Dawnbringers II - Reign of the Brute SPOILERS Discussion

KingBrodd

15 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

Haha, Yep! (Sorry I didn’t just use spoilers, I forgot how to do them on this site. Little frustrating every forum uses a different system for censors instead of a standard method)

all good!! i'm just hoping for some GW-lore stating Hallowed Knights have Reclaimed in them since that's how i'm building my own HK Stormhost :D

• Thanks 1

Haha, not that such a thing wouldn’t be scary too since the Phoenicium is sitting on the areas known for tree volcanoes. A sequoia there could spell your doom while preserving you in molten amber. 🌋 🍯 

I think the city will be fine though. They could use it in the future with Sun-god Tyrion’s expansion and either give a CoS ally bonus with it or just use it as easy Lumineth lore expansion for them getting involved in more events outside Hysh with delegations & colonists sent under the Ur-phoenix when it revives in Hysh and returns to Ghyran.(also something something shadow falling could be  Ulgu or the blind sun-king’s watch over the city)

But anyway speaking of deadly trees, Drycha Hamadreth story today that seems to take place after Fort Gardus started to fall to a mix of Attack on Titan Rumbling & green big pig missile.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/22/dawnbringer-chronicles-vii-wrath-of-the-forest/

Also nice the free download PtG shown off the confrontation in the Fortress city:

image.jpeg.52c2379192a3846b5cd70cd091b2591d.jpeg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/21/discover-the-divine-blessings-and-dismal-setbacks-that-might-afflict-your-twin-tailed-crusade/

King Brodd spoilers so skip if that’s important to you:

Interested in how King Brodd recovers from being felled. He *could* just shake it off but that was some serious head damage between all the Kharadron opening up on him and Gardus delivering the final blow ala Thor-style to the head.

If dead we might see a new revive mechanic with his connection to Behemat with a respawn back in his chest bile. 

Behemat’s dead heart sits under the Great Green Torc which acts as a link between the Life & Death realms so would work as a focal point for Brodd’s soul to be pulled down into him before vomited up again with a deluge of life magic.

image.jpeg.8b5dc1c968312dd1ddb64cd5784d652d.jpeg
image.jpeg.e6675114d39ad63b9535e0a26dad8857.jpeg
image.jpeg.398a044b51d6cabe0630af1281c159bb.jpeg

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Yesterday I finished dawnbringers 2. It's a lot better that DB1 but that doesn't mean a lot.

It still feels meh, even if KOs had a little part with King Brodd (GW can remove that part and nothing will change).

I don't know why but it feels like a wasted oportunity. Imho, armies of renown have so much potential for a narrative campaign and even matched play, but their rules are meh.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished Reign of Brute finally. Like @Beliman its an improvement but definitely not as groundbreaking as Broken Realms.

I still loved it though!!

Cannot wait for Book III which feels likes its going to be very Khornate and perhaps even Khorgus Khull will reach Daemonhood and get a new mini!!

• LOVE IT! 2

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2023 at 8:07 PM, KingBrodd said:

Just finished Reign of Brute finally. Like @Beliman its an improvement but definitely not as groundbreaking as Broken Realms.

I still loved it though!!

Cannot wait for Book III which feels likes its going to be very Khornate and perhaps even Khorgus Khull will reach Daemonhood and get a new mini!!

Is there a similar thread for dawnbringer 3 or not yet ? 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/22/2023 at 9:28 AM, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Since things are now heating up in Ghyran: Do we think the Phoenicium being destroyed is going to be a plot point of Dawnbringers?

After all, "a great shadow has fallen over the city's future".

phoenicium.png.f7f62396d63c4a56761283938b5a1d76.png

OH NO

OH

NO