Worst units in Chaos.

Broken Netcode

What about skaven players? What do you think is the worst? Beastmen players I want you too! 

This isnt a discussion on what to never buy. This is a discussion on what could use a change for the next edition. What could make those units we discuss actually able to compare with other units on the tabletop. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nico said:

Pink Horrors can tick three boxes for a Khorne Bloodbound army - Battleline Unit, Wizard for Mystic Shield and some pew pew.

Then it's not a Khorne Bloodbound army anymore...  Just a Chaos army.

topic: Chaoshounds Are really bad, if there werde Battleline, ist would be ok.

What makes Tzaangor so terrible?

I thought the warscroll looked neat. I've never even seen a point cost for them though, are they so overcosted?

I've been hoping to build a Tzaangor heavy Tzeentch force if they get a proper kit, so them being real bad would be a bit of a bummer (though GW has just shown that they aren't afraid to overhaul individual warscrolls).

7 hours ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

Mechanically, there's no difference, yeah?  I mean, there's no specific advantage to be gained from a Khorne allegiance.  You pretty much are Chaos anyways.

FMB

No, there is no difference for the player (right now without a Battletome), but i think Khorne himself is angry for taking a wizard ?

12 minutes ago, shadowgra said:

Rotbringer sorcerer costs like a normal sorcerer and has no daemonic power/oracular visions.

He sucks really really bad

I don't remember the tz one but if i am not wrong it shoots decently (he is squishy tho)

The Chaos Sorcerer Lord cost 140, the Rotbringer Sorcerer is 100. So you do pay for the (nice) extra abilities of the Chaos Sorcerer Lord.

I find alot of units that look terrible on paper are often my most useful, whether they are the worst units is down to how they are played. Though on pure statlines, ungors are crud, they still manage to consistently outperform everything else in my army. A unit is only bad if you play it badly, I'd take these suggestions with a pinch of salt.

^ Truth. That being said, there ARE units better off left on the shelf, if only to free up the points. I don't have much use for Heralds (except tzeench).

Lots of points for little return IMO. Heralds that are mounted ON something can be good (slaanesh, and tzeench again)

But all of this really only matters in match play. Open and narrative are entirely different.

I also think that the chaos sorcerer lord is overpriced. Soft 5+ save, 5 wounds, single spell. If you're having to pay the extra 20 points for the mount, make him 120 when on foot.

I still think the rot bringer is a bargain. Even tho his sig spell is short range, everything else, (shield and bolt) are 18". He heals, has more wounds to start and has the potential to gain even more.

Pair him up with a harbinger and you have a nice little combo.

For 100 points, I find him in my lists pretty often, especially battalions like Blightgaurd (which he MUST be part of, and plague touched).

Very useful IMO.

His biggest problem is that he is SLOW!

There's a few units I would disagree with that have been mentioned, but it's ultimately down to play style. Some people can get things to work much better than others, units I thought were useless a few months ago and would never take all of a sudden can have me reaching for my wallet to get 3 boxes. 

A great example of this for me would be bullgors and ghorgons, I just can't seem to make them work, and they sit on my shelf collecting dust. That said, there are plenty of people around who are quite good at playing their warherds, and swear by them. 

One unit I am struggling to work out though is the razorgor, after having them be so incredibly effective in 8th edition to what they are now is quite the conundrum. I refuse to let my dear Pumba be relegated from the list, but I struggle to see it's effectiveness now. Just need to think more I guess.

5 hours ago, Johann said:

No, there is no difference for the player (right now without a Battletome), but i think Khorne himself is angry for taking a wizard ?

I figure, if Khorne cares not from whence the Blood flows, he won't care if I take steps to make sure it's the other guys who bleed, you know?

9 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

What makes Tzaangor so terrible?

I thought the warscroll looked neat. I've never even seen a point cost for them though, are they so overcosted?

I've been hoping to build a Tzaangor heavy Tzeentch force if they get a proper kit, so them being real bad would be a bit of a bummer (though GW has just shown that they aren't afraid to overhaul individual warscrolls).

Me too, imagine my disappointment! I had a post  a while ago about this and others, basically they don't kill anything and they lack synergy with other units due to being gors, to my knowledge they don't get any benefits from that army as well as being excluded from benefits from other things that could help them. I could have been using them incorrectly, but there seemed better units for the roles they could play. You cannot technically take them in competitive play btw, the GW sheet for points say they count as Bestigors, I don't play competitively but I use points in my games so I use that as the point cost. I think they are probably better as Bestigors anyway.   

silver tower points.jpg

11 hours ago, Tasman said:

What war scrolls have been overhauled?

Most notably and recently, the Balewind Vortex.

20 minutes ago, Rodiger said:

Me too, imagine my disappointment! I had a post  a while ago about this and others, basically they don't kill anything and they lack synergy with other units due to being gors, to my knowledge they don't get any benefits from that army as well as being excluded from benefits from other things that could help them. I could have been using them incorrectly, but there seemed better units for the roles they could play. You cannot technically take them in competitive play btw, the GW sheet for points say they count as Bestigors, I don't play competitively but I use points in my games so I use that as the point cost. I think they are probably better as Bestigors anyway.   

silver tower points.jpg

That should work out alright then, they are currently a part of a near nonexistent faction, so the lack of synergy is to be expected. I guess we will see when Arcanites arrive, which propably won't be to long (I'd guess Q1 2017).

50 minutes ago, Fireymonkeyboy said:

I figure, if Khorne cares not from whence the Blood flows, he won't care if I take steps to make sure it's the other guys who bleed, you know?

Too much Offtopic, so last post here from me, even it's fun talking about what Khorne likes:

it is the way round, he don't care who is bleeding, as long as they are bleeding from axes/swords on the battlefield and fight like soldiers, not with magic. If you kill with magic in the name of khorne, you will never become a Khorne demon prince ?

On 12/11/2016 at 1:51 AM, Double Misfire said:

Pink Horrors? Pink Horrors for 140 points under rules of one anyone?

Hide contents

There are no bad units, only overcosted ones. ;) 

Pink horrors are great! Shooting, casting and unbinding, and they count as your battleline! Who else can field battleline wizards? They'll be even better when we get points for blue horrors. 

I'd say chaos spawns are pretty poor again in this edition. I started building a load of tzeentch themed ones when AoS dropped. Then I played with them and stopped building. 

Archived