Storage and army cases

valenswift

I recently bought the Feldherr FSLB 150 as a tester for starting to store my armies in cases to free up some shelf space. However the slots for the figures are tiny and don't even fit the smallest of AoS minis - even Aelves!!!

So I was wondering what foam trays other people use that are available at a reasonable price in the UK? (Note: I am still fine with Feldherr if they have more appropriately sizes trays). I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times before so I apologize but also thank you for any suggestions.

KR multicases are pretty good, but these days I often just buy individual trays. There are loads of folks selling foam trays on ebay, so if you measure your models and type in the dimensions you need, you can usually find something the right size. Pick and pluck foam is also good in that respect. Yoy get a block and remove sections to make exactly the right spaces. Great for big monsters and fiddly things! Lastly you can often find second hand trays that have been cut up fairly cheaply. They don't look as nice, but some times you can put a big model in two sells and if the divider remains that can tuck in to fill space and keep them secure.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, valenswift said:

I recently bought the Feldherr FSLB 150 as a tester for starting to store my armies in cases to free up some shelf space. However the slots for the figures are tiny and don't even fit the smallest of AoS minis - even Aelves!!!

So I was wondering what foam trays other people use that are available at a reasonable price in the UK? (Note: I am still fine with Feldherr if they have more appropriately sizes trays). I'm sure this topic has been discussed many times before so I apologize but also thank you for any suggestions.

Your question is specifically about foam so apologies if this is of no interest to you but:

I have started with foam in boxes as well for storage (mostly buying from KR multicase) but it takes a lot of space. So I switched to using study cardboard boxes (kind of shoebox size and height appropriate to the minis I need to store) with metal sheets or tape at the bottom to hold the magnetised bases of my miniatures. Since it is for storage, as opposed to transportation to events, it doesn't need to be bomb-proof and it saves a lot of room

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 7:19 PM, Marcvs said:

I have started with foam in boxes as well for storage (mostly buying from KR multicase) but it takes a lot of space. So I switched to using study cardboard boxes (kind of shoebox size and height appropriate to the minis I need to store) with metal sheets or tape at the bottom to hold the magnetised bases of my miniatures.

That's pretty much my journey with storage. I have found this the way works best for me.

• Like 1