Dice

pforson

Good morning.

I'm trying to decide how many dice I should take to an event. I'm currently thinking 35.

20 white, 10 black and 5 blue.

That way I can easily make multiples of 5 without having to count out dice in order to speed up gameplay. But is 35 enough?

Opinions?

I don't think I've ever had less than 50 for any games I've played and often it's border line if that's enough - that said I do have more 40k games under my belt than AoS where you tend to identify different weapons with different coloured dice.  The last games of AoS I played I have 100 of one colour and 36 of a different, plus odd larger dice for rolling things like casting and initiative (with a back up of a bag with 25, box of 36 and two cubes of 16's - though they generally don't get used).

Personally, 35 sounds about right but it's all down to what you are using them for. If you have lots of multi wound models and will use them as wound markers, you may want some more. I usually take around 80 mainly as that's whats in my gaming back (2 x GW dice blocks and some 16mm dice).

35 sounds about right. For those hypothetical 80 dice, rolling 35 then 35 then 10 works just as well as rolling 80 at once. Only drawback is having to remember how many per handful were hits, etc., and that's hardly a big problem.

For AoS I use about 36 dice in three colors, plus things like D10's, D20's, etc. for wounds. I keep about 50 dice in backup but it's not like I actually need the backup.

I use my 40 FaceHammer dice, its more than enough as I tend to not run units that have more than 30 attacks at best.

They are in different colours in batches of 20, so if I have to make 25 saves for example I know that if I grab my 20 whites and 5 blue I've got the right amount straight away

Archived