AoS3 - Kruleboyz Discussion

Newtype_Zero

38 minutes ago, Grugg said:

Hey all, any advice for a kruelboyz list - building on the Dominion models?

I know there's a list based around boltboyz, and was thinking of using them as the 'hammer' along with some casters?

Any gitz units worth taking as allies?

Usually play ogors so would like something a bit different and lost my cities of sigmar army in the refresh (I played with lots of stormcast and sylvaneth coalition).

The dominion box give pretty much the core of the common kruleboyz list nowadays:

Allegiance: Kruleboyz
- Warclan: Grinnin' Blades
- Grand Strategy: Waaagh!
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Gobsprakk, The Mouth of Mork (240)
Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof (120)
Swampcalla Shaman with Pot-grot (100)
Snatchaboss on Sludgeraker Beast (290)

Battleline
10 x Gutrippaz (150)
10 x Gutrippaz (150)
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)

Units
6 x Man-skewer Boltboyz (240)
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

Total: 1710 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 2 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 124
Drops: 10

This is pretty much the core of the list, with the remaining 290 points open for you to fill as you prefer. A second Snatchaboss, more hobgrotz, a breakaboss are pretty common to fill those points.  Gitz units we generally see were Skaragrot (before the points increase), rockguts (for the lack of anvils) and snarfang (for the lack of mobility).
  • Like 1

Gnashtoof is still pretty divisive. I'm definitely not sold on it, but other than that yeah thats pretty much the list. Minus the gnashtoof you have about 400 points of wiggle room.

If you can get one of those swamp lurkers boxes thats most of what you need.

Gnashtoof is definitely undercosted at the current points, but it brings your drops up and it still doesn't do a lot other than exist efficiently, and this is an army that wants to be low drop I think. If you don't care about drops I could see running multiple gnashtoofs.

Thanks both for the thoughts.

I think the core of the army list (below) would be easy/cheap to get and useful for all lists.

Gobsprakk seems really strong, just a high cost investment initially which is a pain.

I do have a skragrott, so could include him, just trying to get a reasonable 2k list without too much monetary investment while I decide how much I'll play kruelboyz.

Leader
Killaboss on Great Gnashtoof (120)

Battleline
10 x Gutrippaz (150)
10 x Gutrippaz (150)
10 x Hobgrot Slittaz (80)

Units
- Reinforced x 1
- Reinforced x 1

8 minutes ago, Grugg said:

I think the core of the army list (below) would be easy/cheap to get and useful for all lists.

Gobsprakk seems really strong, just a high cost investment initially which is a pain.

I do have a skragrott, so could include him, just trying to get a reasonable 2k list without too much monetary investment while I decide how much I'll play kruelboyz.

If you are limited on what to get after the dominion, the snatchaboss is the most important model to get. It helps a ton at getting more millage out of the VEW triggers you get.

Just now, Grugg said:

Also how do you make hobgrots battle line? Just curious what the 3rd battle line unit is if they CANT be made BL.

For each unit of Gutrippaz you get you can make one hobgrot unit battleline. If you are using the app it shoul be a option on the same place you put the command options of the unit.

• Like 2

Currently building and painting up the core list suggested above.

Have found a couple of proxies to try out gobsprakk and sludgeraker before committing.

I've seen a few pictures of people allying in large blocks of gits shootas or stabbas.

What's the logic behind this? What role do they fill that hobgrotz don't for example?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Grugg said:

I've seen a few pictures of people allying in large blocks of gits shootas or stabbas.

What's the logic behind this? What role do they fill that hobgrotz don't for example?

Thanks

Hobgrots are 80 points for 10 wounds and 10 models. Stabbas are 120 points for 20 wounds and models meaning that they are more efficient per wound. 

Stabbas also get

• Netters in the unit, which make enemy units within 1" of the stabbas -1 to hit.
  • A 5+ save instead of a 6+ save
  • Drummer is +1 to run rolls rather than run and shoot so they move faster
  • Icon is +1 save vs missile weapons instead of reroll battleshock

So overall as a chaff unit netters have a higher wound efficiency and are faster/tankier than hobgrots.

Edited by Malakree
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Beliman said:

We need some type of battletrait that affects Hobgrots. Without any synergy, we are just comparing raw stats with an allied unit.

Maybe a battletactic.

"Pick two friendly hobgrot units on the battlefield. You complete this battletactic if both units run and shoot this turn."

• Like 1

Hobs are perfect as they are.
I'd happily take a point drop to 60 or 70 though, or a change to be unconditional battleline.
Them going to 120 for 20 is probably worse for us overall?
Most KB lists have the same 1600 points, so upping them to 120 for 20 eats into our already slim flex spots.

• 1 month later...