My own clone! Groundbreaking new list concept for matched play

Double Misfire

32 minutes ago, Terry Pike said:

I've used some "interesting" lists in my time, this would not be one of them!

Ahah redemption time? :P 

@Double Misfire: Based on your first list (with only "small" Archaon), you could do a tanky list like that:

Archaon The Everchosen (320)

Harbinger of Decay (140)
Harbinger of Decay (140)
Harbinger of Decay (140)
Harbinger of Decay (140)
Harbinger of Decay (140)

Chaos Marauders x 40 (240)
Chaos Marauders x 30 (180)
Chaos Warriors x 30 (540)

You'll still struggle to do stuff, but once you have a unit with five 5+ ward saves on an objective it's pretty much yours for the rest of your life...

Because varanguards are really expensive for what they do... Plus with two big blocks of marauders and a block of warriors you will be crazily tough.

Also, if you run 3x10 marauders + varanguards, you won't be able to keep everyone under the bubbles. You'll then certainly choose to keep the harbingers under varanguards and archaon, which means your 30 marauders will die in no time leaving you with no units to hold objectives.

You could replace the 30 warriors for 30 marauders and add 10 chaos knights. You'll however still have issues with keeping everyone under bubbles.

I actually tried to see if it was possible to fit the Blightguard formation + archaon + harbingers, but at 2000 points you can only play 4 units of 5 blightkings and 2 harbingers, so Archaon is not worth it...

Playing Blightkings alone without Lord of War (Archaon is your general, so no command trait) won't be that great.

5 minutes ago, Bosmer Nightblade said:

Not even sure why anyone is taking the thread seriously. The guy is a troll and posts things in an attempt to try to show AoS as broken, because it's against the rules to directly create rage posts. So he just makes posts like this instead in an attempt to wind everyone else up.

Don't feed the troll ;)

THIS. This thread needs to die. I'm honestly surprised it's gotten the attention it has.

Not even sure why anyone is taking the thread seriously. The guy is a troll and posts things in an attempt to try to show AoS as broken, because it's against the rules to directly create rage posts. So he just makes posts like this instead in an attempt to wind everyone else up.
Don't feed the troll [emoji6]

I hear you. There was some thread in general discussion about "Repairing the Lore" and I lost my off-brand diet soft drink over my tablet when I was reading it. Some people just can't help but express opinions they shouldn't.... [emoji1]

Besides, theory hammer's part of the fun.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived