The Painting Contract - November 2023

TheOtherJosh

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Those little guys are going to get me the whole new Cities line, aren't they? Though really I shouldn't. Emergency pet care proves very expensive.

They are certainly my favourite thing about Cities of Sigmar. And I love the army!

I hope now that the Gargoylians exist independent artists jump on the train of designing variety packs of little marginalia dudes on Etsy. I would put these guys on all my bases if I could.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

They are certainly my favourite thing about Cities of Sigmar. And I love the army!

I hope now that the Gargoylians exist independent artists jump on the train of designing variety packs of little marginalia dudes on Etsy. I would put these guys on all my bases if I could.

I should really get this guy's minis for that, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2004599158/hieronymus-bosch-tabletop-miniatures

But they are quite pricy and taller than I want for marginalia.

I loved the old Chaos Familiars set, and would love more of that.

• Thanks 1

I started this a while ago and my wife keeps mentioning that I need to finish it. But ofcourse we all have different extra projects. Haha

Hope you like my take on the Everqueen, still WIP.

Working on the beetle right now and wanting to finish this one first before takeling the Everqueen again. Luckily I already finished parts of her. Just need to do the legs and weapon and healing pot.

20231121_204437.jpg

20231121_204521.jpg

20231121_204714.jpg

• Like 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Sparxius said:

I started this a while ago and my wife keeps mentioning that I need to finish it. But ofcourse we all have different extra projects. Haha

Hope you like my take on the Everqueen, still WIP.

Working on the beetle right now and wanting to finish this one first before takeling the Everqueen again. Luckily I already finished parts of her. Just need to do the legs and weapon and healing pot.

20231121_204437.jpg

20231121_204521.jpg

20231121_204714.jpg

Loving the paint scheme on the beetle, really goes well with sylvaneth.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ThalmorRepresentative said:

1. Based some skitarii

2. Highlighted and layered Belisarius Cawl's robes

3. Painted up a Wraithblade

D2HIvPV.jpg

uBDndYT.jpg

BPuF9Ea.jpg

4zuf4pE.jpg

sDXtidd.jpg

QdzQKgD.jpg

ajVmnQO.jpg

4ViOPfd.jpg

HXaSyz9.jpg

l3E10Ot.jpg

OdfFW45.jpg

I love Wraithguards, so I love your Wraithblade too. Didn‘t know there was a close combat variant. Since I got Rubrics (my one true love), I‘ll probably never get Wraithguard minis as they‘re so close in concept but damn, they look amazing every time I see them. Perhaps I‘ll paint some just for fun one day… the list of my minis I wanna paint for fun gets bigger and bigger. 🙈

3 hours ago, MitGas said:

I love Wraithguards, so I love your Wraithblade too. Didn‘t know there was a close combat variant. Since I got Rubrics (my one true love), I‘ll probably never get Wraithguard minis as they‘re so close in concept but damn, they look amazing every time I see them. Perhaps I‘ll paint some just for fun one day… the list of my minis I wanna paint for fun gets bigger and bigger. 🙈

Wraithguard are love and life, and one of my favorite units! Glad to see a fellow wargamer of culture :D ! You should paint some sometime, they're an awesome challenge for the brush!

Got some additional work done on Cawl!

iPoZI6V.jpg

Ie9QUDE.jpg

Y86R04g.jpg

Vuhb4Y4.jpg

BgI8YnV.jpg

X0MjDJ4.jpg

• Like 3

Finally done painting these Kurnoth Hunters. Took me a while but i finally got a feel for how i want to paint and base the rest of the army.

20231127_1339452.jpg.cfe12bd25272c0acb2d3ebe3fd26f091.jpg

Decided i still want to paint up the quiverbugs. I found some leftover bases and now i can put them next to the bow option if need be.

20231127_131008.jpg.6d8d1e0dc51eee19b91a9bb7e270aed7.jpg

I also finished building the Warsong Revenant but the weather is letting me down, so sadly i cant prime any minis today.

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2