Age of Sigmar: Realms of Ruin RTS discussion

Played with Gobbspark a bit. It's a flying tier3 hero that swaps the Killaboss on Gnashtoof for him.

It's a powerhouse that doesn't take sustained damage well, with a bit of AoE damage from landing and a cone-damage that doesn't do enough damage by itself (needs some boltboyz behind).

I can't play anymore today (a lot of work this days) but I will try a few games next sunday, maybe even with a few SCE games to see Yndrasta.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Played with Gobbspark a bit. It's a flying tier3 hero that swaps the Killaboss on Gnashtoof for him.

It's a powerhouse that doesn't take sustained damage well, with a bit of AoE damage from landing and a cone-damage that doesn't do enough damage by itself (needs some boltboyz behind).

I can't play anymore today (a lot of work this days) but I will try a few games next sunday, maybe even with a few SCE games to see Yndrasta.

Sounds like a good swap for KB? I never really find myself buying the lord celestant as SCE, so i'm looking forward to getting Yndrasta instead of a 2nd dragon lol

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 5:43 PM, CommissarRotke said:

Sounds like a good swap for KB?

Completely. Most of tier2 and 3 units can survive with a bit of micro (stuns, damage debuffs, shields, bubbles). Gobbspark, with his flying movement, can support any skirmish that is not already lost after 3 or 4 seconds.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Wow. Quite agrresive discounts for a recently released game.

A month, It's on my wishlist, but I will wait for atleast 75%. It's still 35,99 euro after the 40%, which is still high compared with the games I buy on steam. I hope BG3 will get a good christmas discount, but it seems not.

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

A month, It's on my wishlist, but I will wait for atleast 75%. It's still 35,99 euro after the 40%, which is still high compared with the games I buy on steam. I hope BG3 will get a good christmas discount, but it seems not.

I got it for 51,19 € before the launch for the ultimate ed from a key shop. With the current 45% it is at 41,24 €. Imo a 75 % would take time.

I don't know what the game needs. But from my POV, I would like to see a crazy patch that changes the whole game (I spend more time paiting and building dioramas than playing the game, feels boring to me):

• Remove Locked Melee Range. Remove that Retreat Ability. Just click back and forth with some type of penalty.
  • Remove cost of all abilities.
  • Redesign all Heroes to be completely unique (see below). 
  • New tech-tree. That means unique skills for Heroes/unique characters, Structures/towers, the way the army plays (movement, resource gathering, etc...) and all this stuff.
  • At least 2 to 3 non-mirror new units for Army.
  • Change units costs and the option to "enhance" each unit (5 models to 10 models).
  • 1 or 2 unique strucutres/towers, each one unique with diferent abilities for each army (see tech-tree point).
  • More impactful terrain: Units falling down cliffs, high ground for ranged units, trees that block LoS or projectiles, etc...
  • Neutral monsters (campaign and PvP). Unique monsters/bosses in campaign and some camps or stuff that gives resources on PvP maps.

I know it's a lot of stuff, but I think that's what the game needs. A mix between a moba and RTS, but without what makes this both genres great.

Edited by Beliman
  • Confused 1

On 12/18/2023 at 1:02 AM, Xil said:

Bought the ultimate for 67 in preorder...meh, still fine for me

yea i'm still generally fine with it, but this quick discount feels like maybe there was an argument about the price and GW/Frontier stockholders won out?

this quick to 40% very much feels like an "ok you (devs) were right, price too high"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MiNibbler said:

I don't know what's my problem exactly, but I fail at the first mission against the nighthaunt and I lost interest after the first seven tries 😅

Yeah lol, you are like a friend of mine who lost in DoW1s tutorial xD

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

instantgaming is one of the better grey market sites, but I got a bad Total Warhammer 3 key from them so YMMV.

fanatical is a first party site and looks like same price https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-realms-of-ruin-ultimate-edition

Did you? I always buy there and never had issues. Good to know.

• 4 weeks later...

Sketched a doodle for a reminder that tomorrow is the last day to get the game 50% off on Steam and that the Feb 6th is when the Diorama contest ends.

Absolutely love the entries I’ve spied so far. I hope the Brightspear defense one gets recognition especially. 👌 ️ 

Edit: Oh, missed this one. Temporary Alliance is a beaut with that angle of holy angel flying before a daemon.

image.png.e2a71fa29666267a16908cdf92662009.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

I like his Silence ability, fluffy and an excellent counter to the Tzeentch buffs.

On that, a bunch of QoL updates & Balance Changes hit to day as well:

https://www.aosrealmsofruin.com/update-notes/1-2

Kruleboyz finally got some love on a balance scale, even if it’s not from GW. 😅

Tzeetch birdy able to fire off cheaper nukes is scary too(and probably why the Silence ability was showcased on it 😏)

Wargamer also has a review on the new heroes.

https://www.wargamer.com/warhammer-realms-of-ruin/dlc-heroes-nighthaunt-tzeentch

And in case anyone doesn’t know the game is cheap on a really good humble bundle right now that ends on April 4 while a PlayStation sale has -70% off ends in 8 days.

And shout-out to this guy’s player guide to help people get into games with the multiplayer events the discord has.

And finally congrats to RoR for rising from top 60 British games nominations to top 10 and now top 6 nominees! 🎉 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I'm not really sure who decided on the DLC pricing, especially after the Total War Debacle, but luckily these are easily passable.

The new patch itself feels great--Engage Stance is on by default so units are feeling a lot more reactive now + the AI isn't overwhelming me from sheer micro anymore

• Like 1