TOW 1.0 - Dark Elves

I don't have anything profound to say, but I do love me some Dark Elves.

Actually, here's a question: had anyone considered buying Krethusa and using her as a Sorceress on Dark Pegasus? Do people think she would fit aesthetically, or is she too weird?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Actually, here's a question: had anyone considered buying Krethusa and using her as a Sorceress on Dark Pegasus? Do people think she would fit aesthetically, or is she too weird?

I think this would look great and it's a perfect substitute for a sorceress on dark pegasus. It would be a real centerpiece for the army.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

I’m thinking of doing exactly this!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

I did :D it’s just a lot of effort to make her work in AoS and TOW

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

I did :D it’s just a lot of effort to make her work in AoS and TOW

I'm too lazy to try to find a way to make my models do double duty, so my AoS and TOW armies are completely separate. No DoK or whatever the Dark Elves in CoS are called for me: it's all Druchii all the way.

My other option is using her wings on a decent horse miniature to create a Dark Pegasus, but I haven't identified the right horse for that. Ideally it'd be a little larger than the Dark Rider horses, and have an aggressive, feral look. Then I could use other parts from her to create a Sorceress.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JerekKruger said:

decent horse

There're no decent horses that don't require major changes to work.
Maybe the Marshal on Horse's horse (can'T remeber how many parts where glued "into" the horse)

Edited by JackStreicher

30 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

There're no decent horses that don't require major changes to work.
Maybe the Marshal on Horse's horse (can'T remeber how many parts where glued "into" the horse)

Yeah that's kinda where I am at the moment. Ideally I want an unarmoured horse, and there just aren't any that work.

• 3 weeks later...

Are there any changes for Dark Elves? They said to download the new doc, so I did. I was eager to see if they had changed Murderous. Unfortunately not. I didn't notice anything else, but I'm bad at spotting changes.

Speaking of Murderous, what is the situation where you would want to give up your 2nd hand weapon to use it?

1 hour ago, GhostShark said:

Speaking of Murderous, what is the situation where you would want to give up your 2nd hand weapon to use it?

If you have a large fighting rank and the gain in attacks from models not in base to base is closely similar to what you would have with 2 hand weapons, I guess. I doubt it's very common, TBH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GhostShark said:

Are there any changes for Dark Elves? They said to download the new doc, so I did. I was eager to see if they had changed Murderous. Unfortunately not. I didn't notice anything else, but I'm bad at spotting changes.

From reddit:

2E39000E-F35B-4D57-ADC4-D28C3725BFC3.jpeg

• Like 1

Cursing word is disappointing. But it was probably never meant to be that powerful. Still, I'm not sure of its very attractive now.

Murderous is just frustrating. I feel like it really shouldn't have the restrictions, since it feels like we're paying for the ability but never getting to actually use it.

7 hours ago, GhostShark said:

Murderous is just frustrating. I feel like it really shouldn't have the restrictions, since it feels like we're paying for the ability but never getting to actually use it.

Agreed. At the moment, basically the only unit that will always benefit from it are Sorceresses (which, great I guess, but I don't really want my Sorceress in melee). Everything else that has the rule will almost certainly have a non-hand weapon they'd rather use. And it just feels wrong for it not to apply to Witch Elves using their signature two hand weapons.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

So what could I convert the Kruleboyz Sludgegeraker into? 

I am open to ideas! :D

although I guess it depends for what faction specifically you want to convert it into.

with orks you can easily just leave it as is, with maybe the mordor ork on top being exchanged for a black ork big boss of some sorts

FDC0F604-DD3E-43E0-8EE9-A2675D859832.jpeg

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

although I guess it depends for what faction specifically you want to convert it into.

with orks you can easily just leave it as is, with maybe the mordor ork on top being exchanged for a black ork big boss of some sorts

FDC0F604-DD3E-43E0-8EE9-A2675D859832.jpeg

For Dark Elves of course :D