The 1k army project, are YOU in?

Darth Alec

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Roostmanuva said:

I'd like to jump in here too. I am going to try and complete 1000 sylvaneth and 1000 mixed nurgle. Spent my day off today making the kurnoth hunters and tree lord. Not sure whether to paint them cherry blossom or autumn, what's people thoughts?

Cherry blossom seems more original with amazing opportunities for the color scheme. dont forget to Post pictures 

5 hours ago, BelgianBeerBear said:

Are you running the ironjawz big mob or just having a BOBB along for the ride?

I plan on using him for now as a megaboss, simple going to build up a larger base so that I can slot him in on his smaller base. Later on however I do want to get a megaboss so he will probably end up as just being a BOBB. Haven't thought about the big mob.

Maybe I should add this to my New Years Resolution! I've almost got a full 1000 points of Khorne Bloodbound painted already, and have about another 1000 points built.. So would it count if I did the other 1000 points?

Or maybe I should do my Beastclaw Raiders? Them I need to build as well!

1 hour ago, Brother Mayhem said:

I'll throw my hat into the ring with 1000pts of Death. How does this work then? Is it for throughout 2017? I have my Khorne stuff for 40k to paint too so my painting time is divided at the moment. 

Just post when you completed something so we can get inspired by your proces and visa versa. ;) 

Here is the Herald I finished just after the Keeper and the first of two units of 10 Daemonettes on foot. The musician is simply a hand holding a horn from the Chaos Warrior sprues while the banner was kitbashed from my bits box. The pole is a Greatsword banner pole and the pointy bits of the Slaanesh symbol are made from laurels taken from the same sprues. The mask is from the Harlequin jetbike sprue and I decided to paint a little mirror to break up the colour a little.

I've sprayed 5 Warriors today so those are next, gonna keep them generic Chaos and am currently thinking grey armour.

Herald01.jpg

Herald02.jpg

Nettes01.jpg

Nettes02.jpg

Nettes03.jpg

Have some more progress on my Tamurkhan's Horde force.  Just finished two squads of Plague ogres.  Talk about fun models to paint!  Each one is like a hero in their own right with the detail on each.  I've been having too much fun painting this army and decided to expand it to 2k.  This is now 780 points done, and I have Tamurkhan himself, Kazakh the Befouled, six Bile Trolls and another gigantic Chaos Spawn to get to 2k.  I just wish forgeworld stuff arrived faster haha.

IMG_2098.JPG

IMG_2099.JPG

IMG_2100.JPG

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

13 minutes ago, Soulsmith said:

@Craptrain I really like the Nurgle Ooze green you used to edge the bases, works really well.

Thank you!  It's actually just Death World Forest, which is also what I used for the lighter green on the Plague Toads, the skin for the Chaos Spawn, Sayl's armor, and the pants of the Plague Ogres.  It's kind of the unifying color in my army so I thought it would be appropriate for the base edges.

On 10.1.2017 at 10:21 PM, Darth Alec said:

Autumn and winter is getting really overdone, IMO. Still looks great, but common. Cherry blossom is still a bit unique. Or you could look into trees that haven't been used yet!

Perhaps getting overdone :) I personally went for autumn because I like to use different kinda colours on different projects and my sylvaneth certainly dont look too unique but Im liking the look of them. Cherry blossom dryads etc are really cool, atleast the few Ive seen in Instagram, very original. I love the look of summer too, with lots of bright greens, and it feels somewhat original too, or then I just havent stumbled into much of summer sylvaneth but man, some of them look amazing.

I'm going to throw my name into this as well. I'm just starting a Rotbringers army after falling in love with Andrew Kings army in White Dwarf. I almost have this one done still have some work to do on the weapons and the sores just thought I would see what you all think.

01BlightKingFront.JPG

01BlightKingBack.JPG

The army is going to be something like this....

Orghotts Daemonspew

2x Rotbringer Sorcerers (one is Festus model)

3x Putrid Blighkings

This might change a little but as of now this will be the start

Archived