• Daughters of Khaine
    • Fyreslayers
    • Idoneth Deepkin
    • Kharadron Overlords
    • Lumineth Realm-Lords
    • Seraphon
    • Stormcast Eternals
    • Sylvaneth

I haven't read the books but I don't feel the show is bad.

I think their main target are teenagers and that's why some of the clothes, colors or the fighting scenes are done that way and it seems a bit odd sometimes.

But that's the way it goes. Let's hope that wircher 2 have more budget than the first season...

Edited by Beliman

1 hour ago, Iksdee said:

Ok we have quite a lot of votes now and i cant say im surprised that some of the newer releases got a lot of votes. What does surprise me are CoS and Skaven being so popular with their ancient models. Guess they have a loyal fanbase.

Or bc they are older armies you have more players with them. Cities is called the Old players army for a reason a lot of times lol. 

Also some older armies broke about like Orks/Goblins, if they would have stayed together they might be much more popular, there is a lot of little factors that could change it for anyone. 

Edited by Maddpainting

7 minutes ago, Maddpainting said:

Or bc they are older armies you have more players with them. Cities is called the Old players army for a reason a lot of times lol. 

Also some older armies broke about like Orks/Goblins, if they would have stayed together they might be much more popular, there is a lot of little factors that could change it for anyone. 

Its just that i'm surprised some are still invested in those armies in 2021 even after years of getting no releases at all, respect from me. I love my old armies but i also like painting and building the new shiny stuff too. I'm also wondering if any of the votes are people that started those armies this year.

10 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

Its just that i'm surprised some are still invested in those armies in 2021 even after years of getting no releases at all, respect from me. I love my old armies but i also like painting and building the new shiny stuff too. I'm also wondering if any of the votes are people that started those armies this year.

I am one of the Cities votes and I have indeed started it this year, although it evolved from a complement of my Stormcasts (I like the idea of the Stormkeep armies). That being said, I had no miniatures from "back in the day" so the no new release was not a consideration. I still try to buy new-ish kits and supplement the rest with 3d prints, and Cities is great for conversions & co. (for instance, I made a Freeguild General, Anointed on Foot, and Fleetmaster from the Crimson Court kit)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fitting Soulblight Gravelords are at the top. They are a very hyped army and it matches how vampire crazy this year was(Castlevania, Resident Evil 8, House of Ashes, the latest Monster Hunter Rise bat dragon, etc).

Besides that they’re a perfect glow-up force from Legions of Nagash that evolved into vast diverse dynasties instead of just vampire bloodlines and are technically multiple armies as the zombies, skeletons, necromancers can strike out on their own without the need for Soulblights and mirroring that you can now do pure vampire-only armies without the chaff which is very unique. 

Best of all is all the brand new characters that help to keep fleshing out AoS and friggin’ werewolf-vampires born from Godbeast blood, twisted vampire-centaurs and vampires in general styling their hair while upside down to show they don’t need to hide among mortals but can create their own cultures with sprawling empires or teleporting castles bedecked with Death Realm gods besides Nagash is glorious world-building for the endless possibilities of the Mortal Realms that keep growing even in the Underworlds.

Plus it has Mannfred and he’s a beast so that’s a big win for them. :D  

That said I voted for my golden bois, like glorious new Gardus(Only the Faithful!), Bastion, Yndraste, the living artillery meteor knights Annihilators and now magical dragons that can breathe anything from fire to lightning to molten amber(if they adapt to Ghur long enough) and my wizard dragon boi Krondys on top of it all.

Absolutely no disrespect on Death but it does end up for me being chad Demigod 9-foot tall Stormcasts vs virgin husk deady bois. ;) 

Stormcast+scale+2.png

(Crazy these bois are even bigger than Primaris. What absolute celestial chads)

Complimentary shout-out to Lumineth for being amazing all way through and having the best hats in the Realms with their wizard army and mix of crazy oriental & Mediterranean aesthetics so we got light aelf samurais and calligraphy wizards on Japanese stilt-shoes next to Taiwan bull-helm monks and cloud & “kangaroo” riders.

Fantastic army and Light Realm lore all the way through from Alarith to Zenith temple.

Edit: oh yeah, wanted to say it’s also a bit funny to see Blades of Khorne at the bottom when for the past few weeks on Reddit it’s felt like a Bloodbound revival. Oddly a lot of posts for them showing up daily. Guess it’s a joy of this huge fanbase & AoS army variety that it can have so many different focuses.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Iksdee said:

Hey, I am still BoC main, which has never had any GW's respect lol.  We did get some models updates.. and many others removed as well as our worst unit nerfed even more and our best unit also nerfed.... But HEY! I still love them! 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Maddpainting said:

Hey, I am still BoC main, which has never had any GW's respect lol.  We did get some models updates.. and many others removed as well as our worst unit nerfed even more and our best unit also nerfed.... But HEY! I still love them! 

According to this vote BoC isnt even doing that bad this year. If they ever get an update i might consider buying them as my first chaos army to be honest.

While I love several of the new kits and am a huge fan of the new SCE kits, I voted for SBGL because it was really an army you could discuss about with everyone in the community. It brought back some good old WHFB Vampire Counts feel while also contributed to expanding unique AoS Designs with Vyrkos. It was a nice update to the Legions of Nagash and also ended symbolically with BR:Teclis the Narrative of Nagashs uprise in the second edition. Having an faction update bound to the ongoing story just feels good. Therefore it was the most wholesome release of the year in my opinion. 

Edited by Charleston
  • Like 5