How many release "waves" have each faction recived?

I've been wondering about the prospect of future Darkoath miniatures (greedy but I do like speculating about future minis) beyond what they just received (want some ashstalkers :) ) and couldn't help but wonder about the amount of release 'waves' for each faction if anybody knows. It's clear that Stormcasts have seen numerous waves of releases, Nighthaunts have had one since release. But in contrast, Fyreslayers haven't experienced a substantial 'wave' since their initial launch (have gotten a warband and some character releases). I do believe Lumineth realmlords are set up for more waves with 'Tyrionic' themed lumineth but dont know what other factions have a clear setup for new minis. Does anyone know how many 'waves' different factions have received and which factions have some setup for another 'waves' like the Lumineth?

Posted (edited)

I'm excluding lonesome Hero releases, Endless Spells/Terrain and Warcry/Underworlds unless they were part of a bigger model wave. I could also have gotten some of these wrong:

• Stormcast = 6 (1st ed launch, Vanguard wave, Extremis Chamber wave, 2nd ed launch, 3rd ed launch, 4th ed launch)
  • Cities of Sigmar = 1 (2023 Battletome) 
  • Daughters of Khaine = 1 (2018 Battletome)
  • Fyreslayers = 1 (2016 Battletome)
  • Idoneth Deepkin = 1 (2018 Battletome)
  • Kharadron Overlords = 1 (2017 Battletome)
  • Lumineth Realm-Lords = 2 (2020 Battletome, 2021 Battletome)
  • Seraphon = 1 (2023 Battletome)
  • Sylvaneth = 2 (2016 Battletome, 2022 Battletome)

• Beasts of Chaos = lol, lmao, even.
  • Blades of Khorne = 1 (1.0 launch)
  • Disciples of Tzeentch = 1 (2017 Battletome)
  • Hedonites of Slaanesh = 1 (2021 Battletome)
  • Maggotkin of Nurgle = 1 (2017 Battletome - although the 40k Daemons may have gotten the models first?)
  • Skaven = 1 (4th ed launch)
  • Slaves to Darkness = 4 (Varangard Battletome, 2019 Battletome, 2023 Battletome, Darkoath supplement)

• Flesh-eater Courts = 1 (2024 Battletome)
  • Nighthaunt = 2 (2nd ed launch, 2022 Battletome)
  • Ossiarch Bonereapers = 1 (2019 Battletome)
  • Soulblight Gravelords = 1 (2021 Battletome) 

• Gloomspite Gitz = 2 (2018 Battletome, 2023 Battletome)
  • Ogor Mawtribes = 0 
  • Orruk Warclans = 3 (Ironjawz Battletome, 3rd edition launch, Ironjawz supplement)
  • Sons of Behemat = 1 (unless you count King Brodd, then 2).

Blades of Khorne and Maggotkin you could possibly classify the End Times stuff as it's own 'wave' since those models were probably designed with AoS in mind, but I've left them off just because they were technically Fantasy releases. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Posted (edited)

I think khorne had 2, Lumineth had 3 (like their new unit) and Soulblight 2 waves but those were smaller waves indeed. 

edit: basically any force but SC and Slaves would be deserving of another wave right now, some smaller, some bigger. 😇 And don‘t get me started on Ogors… and especially not on Beastmen!

Edited by MitGas
I wanted to write more stuff
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I'm excluding lonesome Hero releases, Endless Spells/Terrain and Warcry/Underworlds unless they were part of a bigger model wave. I could also have gotten some of these wrong:

• Stormcast = 6 (1st ed launch, Vanguard wave, Extremis Chamber wave, 2nd ed launch, 3rd ed launch, 4th ed launch)
  • Cities of Sigmar = 1 (2023 Battletome) 
  • Daughters of Khaine = 1 (2018 Battletome)
  • Fyreslayers = 1 (2016 Battletome)
  • Idoneth Deepkin = 1 (2018 Battletome)
  • Kharadron Overlords = 1 (2017 Battletome)
  • Lumineth Realm-Lords = 2 (2020 Battletome, 2021 Battletome)
  • Seraphon = 1 (2023 Battletome)
  • Sylvaneth = 2 (2016 Battletome, 2022 Battletome)

• Beasts of Chaos = lol, lmao, even.
  • Blades of Khorne = 1 (1.0 launch)
  • Disciples of Tzeentch = 1 (2017 Battletome)
  • Maggotkin of Nurgle = 1 (2017 Battletome - although the 40k Daemons may have gotten the models first?)
  • Skaven = 1 (4th ed launch)
  • Slaves to Darkness = 4 (Varangard Battletome, 2019 Battletome, 2023 Battletome, Darkoath supplement)

• Flesh-eater Courts = 1 (2024 Battletome)
  • Nighthaunt = 2 (2nd ed launch, 2022 Battletome)
  • Ossiarch Bonereapers = 1 (2019 Battletome)
  • Soulblight Gravelords = 1 (2021 Battletome) 

• Gloomspite Gitz = 2 (2018 Battletome, 2023 Battletome)
  • Ogor Mawtribes = 0 
  • Orruk Warclans = 3 (Ironjawz Battletome, 3rd edition launch, Ironjawz supplement)
  • Sons of Behemat = 1 (unless you count King Brodd, then 2).

Blades of Khorne and Maggotkin you could possibly classify the End Times stuff as it's own 'wave' since those models were probably designed with AoS in mind, but I've left them off just because they were technically Fantasy releases. 

Even sorted after Grand Alliance :). I’d say the end times stuff counts towards AoS if only because Creative Assembly has not added those units to Total Warhammer.

14 minutes ago, MitGas said:

I think khorne had 2, Lumineth had 3 (like their new unit) and Soulblight 2 waves but those were smaller waves indeed. 

edit: basically any force but SC and Slaves would be deserving of another wave right now, some smaller, some bigger. 😇 And don‘t get me started on Ogors… and especially not on Beastmen!

A pessimist might worry that Ogors are also at risk to suffer the fate of the beastmen. An optimist will hope for either a great reinvention of the faction or updated miniatures across the range. 

Seeing the amount of release waves while they seem somewhat skewed for certain factions they are more balanced across Grand Alliances if you count out the favourites (Slaves to Darkness and Stormcast Eternals) with order factions favoured a bit more in the amount of factions.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about ogors. Many of the same folks who "suggested" the BoC and Bonesplittez departure are "assuming" a total range refresh this edition for the big bellied boys (and hopfully girls). I sincerely hope the CoS warhulk is the design framework they go off of in terms of scale, etc. That model is dope!

If a whole army drops like that I'm instantly on board. 

8 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

for the big bellied boys (and hopfully girls). 

If female ogors are as pleasing to the eyes as their male counterparts, I‘m not sure if I want to see that! 😂 That single new hunter hero looked like something out of that hillbilly flick with Desmond Harrington and Eliza Dushku, in other words uglier and scarier than some Nurglite! 

Before someone takes it the wrong way: no, I‘m not against female ogors, I‘m just worried that they look too much like male ogors.😅

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ZarFranz said:

Even sorted after Grand Alliance :). I’d say the end times stuff counts towards AoS if only because Creative Assembly has not added those units to Total Warhammer.

A pessimist might worry that Ogors are also at risk to suffer the fate of the beastmen. An optimist will hope for either a great reinvention of the faction or updated miniatures across the range. 

Seeing the amount of release waves while they seem somewhat skewed for certain factions they are more balanced across Grand Alliances if you count out the favourites (Slaves to Darkness and Stormcast Eternals) with order factions favoured a bit more in the amount of factions.

I would add CoS to the list of favourites since the new release as they tend to get more protagonism over SCE lately.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

If female ogors are as pleasing to the eyes as their male counterparts, I‘m not sure if I want to see that! 😂 That single new hunter hero looked like something out of that hillbilly flick with Desmond Harrington and Eliza Dushku, in other words uglier and scarier than some Nurglite! 

Before someone takes it the wrong way: no, I‘m not against female ogors, I‘m just worried that they look too much like male ogors.😅

Simpsons angry mob torches Meme Generator

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, MitGas said:

Blood Bowl has already been there.... 

images (3).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

On 5/5/2024 at 3:03 PM, Clan's Cynic said:

Hedonites had 2 waves : april 2019 (BT + demons) and february 2021 (BT + mortals)

7 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I really think GW had some big plans with all Daemons. I think they are planning a dual release with 40k and update all Daemons in one go.

Yeah, that's what the rumour says at least for the ones that have been silently retired.

Just now, Ejecutor said:

Yeah, that's what the rumour says at least for the ones that have been silently retired.

Yes and they also have received almost no updates at all. Could be a massive update. Could it be that GW is going to remove all Daemons from the chaos armies and only keep the mortal parts? I dont think so because some like the pink horrors are really iconic pieces. The thought crossed my mind though. 

4 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

What rumours? Really hopeful and interested in future deamon release and what indications it could have for a shared miniature line across Aos and 40k.

4 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

Yes and they also have received almost no updates at all. Could be a massive update. Could it be that GW is going to remove all Daemons from the chaos armies and only keep the mortal parts? I dont think so because some like the pink horrors are really iconic pieces. The thought crossed my mind though. 

Been concerned about this since GW seems very averse to different ranges sharing minis.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ZarFranz said:

What rumours? Really hopeful and interested in future deamon release and what indications it could have for a shared miniature line across Aos and 40k.

There's some demons that have been silently removed from the store and someone here said that there's a rumour about them being released with their new 40k codexes, so they would be renewed via 40k.

11 hours ago, Gitzdee said:

I damn well hope not! I love my Daemons. 

As for them all getting an update... well, it'd be nice, but that's a huge number of kits that need re-doing. More likely they'll just fill the couple of gaps in the current range, like the Viceleader.