Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin RTS discussion

oh here's the article if you want to read along too https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/15/warhammer-video-game-trailers-realms-of-ruin-map-editor-and-rogue-trader-release-date-revealed/

"Newly revealed features include a powerful map editor, which allows players to create their own battlegrounds with the same tools available to the developers. These maps can then be used in custom multiplayer games, or shared in the cross-platform workshop, where community votes will secure the best maps a place in Conquest Mode and multiplayer rotation."

"You can apply your livery to the whole faction, or customise individual units – it’s essentially a powerful digital painting table."

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 3

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

either way, SUPER glad to see this game coming out swinging. too many naysayers, but now we've got RNG campaigns, map editor, full "livery editor", and even a SCENE EDITOR for all your diorama and RP needs.

It's AoS, so of course it was gonna draw aggro on the internet from imbeciles who still haven't swallowed End Times happened, but with every annoucement, the game is revealed to be even more chock a block with content than we previously thought. I always think replayability is one of the most important aspects of video games, and Realms of Ruin looks to have it in spades.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Leshoyadut said:

I am almost certainly looking to play Nighthaunt, as well, though I'm very curious what the Chaos faction will be. I don't know that we've seen even any hints to what it is?

it's looking like Tzeentch both because of an investor's powerpoint slide (thaumaturge ogroid reveal) and because the human wizard from main campaign is looking for a dangerous magical artefact to use...

• Like 2

Messed around with the demo. What's there isn't bad, though I was hoping we'd get to mess with Skirmish as well a bit.

The voice acting is generally good, but it's always kind of jarring when they very obviously have to pronounce the full, official, GW-approved title of something, "We need to find our VANGUARD HUNTERS (available now from Games-Workshop.com!)" and "You are our only STORMDRAKE GUARD" etc.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Messed around with the demo. What's there isn't bad, though I was hoping we'd get to mess with Skirmish as well a bit.

The voice acting is generally good, but it's always kind of jarring when they very obviously have to pronounce the full, official, GW-approved title of something, "We need to find our VANGUARD HUNTERS (available now from Games-Workshop.com!)" and "You are our only STORMDRAKE GUARD" etc.

"Lord Imperitant! The Kruleboyz Gutrippaz have captured our last of SUBWAY™ 5 DOLLAR FOOTLONG with your choice of a soda or cookie at no extra cost available now at a SUBWAY™ location near you! EAT FRESH! "

• Haha 2