoK you can give him mark of the slayer and double his attacks which means a better chance of that axe doing its thing. Plus you will have something else on the table with the points you saved

31 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Plus it's easier to cope with the loss of a 140 pt model than a 200pt one. The main reason to take him is that axe and they both have it. As a MLoK you can give him mark of the slayer and double his attacks which means a better chance of that axe doing its thing. Plus you will have something else on the table with the points you saved

Great point thanks!

Yeah Khul's prime advantage is that 8"pile up when enemies are near, which then allows him to attack etc. While this is good he's quite easy to kill as a 200 point model. Now becaue of the Battalion cost increases we arn't able to fully replicate him for any decent cost (The Goretide is simply put too expensive for 2K) there is something to be said for Khul I guess?

In any case, I think the regular MLoK is just fine if you intend on using one. If you do want to look into special characters I think Skarr is currently the most cost efficient. Throw him at a horde and see what happens. Perhaps not the easiest to get from a to b but he makes for a fine lightnigh rod aswell if that's what you want him to be.

Still looking forward to if our FW Khorne Dragon will ever be released. I don't expect it this year now...

As a sidenote Im also wondering what you guys did with your Khorgoraths!

The stock for the GW skullset was recently updated and I've been dry fitting some of the skulls on there as I really don't like the regular head that comes with the Khorgorath. For some reason it's a little too much for me (horns, bones, skulls, double facial features etc) and think I like this current combination ever so slightly more.

image.png.4c49590fad6843770cfd8b8b4e633c64.png

Now the thing is, the kit also comes with Bloodletter skulls and these might look even cooler?
After all the Khorgoraths are a construction made by Bloodletters...
I've also seen some really cool Daemonic Prince and Dark Eldar bits being used for it but I do not have the funds or interest to get those to 'pimp' my Khorgoraths. 

Thanks for your insights guys! Looking forward to read what you guys would do.

Had another game recently still using very similar list as before, trying to remain as flexible as possible.

Unfettered Bloodthirster

MLoK

secrator /dispel rune

stoker

2xpriest +1 to hit

2x10 Bwarriors

5 Bwarriors 

20 reavers

2x5 skulltakers

5 wrathmongers

I faced a Tzeentch list  which was designed to overwhelm with spells/shooting. It included a LoC, changeling with vortex, gaunt summoner, sorc Lord on  manticore and 2x6 skyfires.

I was hard pressed to negate the magic even with 3 dispels, rune (which I burnt t1) and a well placed secrator forcing re-rolls. 

What won it for me was an attempted block by him let me gain access to a long bomb charge (3d6 charge from Lord) and a bloodbind on the LoC to move him right in front of the Wrathmongers.

I got doubled turned and facing 2 lots of shooting and magic is not fun, makes me think the double turn thing is not great for tactical play...

@Killax Here's a picture of my Khorgorath, using the  skull from the MLoK headpiece.  I was considering drilling in eye holes but probably won't. You can see that I also moved the tentacle thing off the shoulder to the arm, such that it's symmetrical. I then filled the gap with a piece from the Bloodsecrator spine and added a bit of Greenstuff. I too have been looking through the skulls kit as I want to convert a 2nd khorgorath but haven't yet decided on which skull to use...interested to hear from others.

khorg.jpg

@Render I really like that idea too! Will probably use it for my other Khorgorath also. One Mighty Lord is ready to be cut up anyway, have two, never really see myself using more as one ever.

This is the quick mock up that Ill use. The lower jaw will probably have some tusks comming from either side to make the beast look work.

I like the Bloodletter skull here. Its small but it obviously fits the visual design that well see in a mixed army. 

20171207_215728.jpg

19 hours ago, Killax said:

I like the Bloodletter skull here. Its small but it obviously fits the visual design that well see in a mixed army. 

I like it. 

Though it may be worth to try one of the  large horned skulls from the skulls box (Or as I like to think of it the Khorne conversion kit! ) 

I see a lot of armys and low ppl use the lord of khorne on juggernaut.... Why??

He's a freaking brutal beast. He have 8 wounds at 3+ save with 4+special sace cs spells. But if you give him +1 attack+the gorecleaver, he buffs himself with his command hability, and chargue.... With his hability of do the max damage at6+, For every result of 5+ at the chargue he do 3 mortal wounds, and if not the hits enter with rend -2. 

Why you don't use them? Hes a freaking beast for 140 points. I usually uses blood thithe points to chargue or atack twice.  

9 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

Why you don't use them? Hes a freaking beast for 140 points. I usually uses blood thithe points to charge or attack twice.  

I usually use the MLoK on foot, also 140points but I could see myself swapping him out for variation.

The main reasons I prefer the foot  version are his command ability, activated for 1 tithe point lets 3 units reliably charge. This makes my army faster and gives me a good chance of a turn2 charge and second wave in turn3, reducing the chance of units becoming isolated. The hound gives my army an extra dispel which I like over the increased personal protection of the mounted version and lastly the reality splitting axe is a 1/3 chance of killing any big gribbly, I find this usually keeps opponents honest for a couple of turns.

Archived