Help with new Army idea

Skarband

9 hours ago, Skarband said:

I'm a big fan of Night lords from wh40k I got the idea to transfer them somehow to age of sigmar the problem is which army will reflect the character of this legion the most 😁 I'm looking for inspiration 

Imo, Nighthaunts. At least some of their abilities and how they play.

Nightlords and Nighthaunts are a heavy troop army that want to charge and bully the enemy. Their Aura of Dread is exactly what a Nightlords army should have, and Wave of Terror remind me of the Horus Heresy A Talent for Murder (even if it's on a charge with diferent bonus, but all of them can be thematic). The Frightful touch seems to be something that Nostraman Chainweapons already do (instead of rerolls, just mortal wounds on a good hit roll).

There are weird things too, because Nighthaunts can ressurect some of their models and the Etheral thing, but it is what it is.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Skarband said:

I'm a big fan of Night lords from wh40k I got the idea to transfer them somehow to age of sigmar the problem is which army will reflect the character of this legion the most 😁 I'm looking for inspiration 

Skaven.

just skaven.

nothing but skaven

Only skaven.

Also we have frightful monsters and life in the dark waiting for the right moment to strike.

so skaven

do skaven

it was meant to happen

just do it.

you know you want to

theres no denying it 

• Haha 3

Not one hundred percent sure if you mean aesthetically, ruleswise or gameplay.

I would make a Slaves to Darkness army blended with Soulblight Grave lords that is lead by a Chaos Worshipping vampire lord. 

Maybe grab one of those citadel skull boxes and really go to town with a terrifying Chaos army that can proxy as an elite Soulblight army

I would also make sure to stock up on Unmade and Corvus Cabal cultists. 

I also think that a really creepy Idoneth Army might also fit the bill?

2 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Skaven.

just skaven.

nothing but skaven

Only skaven.

Also we have frightful monsters and life in the dark waiting for the right moment to strike.

so skaven

do skaven

it was meant to happen

just do it.

you know you want to

theres no denying it 

Plus with all those beautiful new refreshed models Skaven have been blessed with, how could you resist? 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Plus with all those beautiful new refreshed models Skaven have been blessed with, how could you resist? 😂🤣

Yes, thanks to games workshop neglective attitude toward skaven we have been blessed with many-many ratastic looking 3d files to be printed.

we get our army cheaper then anyone else

yes-yes 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Neverchosen said:

Not one hundred percent sure if you mean aesthetically, ruleswise or gameplay.

I would make a Slaves to Darkness army blended with Soulblight Grave lords that is lead by a Chaos Worshipping vampire lord. 

Maybe grab one of those citadel skull boxes and really go to town with a terrifying Chaos army that can proxy as an elite Soulblight army

I would also make sure to stock up on Unmade and Corvus Cabal cultists. 

I also think that a really creepy Idoneth Army might also fit the bill?

@Neverchosen has the right idea, however make sure your leader is kit bashed using Mannfred Von Carstein The Mortarch of Night. Mix the Chaos Warriors with Bonereaper helmets, have a heavy blood knight presence in your army, and spread the glory of the 8th Legion throughout the Mortal Realms. 

And as always, post pics when you're done.

• LOVE IT! 1

Nighthaunt or elite-style Soulblight come to mind. Nighthaunt are all about the fear aspect, whereas with Soulblight units like blood knights and grave guard you can get a similar visual theme combined with strong combat stats, mobility/deep-strike, and a bravery debuff.

Edited by NinthMusketeer