Belakor thoughts

Trav

Yeah, my bad. His sig spell is really pretty good.  I was also looking at a different war scroll when I typed that first response. That's what I get for multi-tasking!:P

The striders are a very nice unit. Any way you can run 10?

I ran 10 of them and after two turns they were putting out 3 attacks per.

I used to think highly of him, but now I feel he's over priced, hes like a 200 point model 240 is too much for what he provides. his spell isn't offensive, his armour save is average and his damage output is comparable to a normal daemon prince,  potentially weaker than a khorne one. 

His special ability is potentially good. but it's only once per game. and then nothing could happen.

He was the first nd greatest daemon prince, his profile should reflect that 

his armour save is average 

He can stand in cover as he's not a monster and troll a 3+ rend immune save.

His special ability is potentially good. 

Assuming that the unit has to at least charge and attack it's a 75% lockdown. If it has to move, charge and attack it's a 7/8 lockdown. It lasts the whole Battleround too.

I think the problem is that the Daemon Prince is unmitigated garbage for what (I gather) used to be an amazing unit in 8th.

59 minutes ago, Nico said:

He can stand in cover as he's not a monster and troll a 3+ rend immune save.

Assuming that the unit has to at least charge and attack it's a 75% lockdown. If it has to move, charge and attack it's a 7/8 lockdown. It lasts the whole Battleround too.

I think the problem is that the Daemon Prince is unmitigated garbage for what (I gather) used to be an amazing unit in 8th.

Aha , I just assumed every behemoth was also a monster.

An yeah dp in 8th was pretty good, but only really for cacophonic choir. I preferred discolord 

I'm not sure how I feel about Be'Lakor in matched play.

Part of the problem comes from the 3 rules of one. Now that you can only cast each spell once, Be'Lakor can feel like a bit of a trap at times. With only one casting of Mystic Shield, you need to be very mindful of what unit is going to be targeted each round. Double turns also add to the issue because what may be a target this turn, might then turn out to be Be'Lakor next turn.

The best things about him I think are the fact he flies, ignores rend and has 6 rend -2 damage 2 attacks. He's a really good beastick for putting Daemonic Power on.

Minor things I like are his ability to cast 2 spells (Enfeeble though I haven't found a good use for yet) and his ability to control units (I haven't used it well though and very rarely seems to go off).

Things I dislike are his heal ability. I find that in my meta very rarely do things actually flee from battleshock, so he never really gets to heal anything back.

However, Be'Lakor is the heart and soul of my Slaves to Darkness army. So he's definitely something I'm keeping around and using at this point.

It does not have the monster keyword in the app

So i guess he gets the cover and this is a huge benefit

I personally think he is one of the most cost efficient characters in the entire chaos alliance, since he hits hard, has a high chance of immobilizing an enemy unit (imagine a nagash that needs to roll for every action, but also thanquol, gordrakk, alarielle, mannfred, 10 retributors ecc)

Also he has a chance to heal himself, ignores rend, has a decent spell that allow him to reduce the damage of an hammer unit, and also he can cast a second spell (he reaches 2+ in cover with shield). He hates m wounds but hey it's only a 280 points character so no worry. The only downside is that he has no useful keywords for sinergy

1 hour ago, shadowgra said:

It does not have the monster keyword in the app

Unfortunately this is due to the app being a bit ****** at not having the most up-to-date Scrolls.

As @Tasman says he's listed as a monster in the Grand Alliance book.

The warscroll under his model on the GW site also has the updated Monster scroll;

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-chaos-belakor-en.pdf

4 minutes ago, Tasman said:

For whatever reason, reloading the scrolls on the app seems to rarely, if ever, work. Maybe GW intends to bolster sales of the different Alliance faction books. Or am I being too cynical?

Nah it works. I just did it for the Knight Veritant (he just got nerfed to dispell only ONE spell) and it worked.

Archived