Shooting and line of sight

Louzi

Question

Hi,

I played a small tournament 1 month ago and played vs. Seraphon. He had a skink starpriest in between a saurus guard. I wanted to snipe that starpriest with my Knight Venator and in my opinion I had a clear line of sight, because the saurus guard didnt cover the starpriest completely. Well, he instisted that I wasnt able to shoot him...

How do you handle line of sight, especially on tournaments?

7 answers to this question

Letter of the rules, line of sight is 'true', not virtual. It's model's eye view. If you can see it, you can shoot it.
Unless the tourney had any additional rules on LOS.
A lot of people tend to play a standard house rule of 'body only', e.g. Weapons, banners, cloaks or fantastic headgear don't count. But that's still just a house rule.
One of the main things on the AoS learning curve is that characters are a lot more vulnerable to shooting than they used to be.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

This is something that my group has been trying to work on, we've so far had fun doing specifically BASE-TO-BASE, but BEHEMOTHS and FLYING units have LoS to everything, and everything has LoS towards them. Of course you still need range. This way, we practically ignore the model itself and have a standard way of measuring. We also tend to use a lot of terrain, so models need to be on the edge of a terrain piece to have LoS from it, as long as you can draw an unobstructed line from the base to another base.

Archived