Orruk Warclans Hobby Thread

Arzalyn

Bit of a older photo of my WIP on my Bog Dogz. I usually paint my Orks orange and thought these guy's had been banished to the swamps generations ago. The sun barely touches the inner depths where these guys start to loose their skin pigmentation & steel is a very scarce commodity so reserved for weapons only or for the very powerful so armour is mostly bronze.   

Bog Dogz WIP.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 9:25 PM, Clanger said:

Some of my Ironjawz so far. Another Mawkrusha to paint up and more Gore-gruntas. 

Mostly contrast over a zenithal undercoat so nice and quick to add things too. Needing to add some touch ups as well. 

20210804_101346.jpg

Love the mawkrusha colour, i've base coated mine in what I think is similar. Deathworld forest & Caliban green?

Great inspiration thanks!

Dear fellow orruk players.

As you may have noticed from my name, I’m not one of you.

But with the recent sculpts of cruelboyz, which seems to not be played to often in the competitive scene, I noticed how easily it is to build some amazing skaven models.

One of those magnificent models you guys may have seen and may even detest, since after all it is the desecration of anything orcy into what I would call something that cruel boyz can only dream to be.

One of those models you guys may have seen, if you remember the brood horror, I have made a while ago:4C99FCA4-7E5A-4C2E-8D19-1A9C40007F0C.jpeg.84ea327db2bc54e1bbb80a396586a7d7.jpeg

Yet this isn’t where my genius stops.

When we have a look at dobby (The marshcrawla troggoth) 

you may actually notice that the body

of that trog, kinda reminds one of an extremely skinny  stormfiend.

so if we exchange its head with one of the stormfiends one, remove the worthless gitz, and add a master moulder/ clalword onto it’s back, while also making a rat tail out of greenstuff, we actually

get the perfect bone-breaker ratogre.

Or just a smaller brood horror being ridden by a foul and mad rat39846DFA-9740-449C-ACD3-0845731CF79E.jpeg.9da96bb2d26040419a465432af949930.jpeg

Personally I’m very thankful for the existence of the lesser green-things,  since nothing, nothing gives me more pleasure, then to  

desecrate-create more more more terrifying beasts for the skaven.

yes-yes😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

4 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Dear fellow orruk players.

As you may have noticed from my name, I’m not one of you.

But with the recent sculpts of cruelboyz, which seems to not be played to often in the competitive scene, I noticed how easily it is to build some amazing skaven models.

One of those magnificent models you guys may have seen and may even detest, since after all it is the desecration of anything orcy into what I would call something that cruel boyz can only dream to be.

One of those models you guys may have seen, if you remember the brood horror, I have made a while ago:4C99FCA4-7E5A-4C2E-8D19-1A9C40007F0C.jpeg.84ea327db2bc54e1bbb80a396586a7d7.jpeg

Yet this isn’t where my genius stops.

When we have a look at dobby (The marshcrawla troggoth) 

you may actually notice that the body

of that trog, kinda reminds one of an extremely skinny  stormfiend.

so if we exchange its head with one of the stormfiends one, remove the worthless gitz, and add a master moulder/ clalword onto it’s back, while also making a rat tail out of greenstuff, we actually

get the perfect bone-breaker ratogre.

Or just a smaller brood horror being ridden by a foul and mad rat39846DFA-9740-449C-ACD3-0845731CF79E.jpeg.9da96bb2d26040419a465432af949930.jpeg

Personally I’m very thankful for the existence of the lesser green-things,  since nothing, nothing gives me more pleasure, then to  

desecrate-create more more more terrifying beasts for the skaven.

yes-yes😉

brilliant 

On 1/28/2022 at 6:44 PM, Flippy said:

Really nice, both are great. I’m not that much into Kruleboyz - but the models can look surprisingly good. I’ve just finished the alternative Idol - quick and relaxing job.

133B8B8A-36E4-4271-B704-F976D0BADD82.jpeg

Nice sculpt! where is it from? (or did you make it yourself?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Dear orruk/orc players. I need your help on suggestions for the green skin.

20220711_222926.jpg.369cfb8727147c5de0db907132d7d14c.jpg

What layers would you suggest to add to that skin?

I've used on this one militarium green and then plaguebearer flesh contrast. It's primed with wraithbone. I can't figure out what layer color would work on the skin. I felt doing just plaguebearer felt a little bit to dull too...

I've been thinking about ogryn camo and elysian green. What would y'all say is best for that olive krulleboys skin? Have anyone tried the new gutrippaz contrast?

On 7/13/2022 at 8:22 PM, Howdyhedberg said:

What layers would you suggest to add to that skin?

I've used on this one militarium green and then plaguebearer flesh contrast. It's primed with wraithbone. I can't figure out what layer color would work on the skin. I felt doing just plaguebearer felt a little bit to dull too...

I've been thinking about ogryn camo and elysian green. What would y'all say is best for that olive krulleboys skin? Have anyone tried the new gutrippaz contrast?

I painted this Murknob in similar colours, over a wraithbone base, used plaguebearer flesh, then highlighted with Ogryn Camo, then final highlight with Ogryn Camo plus a bit of wraithbone (probably 3:1 wish ratio). Lip was washed with Aethermatic Blue.

image.jpeg.c85d838bfd1ed5ea9d5604c1182bc858.jpeg

The Gutrippa I sprayed black, then zenithal with Wraithbone. Then Plaguebearer Flesh. The shadows and transitions were quite harsh so I did a layer of Elysian Green to feather it in. Then same as above. On this one I think I did too much highlighting with Ogryn Camo, so glazed it with watered Plaguebearer Flesh again to bring it back to the sickly green colour.

image.jpeg.19f7eb45212edf7bd31c8e14fffb00bc.jpeg

image.jpeg.2644d3327c412332a54066ff5a2c6a5c.jpeg

Hope this helps!

• Like 3