Bonersplitterz in 3rd Edition

Jimmy Bob Jones

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/02/15/regiments-of-renown-let-your-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-army-hire-mercenaries-with-powerful-abilities/

I like that we finally have a way to ally in bolt boys without losing our allegiance abilities. Looking at the box, it looks like two units of bolt boys and a beast skewer kiIl bow. I imagine that thier rules let them keep thier venom encrusted weapons rule, and makes the kill bow a hero. Heck, if they make the kill bow worth while I may consider taking them.

• Like 1

On 2/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, NauticalSoup said:

Yeah the fact that it notes their venom in the description means these mercenary bands must be bringing their own mini-battle trait bonuses. Which makes sense because otherwise they'd be about as useless as regular allies lol

Very curious to see how they all look.

Models are just the regular ones.

Edited by bonzai

Well, I am still bummed about the Rogue Idol being discontinued and that it inevitably will squated sooner than latter, but that hasn't happened yet. So I figured I would give him his last victory lap, and build my first list for the new hand book (which hasn't been locally in stock at all for me to actually get yet).

- Army Faction: Orruk Warclans

- Army Type: Bonesplitterz

- Subfaction: Drakkfoot

- Grand Strategy: Waaagh!

- Triumph: Bloodthirsty

LEADERS

Wurrgog Prophet (170)*

- General

- Command Traits: Master of Magic

- Artefacts of Power: Glowin’ Tattooz

- Spells: Squiggly Curse

Wardokk (80)*

- Spells: Power of the Were-boar

Wurrgog Prophet (170)*

- Artefacts of Power: Gryph-feather Charm

- Spells: Gorkamorka’s War Cry

- Aspects of the Champion: Tunnel Master

BATTLELINE

Savage Orruks (160)*

- Bone Totem Bearer

- Skull Thumper

- Savage Boss

- Chompa

Savage Orruk Morboys (160)**

BEHEMOTH

Rogue Idol (430)

OTHER

Savage Boarboy Maniaks (300)

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS

1 x Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

CORE BATTALIONS

*Warlord

**Galletian Veterans

TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I took Warlord for the extra artifact. Gryph Feather Charm let's me run two survivable Wurrgogs and Tunnel Master let's my non-general go head hunting or objective grabbing. The rest of the list is my basic bread and butter. Rogue Idol gets buff and healing support while buffing my casters. Only questionable pick is squiggly curse, but I haven't played around with it in a long time. I figure an Arcane Bolt and Squiggly curse to the face gives me a decent shot at taking down a hero.

That's about it. If you guys have any tweaks or suggestions let me know.

Edited by bonzai

• 2 months later...
47 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Hope we get a nice replacement with the upcoming campaign. At least Ironjawz got a huge boar. Hope we get something nice too.

I won't hold my breath. We are getting 12 models, 4 are heralds, and the first additional one we are getting is the Boar. That means we are probably getting one more destruction model. With Warclans and Gitz now represented, it is probably going to be Ogors... unless they release a unit of creepers for SoB.

Edited by bonzai
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well, I saw the leaks for the new GHB. Barring any points changes, this is what I am thinking of running.

- Triumph: Bloodthirsty
LEADERS
Wardokk (80)*
     - Spells: Hoarfrost
Wurrgog Prophet (170)**
     - General
     - Artefacts of Power: Glowin’ Tattooz
     - Spells: Rupture
     - Bonding:  Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur
Wardokk (80)**
Wardokk (80)**
     - Spells: Glowy Green Tusks
BATTLELINE
Savage Orruk Morboys (160)*
Savage Orruk Morboys (160)*
Savage Orruks (160)*
     - Chompa
BEHEMOTH
Krondspine Incarnate of Ghur (480)*
OTHER
Savage Boarboy Maniaks (300)*
Savage Boarboy Maniaks (300)*
1 x The Burning Head (30)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Battle Regiment
**Andtorian Acolytes
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

The idea is that the primal magic dice will boost the Wurrgog's casting, making a casting roll of 10 much easier for fist of gork, and rupture let's me feed the Incarnate without having to sacrifice my general. My general will have a potential +2 to cast thanks to the Incarnate and possibly a Wardokk dance. Hoarfrost and glowing green tusks help pump rend, which in turn synergizes with the Drakkfoot's ability, with a potential-5 rend pigs.

On the flip side, anti magic is going to be boosted as well, and I am not sure if we can hang as a caster army. We will see. Anyways, this is the best that I came up with once I saw the leaks. Then again, I might be back to the drawing board if the points change.

Edited by bonzai

While bonesplitterz didn't get any direct love I think theres a lot the season has to offer us, and some buffs that might sneak under the radar.

• Maniak Wierdnob with Fast 'un is probably the best possible range available on merciless blizzard. 24", or 32" with great hunter and tireless trackers on t1.
  • Our units love hoarfrost, plenty of stuff hitting on 4s with no rend
  • We can actually do the new kruleboyz battle tactic by bringing the regiment of renown
  • Wurgogg prophet dodged his enhanced spell being changed to unmodified rolls of 10+ so we can use primal dice to get the better version

6 hours ago, Ganigumo said:

While bonesplitterz didn't get any direct love I think theres a lot 

• Wurgogg prophet dodged his enhanced spell being changed to unmodified rolls of 10+ so we can use primal dice to get the better version

Lol, I think they forgot we existed. Either that, or there are so few of us left that they decided not to bother. I wouldn't put it past them to change it on the next battle scroll. It's a shame that we can't stack glowing green tusks and Hoarfrost. -5 rend pigs could have been fun.

14 hours ago, bonzai said:

Lol, I think they forgot we existed. Either that, or there are so few of us left that they decided not to bother. I wouldn't put it past them to change it on the next battle scroll. It's a shame that we can't stack glowing green tusks and Hoarfrost. -5 rend pigs could have been fun.

Yeah but we can buff the riders instead i guess.

• 2 months later...

Well... my list got invalidated today thanks to the battlescroll update. So I said ****** it, and decided to go with a fun list.

- Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
     - General
Wardokk (80)*
Wardokk (80)*
Wardokk (80)**
     - Spells: Merciless Blizzard
Bundo Whalebiter (440)**
BATTLELINE
Savage Orruks (160)**
     - Bone Totem Bearer
     - Skull Thumper
     - Savage Stikka
OTHER
Savage Boarboy Maniaks (300)**
1 x Emerald Lifeswarm (60)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Andtorian Acolytes
**Battle Regiment
TOTAL POINTS: 1990/2000

Bundo replaces the Incarnate, and is the new big distraction piece. He offers some tactical options with his objective kicking, and the life swarm will help keep him topped off. Took the Acolytes battalion for extra primal dice, Hoarfrost and glowing tusks buff units, Blizzard Wardokk and Wurrgog nuke things. I don't expect it to do particularly great, but it should be fun and take advantage of the new GHB stuff.

I had second thoughts about going the Gargant route. So I came up with a new list.

- Triumph: Inspired
LEADERS
Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
     - General
Wardokk (80)*
Wurrgog Prophet (170)*
     - Spells: Power of the Were-boar
Wardokk (80)**
     - Spells: Merciless Blizzard
Wardokk (80)**
BATTLELINE
Savage Orruks (160)**
     - Bone Totem Bearer
     - Skull Thumper
     - Savage Stikka
OTHER
1 x Prismatic Palisade (40)
CORE BATTALIONS
*Andtorian Acolytes
**Battle Regiment
TOTAL POINTS: 2000/2000

I leaned in harder on the casting. Double Wurrgog and a Blizzard should pick things up. Casting up to 7 Spells a turn with potential extra Primal Dice. I keep the pigs in big units to maximize the impact of buff spells, though it may pay to break one up, to focus on objectives. I think shooting is going to be a big deal in the coming months with cities out, and the double tapping KO army of renown incoming. So I am going to experiment with the palisade. Being able to potentially turn off shooting and unleash hell could be handy. I just wish that I had 20 more points to play with. I would upgrade a Wardokk to wierdnob to help keep up with the maniacs. 

What do you guys think?

• 3 weeks later...