Barak Votann, Kharadron engineering let loose

Today we got the first glimpse of the trikes....or i should say "Hovertrike":
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/04/revealed-the-leagues-of-votann-get-on-their-trikes/
Intereting note the rider is a woman also...i'd hoped for some long or braided hair (as males had fluent beards) but is nice to see also some female models (coff coff GW give us Borri Kraglan as special characters for KO coff).
I like the industrial\dieselpunk feel also...less clean than the previewed warrior and more similar to the squats of old(and also similar to the man of iron of Blackstone interestingly enough :P).

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

It very much reminds me of the Kharadron with the curved shapes. Like the female squat as well- I'm hoping for some with braids too [apparently all in the leagues fight so we should have mixed squads]. 

Think it bodes well for when they return to the kharadron. 

There’s a lot of people on Reddit who confused Flynt for a Votann and now I’m wondering about making the antigrav unit nautical themed and water colored to go with as a Aether-skimmer with harpoon replacements and the antigrav wheels as fancy sky-life preservers on the sides? 🤔

• Like 1

Took me a bit but I just realized what they remind me off. They look a lot like the Digger bots from the Metal Arms game(I adored that game)

image0.jpg
image1.jpg

That could be a fun project mixing them with some tech bits & Deathrattle(for the skinny line-limb connections) to make a Glitch Cogmunculus. 

I do not know that game, but I think they blur the lines between Kharadron and Votann even more.

Necromunda seems to have other races represented by gangs. Tau and van Saar match, Necrons and Delaque, (Dark) Eldar and Escher, Space Marines and Palanite, Inquisition and Cawdor, Goliath and Orks etc.

This is a more straightforward relation.

16 hours ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

I love the art! Especially the character profiles - looks like the same artist that did the KO ones. Hope we get models like both in the future [for KO and LoV]. 

All sounds very cool and intriguing. I like how the clone/genetic manipulation echoes the idea that dwarfs are made by their ancestor [gods]. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, silverstu said:

I love the art! Especially the character profiles - looks like the same artist that did the KO ones. Hope we get models like both in the future [for KO and LoV]. 

All sounds very cool and intriguing. I like how the clone/genetic manipulation echoes the idea that dwarfs are made by their ancestor [gods]. 

I like also that they feels off considering the weird proportions of the heads,but i agree.
The idea of cloneskeins seems to put an old sci fi classic in 40k in an interesting way (or at least a new part of that idea, as clonation\bioengineering is already present in 40k in many forms).
Despite all is not even "true clonation" but is more a boengineering production mode for a viable population...i just hopes they'll ramp up the throwback to Daot era humans and the similar aesthetics we already saw with some model (Kastelan and the man of iron).

• Like 1

Looks like we are going to get hammers! 😃 And blades, hopefully axes.

They make substantial use of plasma fields either to augment blades or extend them, while concussion weapons like hammers and mauls mount mass drivers to really make an impact.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/05/20/lore-of-the-votann-ancient-quasi-divine-machine-intellects-make-for-decent-gunsmiths-it-turns-out/

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

On 5/23/2022 at 10:14 PM, EntMan said:

Yep! Hoping that's being used by a warlord or his guard in exo armour! And that could definitely be a weapon swap for KO admirals.. 

Edited by silverstu
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, silverstu said:

Theres been a leak of some of the stratagems and Psyker abilities - all sounding very dwarfen! There are Judgement tokens which sound a lot like grudges!! Plus mention of a Hekaton Land Fortress.... 

Check out Valraks Youtube ..

And Berserkers, I'm sure the video mentioned Berserkers.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 2

They also mentioned the subfactions:
-Urani-Surtr regulates
-Thurian greater league (it should be the "main" color scheme judging by the icon)
-Trans-Hyperian Alliance
-Kronus Hegemony
-Ymir Conglomerate

The names feels very "sci-fi"(as the symbols as they seems more "corporations symbols of sort") and imho a bit calls out the various "trade federations" tropes.....maybe we could expect some Kharadron inspiration?

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 8:50 PM, EntMan said:

And Berserkers, I'm sure the video mentioned Berserkers.

Yep Cthonian Beserks, Einhyr seem to be the elites/exo armour, Grimnyr are the Psykers and Kälhs are the warlords?

I think there will be so much fun kit bashing across the ranges, the Exo suits could work very well as a Kharadon heavy melee unit. But loving the sound of the faction !

• Like 2