Necron Tomb-Kings

Ander

Hey there!

I am thinking of starting a new Army using converted Necrons as tombKings, maye tomb kings in the realm of metal? Adding ropes, scullks, some rust...Of course all the "guns" should go. The color scheme could still be the usual tomb king gold+blue/red.

Some ideas:

• Chariots - Tomb Blades + Canoptek Wraiths (horses)
  • Sepulcral Stalkers - Canoptek Wraiths
  • Casquet of soulds - Catacomb comand  barge
  • Tomb King - Necron Overlord with Warscythe
  • Tomb Guard - Lych Guard
  •  

what do you think? any other ideas? anyone has tried something similar?

Well I mean, it all depends on how much conversion you want to do.

You could spend as much time as you want/can on adding things like bandages/cloth to the Necrons to make them more classically  Tomb King-y, that really just depends on you.

You could also, as was mentioned above, play them as Tomb Kings in the Realm of Metal, where they were skeletons cast or coated in metal, so then maybe the bandage elements aren't as important.

Either way, super cool idea, I love Necron models and I think that you could do something really neat with them as they are pretty much Tomb Kings in Space already.

It could work, but I worry you can't get away from the Sci-fi look enough. You also need a lot of spare weapons and shields. Also the necrons are positioned holding big guns, so it might look odd.

i'd suggest buying one box of warriors and give it a try. 

13 hours ago, elfhead said:

It could work, but I worry you can't get away from the Sci-fi look enough. You also need a lot of spare weapons and shields. Also the necrons are positioned holding big guns, so it might look odd.

i'd suggest buying one box of warriors and give it a try. 

I don't think you need to get away from it that much. Because of the endless realm... every wierd looking thing can have it's purpose. But agreed, do a test batch first ;)

Archived