Let's chat Disciples of Tzeentch

Nico

1 hour ago, ledha said:

why using kairos and not a classic lord of change ?

I think both where used. Kairos remains a very potent second non-general LoC. 

6 minutes ago, Nico said:

Regarding balance - the wise Pirates of the KO Clown Car fleet are very confident that they beat Changehost lists easily and I'm inclined to agree. This largely revolves around them being 2 drops and the new Changehost plus Kairos list (which is very strong) being 3 drops. They are the best army in the game at the moment (notwithstanding not having pulled off a big win quite yet).

Bonesplitterz are still seriously strong  - Treason plus Infernal Flames plus Battleshock only killed 10 models of a 30 Arrer Block and they can take 3 30s!

They certainly can, though at the same time thats only a great thing ;) I think the beauty of GH2017 is that we seriously see the Allegiances unfold into a drastical ammount of competative viable changes, for not only Bonesplittaz are strong, so are all others who have a larger faction to draw sources upon.

Likewise I think that if Tzeentch players want to shock their opponent they shouldn't be afraid to peak into the updated Slaves to Darkness units. Adding punch to all that Magic is worth a lot and there are several, mainly cavalry, based Slaves to Darkness units that are costed exactly right in order to show a competative preformance.

Mix up and stay ahead of the meta ;) 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nico said:

As someone who took the Slaves to Derping, they aren't great even with rend and even when costed favourably.

Don't say that, I'm just about to put my Warshrine together :P

Nah Tzeentch StD aren't top tier. But taking the mediocre StD units and boosting them up with the great Tzeentch allegiance abilities and Fatesworn puts them firmly into the good casual-competitive tier which is exactly what I want.

9 hours ago, ledha said:

why using kairos and not a classic lord of change ?

I used both. One of each.

I made my list before the GHB17 came out with the new points, while everyone was using 2 LoC's... because they were using Host Duplicitous or whatever version. Not wanting to pay for the one drop in the new cost I focused on just Changehost, and at first didn't include Kairos but after testing and trying him he stuck in the list.

The die swap wins me most games with how important of a roll it can be used for. Usually to auto kill a vital character (changing the mortal wound roll to a 6).

Plus:

• Trolling Mystical.
  • Trolling Charges.
  • Trolling Thundertusks 
  • Trolling unbinds/casts
  • Changing the D3 on Scorched Earth
  • Moving the comet on Starstrike

I think Kairos is useful - the fact his spell gets weaker with damage is very lame though. 

It's big brother EGD of Tzeentch who seems the hardest to justify. You can just squeeze it next to a Changehost. The bad rend is a shame. It would be nice if the Command Ability was +2 or he cast 3 spells or 3 unbinds or a longer unbind - so he had something else distinguishing other than Turbo Gateway.

As with all the EGDs the uncertainty over whether they are named or not leaves a cloud hanging over them.

I don't think he works as a summoning choice. You can give him the -1 to hit in melee Trait and Shield of Fate and use him as a tank.

Hi guys ! 

Wanted to ask what do you think about this roster ? Will it be good on a tournamet?

Allegiance: Tzeentch

Leaders
Lord Of Change (300)
- General
- Trait: Magical Supremacy 
- Artefact: Wellspring of Arcane Might 
- Lore of Change: Tzeentch's Firestorm
The Blue Scribes (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
Herald Of Tzeentch (120)
- Staff of Change 
- Lore of Change: Treason of Tzeentch
Gaunt Summoner (120)
- Artefact: Windshief Charm 
- Lore of Fate: Shield of Fate
Curseling, Eye of Tzeentch (140)
- Lore of Fate: Treacherous Bond

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Unchecked Mutation
10 x Pink Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
- Lore of Change: Bolt of Tzeentch
30 x Tzaangors (450)
- 12x Savage Greatblade
- 18x Savage Blade & Arcanite Shield

Units
30 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (120)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)
10 x Brimstone Horrors Of Tzeentch (40)

Battalions
Changehost (160)

Reinforcement Points (100)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

Im thinking about changeling here but still im not sure if he's that op :P i left some points for balewind or summonning some horrors.

Hy! 

A question for you xD

I don't understand at all the Changeling.

Can he Take or contest an objective when he is in stealth? If an enemy unit go near him  (Like 2"), the changelling must pile and attak him?

I Think the answers are: yes for the first questione  and no for the second. .... But a My fiend don't belive in that xD

Ty for help a noob, 

Manuel

I personally don't think he should be able to simultaneously count as a friendly model to your opponent for all other purposes; and as an enemy model for scoring objectives. A lot of packs routinely house rule it that he cannot score until revealed.

42 minutes ago, 5kaven5lave said:

I don't know the exact wording but isn't it something like he's treated as a member of the enemy army until being revealed? As such he'd be unable to score for your own team. 

Enemy units treat it as part of their own army - that's the wording. As I read it, you treat him as a part of your army, as well as the opponent, which means, you can score with the Changeling.

1 hour ago, Cookiez said:

Enemy units treat it as part of their own army - that's the wording. As I read it, you treat him as a part of your army, as well as the opponent, which means, you can score with the Changeling.

Crikey. Didn't even consider using him to score points. I imagine if I was facing one I'd push a meaty hero onto him pronto. 

RAW he does score even when he's still in "Stealth Mode" however as mentioned above a lot of events house rule that he cannot, along with carrion flying high. 

Its also worth pointing out that in duality of death he cannot setup on the objective anymore the way he could in 2016's 3 places so you may see a revision of house rules but probably not.  In any case its a good idea to check any events rules pack for the specifics :)

21 minutes ago, Nico said:

Well for what it's worth that would mean that your opponent would score with him in their turn.  

That's not the case anymore. The FAQ change only states enemy models as treating him as part of their army, note not friendly, not your opponant.   

His rules set has one of the most complex series of interactions with the rules and it makes him a bit of a pain to figure out what to apply and how.  

Quote of the FAQ for referrence.

Page 118 – The Changeling, Arch-deceiver
Change to:
‘Arch-deceiver: After set-up is complete, you can remove 
the Changeling from the battlefield and set up it up 
again in your opponent’s territory, more than 3" from 
any enemy units. Enemy units treat it as part of their 
own army – they can move within 3" of it but they cannot 
target it with spells or attacks, and so on. If it attacks, 
casts or unbinds a spell, or is within 3" of an enemy Hero
at the end of your opponent’s hero phase, it is revealed 
and this ability no longer has an effect.’

Hello, so i've been looking into running a DoT army and i came across this. Taking that all Pink Horrors are wizards, placing along side the Tzaangors Icon bearer's ability ( take a die of each Wizard (friend or foe) within 9", then pick and enemy within 18" for each 4+ is a MW) 
So if i have 20 unit of pink horrors, i take 20 dice as each PH is a wizard, whether is has one in the unit left, or 20 to start with?   

17 hours ago, PhantomBaz said:

Hello, so i've been looking into running a DoT army and i came across this. Taking that all Pink Horrors are wizards, placing along side the Tzaangors Icon bearer's ability ( take a die of each Wizard (friend or foe) within 9", then pick and enemy within 18" for each 4+ is a MW) 
So if i have 20 unit of pink horrors, i take 20 dice as each PH is a wizard, whether is has one in the unit left, or 20 to start with?   

That basically means - take a die for each unit with a wizard keyword within 9".  So 1 die for a unit of  any amount of pinks. 

On 20/10/2017 at 5:57 PM, Countmoore said:

Hey guys just to let you know I recorded a podcast with AOSshorts. Lot of my thoughts on TZ and changehost in particular. 

That is fast becomming one of my favourite podocasts atm, keep up the good work fellas. 

Archived