Do undead aelves exist?

Smokeyprogg

Okay so I've had a vampire lord on dragon sitting on my side forever and I finally got round to building it and I decided to swap the head for an old dark eldar archon head and it got me thinking about converting a full death army using aelves models, dragon princes for blood knights, regular high elves painted like spirits to use as skeletons etc.

now what I was wondering is would this make sense at all and also would it be a major problem for playing it at comps if I made it completely obvious they are dead and not dark aelves 

For the blood Knights, it seems like more people than not use the Dragon Blades for blood Knights. As for the others i will be interested to hear. I don't go to many tournaments yet, but the big things seem to be 1) right base size for the Warscroll, 2) right weapons/banners etc (WYSIWYG) for the Warscroll, and 3) distinguishable units that are easy enough to tell what's what once you have been told (even better if it could be figured out just generally).

I'm planning on using a whole heap of dark Eldar / Dark elf stuff

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

In fluff terms possibly although even in the old world it seemed rarer. As far as models do however they is currently no model that is specifically an undead a elf.  Could see no problem with you using g one though especially if the weapon load out is the same

In fluff terms possibly although even in the old world it seemed rarer. As far as models do however they is currently no model that is specifically an undead a elf.  Could see no problem with you using g one though especially if the weapon load out is the same

1 hour ago, Ademo said:

595daa5493c3d3f71a2f73f48a2fbc89.jpg
The cursed company from the dogs of war range had a high elf skeleton!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ha!

I love how it really is just a regular head and army on a elf body.

Its head is way to chunky to be a proper elf.

Was that an actual sculpt or a conversion?

From the fiction side of things it always seems that Necromancy is more of a human practice due to there relatively shorter lifespan and magical ambition.  So the more common human Necromancer is probably practicing closer to human bodies. 

^The cursed company were actual sculpts. They look very clunky now as most of them were designed to rank up in a block. 

8 hours ago, Ademo said:

595daa5493c3d3f71a2f73f48a2fbc89.jpg
The cursed company from the dogs of war range had a high elf skeleton!

Loved them! To be honest loved the whole Dogs of war range. The units had so much character (not just backstory but the designs as well) 

Look at that lizardmen on the corner as wel :D 

3 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Was that a joke?

No, Why would you think it that way? Banshees are elven ladies who died with hatred in their hearts so you can always tell that you made the background of your models that way. You know this undead business was in literature long before Games Workshop, even that Gw was founded on DnD models...

1 minute ago, Razorfate said:

No, Why would you think it that way? Banshees are elven ladies who died with hatred in their hearts so you can always tell that you made the background of your models that way. You know this undead business was in literature long before Games Workshop, even that Gw was founded on DnD models...

Yes but just because its based on something dosent mean the lore isent different in the warhammer setting . . . .Isnet that kind of obvious?

This is a warhammer game, with warhammer fluff. It dosent matter how much inspiration it takes from elsewhere. Its not D&D . . . .

I dont mean to be patronising but this is the first time ive EVER heard anyone insist that lore from D&D dictates the lore in warhammer.

3 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Yes but just because its based on something dosent mean the lore isent different in the warhammer setting . . . .Isnet that kind of obvious?

This is a warhammer game, with warhammer fluff. It dosent matter how much inspiration it takes from elsewhere. Its not D&D . . . .

I dont mean to be patronising but this is the first time ive EVER heard anyone insist that lore from D&D dictates the lore in warhammer.

:) Facts:

1 - I do not insist on anything, play as you wish, I only wanted to show a guideline fitting for me. Use it or not:)

2 - You are very patronising

3-You have to relax a bit, but not much. Undead shall hold their vigil.

4-Please DO NOT USE uppercase letters in forums, it is bothersome.

Play nice guys! In terms of spirits, weren't elven souls/spirits brought somewhat in to line with Eldar recently? Ie spirit stones etc to stop slaanesh?

Just a thought as mught mean that we wouldn't necessarily see elven ghosts?

Am not 100% on this by any means and I'm sure someone could fill in the blanks!

s

Just now, Razorfate said:

:) Facts:

1 - I do not insist on anything, play as you wish, I only wanted to show a guideline fitting for me. Use it or not:)

2 - You are very patronising

3-You have to relax a bit, but not much. Undead shall hold their vigil.

4-Please DO NOT USE uppercase letters in forums, it is bothersome.

So you havent actually responded in anyway the is relevant to the conversation.

1. You said "According to DnD" Forgive me for thinking it was a joke to mention something that bares no relevence to the AOS current fluff.

2. I apologized for that. But its very hard not to be for such a statement

3. What?

4. I apologize for up setting you with my scary caps i will use bold in the future.

Just now, Ademo said:

Play nice guys! In terms of spirits, weren't elven souls/spirits brought somewhat in to line with Eldar recently? Ie spirit stones etc to stop slaanesh?

Just a thought as mught mean that we wouldn't necessarily see elven ghosts?

Am not 100% on this by any means and I'm sure someone could fill in the blanks!

The WHFB ones were witches and such. DOnt think it ever specified if this was purely humans or not.

As for AOS i dont think they have gone into that much detail yet . . . . .

Thanks guys, I'm thinking with the whole age of chaos a lot of battles were lost so fluffwise I'm imagining a sole survivor of a battle finding a way to learn necromancy returning to raise the fallen army to get revenge on the living be it chaos who killed them or sigmar etc who abandoned them I'm gonna run with it and if people aren't okay with it in competitive just use it as a high aelves army 

9 hours ago, Smokeyprogg said:

Thanks guys, I'm thinking with the whole age of chaos a lot of battles were lost so fluffwise I'm imagining a sole survivor of a battle finding a way to learn necromancy returning to raise the fallen army to get revenge on the living be it chaos who killed them or sigmar etc who abandoned them I'm gonna run with it and if people aren't okay with it in competitive just use it as a high aelves army 

I'm a fan of the Age of Chaos being host to a thousand battles and lost empires that no-one is left to remember. Think of all the ruins and armies of corpses scattered across the lands...

Archived