Khorne Army

TalesOfSigmar

Was wondering whether I could get some feedback on the following Khorne Army I'm building it's more for a Narrative event of a Skarbrand led Khorne Rebellion but wanting to expand it into matched play in the future.

Leaders
Skarbrand (400)
- General
- Trait: Great Destroyer
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Bloodthirster Of Insensate Rage (280)
Skullmaster, Herald of Khorne (100)
Bloodsecrator (120)
Bloodstoker (80)
Sayl The Faithless (160)

Units
Bloodletters x 30 (300)
Bloodcrushers x 6 (320)
Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Meatripper Axes
Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Meatripper Axes

Total: 2000/2000

20 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

you'll have a hard time explaining narratively that sayl is hanging around and using magic around skarbrand and an entire army of khorne followers an daemons. 

but. the list looks alright 

Cheers, I've got a good 1,000 word mini-story of why Sayl is working with Skarbrand and the Khorne Rebellion so hopefully it'll make sense.

Can't disagree with @Arkiham, having a finger wiggler in a Khorne army doesn't quite work from a fluff perspective.  I'd probably think about using Mighty Skullcrushers rather than Bloodcrushers as they're the same points but hit slightly harder (with a better save), but that would mean you'd have more mortals than daemons then

Yeah as I've said I do have a backstory for that which I'll be posting on the Realm Hoppers campaign.

I wanted to keep it majority Daemons with a smattering of the 'lower' sections of Mortal Bloodbound. The potential Mortal Wound output on the Bloodcrushers were my choice fo them, plus I prefer the models with the Bloodletters on top rather than the Chaos Warriors.

11 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Yeah as I've said I do have a backstory for that which I'll be posting on the Realm Hoppers campaign.

I wanted to keep it majority Daemons with a smattering of the 'lower' sections of Mortal Bloodbound. The potential Mortal Wound output on the Bloodcrushers were my choice fo them, plus I prefer the models with the Bloodletters on top rather than the Chaos Warriors.

Can't fault that.  The Juggernauts are easier to paint too as the blood warriors backside is molded onto the jugger :P 

Unfortunately Skarbrand can't have artifacts and abilities. Other than that the list looks fine but I would change a few things. 20 reavers won't last long consider bumping the units up to 30, switch bloodcrushers to skullcrushers. I'm also not huge on skull masters tbh. I just feel like he could be something else. I really think you need another blood secrator.

I understand the list is meant for a narrative event so those changes might not mix well. My suggestions are based entirely on if you made a competitive matched play list.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived