Broken Realms Book question

So for someone who perhaps fell behind in collecting the broken realms campaign books and who is also behind on getting a hold of a 3.0 copy of the core book; I'm curious. Do the stories, lore and artwork from the BR books get transferred in full (or as good as) into the new big rule book; or do they hold good value in those aspects on their own.

Basically is it worth me spending the money picking up those books purely from a lore perspective (esp since the only one that has any actual rules I "need" is the slaanesh one) or is it mostly present in the big book and I'd be wasting the money that I could better spend on models or other shiny lore things from BL? 

On 7/3/2021 at 5:51 AM, Overread said:

Basically is it worth me spending the money picking up those books purely from a lore perspective (esp since the only one that has any actual rules I "need" is the slaanesh one) or is it mostly present in the big book and I'd be wasting the money that I could better spend on models or other shiny lore things from BL? 

Or just listen to any of the lore reviewers. 2+Tough on YouTube did a great job covering most of the highlights 

• Like 1

I bought all four books in limited edition format because I'm a sucker for fancy books. I suspected going in that they would be like End Times - full of cool art and stories, but having rules that are essentially dumped almost immediately.

My suspicions became certainties.

So, if you care about the rules, skip 'em.

If you care about the art and stories, get 'em.