Contents of the new boxes?

Gorsk

28 minutes ago, Gorsk said:

My guess is Skarr Bloodwrath as the hero with two axes and was in the original expansion.

Skarr was in the original. The Aspiring Deathbringer was added. What's funny is the original is still available on the Canadian GW store at least. If they kept that up they'd have two near identical boxes.

99120201044_AOSKhorneBloodBoundExpansion

15068989_544128712450593_598453919306495

225 € khorne bloodbound, repeating units with the start collecting and initial box VS 278 € from stormcast only repeating 10 liberators (cause the paladins have all options and you can mount it like a protectors etc).

Khorne bloodbound box is the worst of the 4, they  must add 3 skullcrushers or someting at the box

The silvaneth box are 246 €. And if you pick start collecting box they dont repeat any unit with his start collecting.

And the ironjawz box was 256 €, but repeat the megaboss and Gore gruntas with the start collecting, and the gargant isnt too much ironjaw xD.

For me the best box is the stormcast box, followed for the silvaneth box by close, and the 3d place is for Ironjawz box, and the words of the 4 is the Khorne bloodbound box, but if you have only the starter kit (if you dont bought the start collecting khorne bloodbound box) isnt so bad too.

I do agree that this is probably the most disappointing out of the sets - no behemoth for starters, but also a lot of duplication from the SC and starter set.  I'd have preferred to see something that we currently can't buy (e.g. Bloodsecrator, Blood Stoker, Khorgorath) and a proper centrepiece model such as a Bloodthirster or StD monster of some kind.  Quite sad as I was looking forward to these sets (although the Ad Mech one is nice ;))

2 minutes ago, Wraith01 said:

I count 39 figures and see Skarr Bloodwrath on the new Khorne box cover image. 

There's an aspiring deathbringer next to Skarr that makes 40

4 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

And the ironjawz box was 256 €, but repeat the megaboss and Gore gruntas with the start collecting, and the gargant isnt too much ironjaw xD.

The Start Collecting Ironjawz box comes with the Warchanter, not the Megaboss - so I think this matches up quite well. You'll get all three characters, and the only duplicates are Gore Gruntas (but that's no bad thing).

Agree the Gargant seems a bit random, but I've seen a conversion where he had an actual iron jaw, so that would work :-D

Brob+close.jpg

Yeah, I noticed... Thanks.

Also the Bloodreavers and BloodWarriors are different sculpts then the ones in the starter set. It's an interesting product for me since I only have the starter set and this could bring me to 2k points. But I agree it would have been more enticing if it had a BloodThirster or Skarbrand.

53 minutes ago, Wraith01 said:

Yeah, I noticed... Thanks.

Also the Bloodreavers and BloodWarriors are different sculpts then the ones in the starter set. It's an interesting product for me since I only have the starter set and this could bring me to 2k points. But I agree it would have been more enticing if it had a BloodThirster or Skarbrand.

Yes, but if u picked the start collecting, like me, you only can be insterested on bloodreavers (if you dont bought 2 starterbpacks, like me haha) wrstmongers and scaar, and is the cheapest box of the 4. 

I see it only interesting for the ppl who dont bought the start collecting khorne bloodbound.

i think every box is great, you already get around 40% discount if you buy separately. as for khorne, it seems GW encourages people to buy the original starter set, doesn't mean it's a bad thing. since it mostly cheaper anyway. i don't know the reason for khorgorath either, GW might forget about him lol. but for secrator and mightylord, GW seems want to make them a unique hero (khorgos khul and his personal secrator) but somehow is not unique. and i'm excited since thankfully i didn't buy the old expansion (125 pounds) and now they re-releases it with even cheaper price (100 pounds) and an extra aspiring deathbringer

2 hours ago, Nico said:

A pointed formation containing the Celestant Prime could go some way to rejuvenating this under-loved hero. I believe he is in some other formations, but those don't have points.

Agreed,  So many formations need to have points assigned to them.

On 11/16/2016 at 5:02 PM, Nico said:

A pointed formation containing the Celestant Prime could go some way to rejuvenating this under-loved hero. I believe he is in some other formations, but those don't have points.

I haven't got anyone playing Stormcast local to me. Is he falling by the wayside for people taking the stardrake?

Archived